• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest Original Game Soundtracks of all Time

E-Cat

DKC1
DKC2
DKC3
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
OoT
Metroid Prime
Terranigma
REMake
Resident Evil 4
MGS 3
FFVI
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFXIII
Symphony of the Night
Einhander
Ikaruga
Resonance of Fate
Skies of Arcadia
SMB3
MM2
SMG 1&2
Chrono Cross
Super Monkey Ball 2
Sonic R

Last edited:

F31 Leopard

A lot of good mentions. I think SMTV has a great ost which gets overlooked. It meshes so well with the environment within the game. The fact it has 21 different battle themes is also awesome.

Some of my personal favorites from SMTV

Last edited:

Kakax11

Banned
kaga85b.jpg

not even a competition

STARSBarry

Gold Member
How to say you have never played Ar Tonelico without saying you have never played Ar Tonelico the thread.

It becomes more obvious with every post.

Last edited:

Pejo

This is the one thing that S-E still excels at, in my opinion. All of the Nier games and all of the Final Fantasy games have immeasurably good soundtracks.

A surprise one for me though was Guardians of the Galaxy. They made a 80s rock/metal band just for the OST, and it's got some real bangers.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Zelda games of course.

It feels like a series crafted by artists who created games just to showcase their songs. I discover a new song every day. This is true art. Magnificent.

Here is a great list:

My recent favorites;

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
There are loads I would consider among my favorites - The Witcher 3, Nier:Automata, Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Skyrim, Rome: Total War, to name a few - but if I had to pick just one as the greatest of all time, it'd have to be Medal of Honor: Frontline.

Michael Giacchino is a genius composer.

Top Bottom