• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grew a beard for the first time in my life deep into adulthood and it has a certain power (no pics)

Trogdor1123

I grew one last year from October 1 to November 30 just to give it a try. It was the first I ever did and I honestly didn’t like it till the end. I need to do some maintenance on it and don’t really know how so it didn’t happen. I’m actually growing another right now and will give it a go. Wife ordered me up a proper brush this time so that is a plus. I need to figure it out and clean it up rather than let it do it’s own thing but again, don’t know what to do

This thread needs pictures

I don't know if it's good idea to post this here or not but fuck it

SJou5NF.jpg
Beards like this are ugly. They look like pubes on your face. I should know because I have the same beard if I grew it out.

GymWolf

Beards are crutches for ugly men to hide their face.
Sometimes yeah, sometimes you enhance an already good face with some beard.

Thor actor looks much better with some beard than with his natural shaved face, it looks more masculine\adult.

Also beard is usually correlated with virility for many women.

Same for some body hairs vs completely shaved, cavill with some hairs on his chest had me gay for a seconds or 2 when i saw his pics...

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Sometimes yeah, sometimes you enhance an already good face with some beard.

Thor actor looks much better with some beard than with his natural shawed face, it looks more masculine\adult.

Also beard is usually correlated with virility for many women.
Don't get in the way of my clearly hyperbolic dig about uggos hiding behind beards, Gymwolf.

That said...some dudes do need to hide behind it...give their jelly jaw line a little shape.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I started letting mine grow out too but I always shave it off once my hair and the beard start getting scraggly and it’s time for a haircut. I need to just let the beard go and find a barber shop that does shaves too and splurge to get a pro trimming along with my hair cut one of these days.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
Started sporting a beard about 10 years ago, and never looked back. It started as a sexy George Michael stubble in my younger days, now it's a full beard as necessity to hide the fact that I'm a chinless ghoul.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
8th grade classmates use to worry about beards, beards today are aligned with NBA players like James Harden.

treemk

Banned
Beards like this are ugly. They look like pubes on your face. I should know because I have the same beard if I grew it out.
Most guys beards look like these or worse starting out, same shit said to me now they're jealous saying "I wish I could grow a beard".

Real solution is to just let it grow, learn to trim it properly or get a good barber, it will fill in.

In addition to that, lots of sleep, sex, and weights to boost testosterone will make a difference in your beard over time.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Most guys beards look like these or worse starting out, same shit said to me now they're jealous saying "I wish I could grow a beard".

Real solution is to just let it grow, learn to trim it properly or get a good barber, it will fill in.

In addition to that, lots of sleep, sex, and weights to boost testosterone will make a difference in your beard over time.

How can you have a lot of sleep and sex at the same time?

Top Bottom