• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush: Remastered

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Just got through 100%ing this game and well... what a RUSH! No seriously, this game was great. I can't believe it was originally a Vita title. I also can't believe it's just old enough to be a part of PlayStation All-Stars. I didn't play that game much so I didn't know she was a DLC fighter.

Anyway, the game is great. And even though it does show its technical limitations being a Vita port, I felt like it was filled out enough that it could have passed for a late PS3 game.

The soundtrack was just... okay. It could have been better with many of the tracks being rather short and therefore repetitive.

Graphics were good. Not a lot of detail in the characters and some of the assets were noticeably reused, but nonetheless, knowing this was a vita game originally- I mean the world was huge and when you include the physics engine needed to pull it off, it is impressive.

The story was zany and kept things moving at a brisk enough pace. But, some of it was confusing at times and a little too much on the cutesy side. I mean the army is named the Jellyfish? Not exactly a threatening force with a name like that. Also, the ending was super abrupt. Giving you the final scenes while the credits roll is lazy. I did appreciate the side quest stories, though. Some of them were more interesting to me than the main story.

Gameplay was superb. And this is where I felt the game shined. It was so relaxing just to zoom through the city collecting things, doing all the challenges or testing out a new power. Combat is repetitive, but part of that was my fault since I didn't figure out how to use stasis properly until toward the end of the game. If I wasn't so thick, I would have had a lot more fun flinging objects at enemies than just doing "gravity kick" over and over.

I give this game a solid B+. It kept my attention until the very end and beyond as I did manage to 100%- something that I am not always eager to do. Plus, to base an entire game around a such a unique gimmick and make it WORK it just genius. This is why I play video games!

So, now the question for me is: Is Gravity Rush 2 equally as good and worth picking up?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

To last question yes, its better in almost every way to me, I played 1: Remastered after 2 and I still had a great time though. They add in more variety to the combat as the story goes on.

You should play 2, the stasis (and combat in general) is way way better in 2, its really easy and fun to throw tons of objects at enemies. It just feels more fluid overall and the animations are even better. Story wise its kinda like Evil Dead 1 is to Evil Dead 2, its sorta of like a reimagining.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
As I have said before and will continue to say,

Gravity rush is the cultural heritage and humanism of the modern video game industry, I always wish that every gamer, no matter which console is preferred, knows this great saga.

It has everything in perfection.

- A mysterious story combined with heroism, the laws of gravity and love.

- It is not a violent game and it gives values, which society lacks a lot, such as always doing good without receiving in return.

- His characters are beautiful

- OST is beautiful

- Kat is an example to follow that there are people who are altruistic and a real heroe who is to be admired for their values.

-Kat is a great beauty, physically and emotionally, She is the best Sony character.

Gravity rush 2 is the best game I've ever play it in my life ... I put it in first place, and Chrono Trigger in second place, and Zelda Ocarina of Time with Majora Mask in 3rd place.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Gravity Rush 2 needs a PS5 patch for 60fps but I assume will never get one, damn shame. The stealth sections pure garbage, and the opening is boring. But the rest of it just as good as the first.
Gravity rush 2 is perfect just the way it is .... get rid of the stealth missions idea, don't let the stupid analysts at IGN contaminate you with the absurd idea, and the opening could be ... but it's well managed by which keeps the game more interesting as it progresse

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have the first one on Vita (haven't played) and I still have my PS4 copy of 2 sealed. I need to get around to playing them sometime.

Heimdall_Xtreme

I have the first one on Vita (haven't played) and I still have my PS4 copy of 2 sealed. I need to get around to playing them sometime.
I have 4 physical copies of Gravity rush remastered (Asia, USA, Journalism European and Korean) 2 Digital copies, THE Digital OST, The digital version of PS VITA, The Physical version of PS VITA.

Gravity rush 2 I have 4 physical versions (1 is limited edition) plus 2 digital ones and OST Digital... only in PS4, I Cannot say my collection of Gravity rush is more huge.

Heimdall_Xtreme

My Swan Song of PS4 Will be Japan Studio VR Music Festival...

Thank you for Gravity rush, is a Honorable farewell to a console that has gifted me the games of my life, like SNES did

THANK YOU... THANK YOU AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND MORE... MY GRAVITY RUSH
anime-girls-novelance-gravity-rush-wallpaper-thumb.jpg

OIP.P9n0O3ei92joUidW-mlu2QHaEo

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned

Gravity rush is the cultural heritage and humanism of the modern video game industry, I always wish that every gamer, no matter which console is preferred, knows this great saga.

- It is not a violent game and it gives values, which society lacks a lot, such as always doing good without receiving in return.

- OST is beautiful

- Kat is an example to follow that there are people who are altruistic and a real heroe who is to be admired for their values.

-Kat is a great beauty, physically and emotionally, She is the best Sony character.

Gravity rush 2 is the best game I've ever play it in my life ... I put it in first place, and Chrono Trigger in second place, and Zelda Ocarina of Time with Majora Mask in 3rd place.
Geez, I think I found Gravity Rush's number one fan. LOL. Glad you love the game. It's a great game to have as your GOAT.

KiteGr

Even if we put aside having found the no1 fan, they are still very good games.
The negatives I can think of are:
  • The game lacks some polish like graphics and voice acting due to being an early vita tittle.
  • The story appearing patched together, having an episodic format and ending abruptly.
  • The usefulness of each power not being as well communicated (ex. The evasive enemies it's better to throw junk at them)
  • The franchise being spread in mediums, with the in between story being given in YouTube videos and the epilogue in a Dlc.
  • The online functionality of GR2 having been discontinued.
Having said all that, I also love the game. The world is wonderfully surreal like a good French comic, and once you learn each situation for each ability, it can become enjoyably addicting.

Kupfer

I have 4 physical copies of Gravity rush remastered (Asia, USA, Journalism European and Korean) 2 Digital copies, THE Digital OST, The digital version of PS VITA, The Physical version of PS VITA.

Gravity rush 2 I have 4 physical versions (1 is limited edition) plus 2 digital ones and OST Digital... only in PS4, I Cannot say my collection of Gravity rush is more huge.
I have GR1 like 4 times, 3x physical and 1x digital for the Vita, because of what a great game it is for a great system. There was no question about getting GR2, but what a blow it didn't come for the Vita. So I bit the bullet, bought it for the PS4 and it just didn't click. Like someone mentioned, the first few hours, the stealth parts and some *go and find xy* missions just made the game I wanted to love a disappointment for me. Heavy hearted I put it aside, gave it a few months later another chance because I felt like maybe I wasn't in a good mood for the game, but no. Still disappointed.
I think it would have been a better game on the Vita, I'd love to play it on the go, I'd love to use GR1s controls and for the matter of being a handheld game, I would be more forgiving. But for the PS4 versions I just can't say GR2 is any fun for me. I guess it'll be the same for GR:R , so I didn't even buy it.

EDMIX

Shame Playstation wont get this type of unique experience because Sony more interested in western market.

Nah, they are interested in games that SELL!

If they if they only wanted shit from the western market, why would they do this?

So they are expanding them cause Sony is only interested in the western market orrr? Gravity Rush got several chances, with the remaster and with Gravity Rush 2, they games simply didn't move enough units.

Shit, your logic, Days Gone isn't getting a sequel cause......well......oh Sony is more interested in the west...oh thats game from the west?

But they closed down Evolution, clearly a Japanes-...oh wait.

Its almost as if they actually stop making sequels of games that don't move enough units, regardless of location. That has no relevance to any of this, what does have relevance is the game simply didn't sell enough.

You telling me if this shit moved 20 million Units Sony would have been like "nah, we hate money, this game is from Japanz and lovez da west" lol

Please stop with this narrative man. I'm sure you like the game, but fuck I like MANY games that failed to get sequels, more entries etc, I don't just pretend it MUST be a conspiracy against the region that a sequel didn't exist, some times those games don't sell enough to keep them going.

Thats it.

You going to tell me Sony hates Oregon and hates the UK? lol Many, many studios have closed down, many IP have not gotten sequels, 1 region can't really be what they all have in common to keep running on this theory man.

SSfox

One of favourite games out there and this game made me respect Keiichiro Toyama even more, I trust what ever he makes.

Shame Playstation wont get this type of unique experience because Sony more interested in western market.

"WTFfff????You're telling me you would be more interest in Gravity 3 than a Jade Raymond GaaS????!!! HOW???"

Hermen Hulst

MrSec84

Gravity Rush 2 needs a PS5 patch for 60fps but I assume will never get one, damn shame. The stealth sections pure garbage, and the opening is boring. But the rest of it just as good as the first.
Maybe Bluepoint Games could do it, since they worked on the remaster of the first game.
They're all but confirmed to be owned by PlayStation now too, so it would make sense.

There's also Nixxes, who used to do port work, but are now owned by PlayStation.

Guilty_AI

Played it recently, one thing that really impressed me that i wished more open world games did was the level of verticality on the map. By giving literal depth to the world, even with a small area like that it'll feel big. I'd just randomly fly around and that was enough to make me feel lost in the world, and I fully enjoyed the feeling.

Wished Sony kept making games like this instead of the usual Jiminy C crap. But i guess developing profitable and marketeable games will be more important to them than making actually good and interesting titles like this one.

EDMIX

Maybe Bluepoint Games could do it, since they worked on the remaster of the first game.
They're all but confirmed to be owned by PlayStation now too, so it would make sense.

There's also Nixxes, who used to do port work, but are now owned by PlayStation.

True, a collection like a PS5 remaster could test the waters to see if they have enough to even consider Gravity Rush 3, but I highly doubt it.

HotPocket69

Banned

- OST is beautiful

Like clockwork 😂😂😂

D8h5DQx.gif

MikeM

I just noticed 1 and 2 are downloadable through PSnow. So... they are fun? What game could I compare this to?

Fret Runner

I have a love/hate relationship with this game.
Love the two games and Kat
Hate that it was the sole reason I bought a Vita. Which admittidly got better after time cause of modding and stuff but still.

GymWolf

Tried the demo for this one, the novelty of flying kinda weared off after a while, also the combat was too semplicistic.

Never even tried the second one because of the infamous shitty stealth sections...but never say never, i kinda liked the combat concept...

Last edited:

emivita

I agree that Gravity Rush 2 is a better game overall (better plot, better OST, and lunar/jupiter styles are just awesome), but GR1 on Vita had its own charm, it was like Vita and the game itself were in symbiosis.
Sometimes I come back to GR2 just to roam around with the music like in the above video. And you know what's curious? I'm an avid lucid dreamer and flying is one is of my most favourite activities in lucid dreams, and I'm so thankful to this game because I learnt to "fly" with infinitely better results by focusing on gravity, just like Kat. I can guarantee it's a marvelous experience.

Heimdall_Xtreme

I agree that Gravity Rush 2 is a better game overall (better plot, better OST, and lunar/jupiter styles are just awesome), but GR1 on Vita had its own charm, it was like Vita and the game itself were in symbiosis.
Sometimes I come back to GR2 just to roam around with the music like in the above video. And you know what's curious? I'm an avid lucid dreamer and flying is one is of my most favourite activities in lucid dreams, and I'm so thankful to this game because I learnt to "fly" with infinitely better results by focusing on gravity, just like Kat. I can guarantee it's a marvelous experience.

If UNESCO saw the cultural contributions or there was an International Library of Videogames, Definitely Gravity rush is artistic and humanistic heritage, which should be preserved for future generations.

It has a lot of art symbolism and it connects a lot with people.

The magic of video games exists and it is thanks to Kat and Keiichiro Toyama.

bender

What time is it?
I didn't follow my own advice and bought this gain. 3rd time wasn't the charm. I want to love this game but just can't.

dog-floating.gif

Top Bottom