• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grasshopper Manufacturer in talks with Marvelous to bring earlier No More Heroes titles to new platforms

Mista

Banned
4962484829_538815a7e7_b.jpg

Dengeki PlayStation recently interviewed Grasshopper Manufacture president and CEO Goichi “Suda 51” Suda on the upcoming PlayStation 4 version of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, who shared two interesting tidbits at the end of the talk.

Here are the tidbits:
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is the first No More Heroes game on a PlayStation platform since No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise. Are there any plans to make previous entries playable on PlayStation 4?

Suda:
“Yes. We’re currently in talks with Marvelous to make that happen. It’s in positive consideration, so I hope we’ll be able to make a good announcement.”

Finally, is there anything you’d like to say for fans looking forward to the PlayStation 4 version of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes?
Suda:
“The PlayStation 4 version is the Complete Edition with all the downloadable content included. There will also be original collaboration t-shirts exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version, so be sure to play it!”

TSA-NMH-Mappy_07-30-19.jpg

Suda said as recently as E3 2019 in June that he would like to re-release the earlier No More Heroes titles for Switch, and that he planned to talk with No More Heroes IP holder Marvelous about the possibility of it happening, but this is the first mention of a potential port to a platform other than Switch.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is available now for Switch, and Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC on October 17 in Japan. A western release date has yet to be announced.

The latest entry in the series, No More Heroes III, is due out for Switch in 2020.
Gematsu

Andyliini

It would be logical to release these before No More Heroes 3 hits next year, as it has been a while since the games originally released on Wii.

The Snake

It would be logical to release these before No More Heroes 3 hits next year, as it has been a while since the games originally released on Wii.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people mentioning that they don't have a reasonable way to play the first two before the third one comes out.

I'd gladly buy them again on Switch or something.

Yeah, I'm not feeling it.
Porting titles like The Silver Case, killer7 and FS&R (it's coming, right?) to new platforms makes sense but NMH1-2 are heavily dependent on the Wii remote so porting them to new systems would require GhM, or whoever other company will handle the ports, to revise the combat system and I doubt Marvelous is interested in putting that much money is this project.
That said they could just port 'em to new systems in a Heroes' Paradise way but that would be sucky.

Fantastic, NMH1-2 on the joycons would work perfectly with motion controls for the saber re-charging and wrestling move finishers, so here's hoping for a Switch double pack or something!

Last edited:
Top Bottom