• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphically Impressive PS4 Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Even though the PS4 is several years old now, some games that released for the Sony Playstation 4 home console console are still graphically impressive to this day! Join TVGS as we take a look at some gameplay of the best looking and visually impressive PS4 games the system ever received!

Spider-man, GT sport, MGSV, Horizon, Death stranding, Uncharted 4, TLOU2, RDR2, FF7R, Ghost of tsushima

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Great list. The only two I'd include to it are Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son, especially since they both came out within launch window already showcasing amazing graphics. There were moments where The Order: 1886 wow'ed me too.

2b5642ca040079f4ca913736998ce2b9.gif

LL

dcfinalrain9_2_by_vspectra-d89b7jw.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Also, have to say it's bold of the video to include MGSV but honestly I agree with the choice.

Tschumi

Man,i was thinking about these things re: ps3 titles, let alone ps4.. gt6, beyond Two souls, ffxiii part 2, persona 5, heck even mgs4 looks good - though the models and materials are decidedly late-00s

Yoboman

Shadow of the Colossus remake is the most underrated game in these discussions. It is elite tier with its high quality textures and volumetric lighting that most PS4 games don’t come near (including most of the games in that list), plus building off an already great animation system and scale of the visuals. It also has a 60 FPS mode

I loaded it up for the first time on PS5 and was shocked by how little I had heard about how good it looks

Kilau

Gold Member
Driveclub still has the best weather effects on the windscreen. I play a lot of FH4 lately and the water always seems lacking, of course it's a totally different style of racer. Need to check out Dirt 5 rain still.

MrA

Banned
Shadow of the Colossus remake is the most underrated game in these discussions. It is elite tier with its high quality textures and volumetric lighting that most PS4 games don’t come near (including most of the games in that list), plus building off an already great animation system and scale of the visuals. It also has a 60 FPS mode

I loaded it up for the first time on PS5 and was shocked by how little I had heard about how good it looks
plus it looks cool

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

I honestly would like to see how Ico would look with this treatment, but doing their best to keep the original's shading/lighting effects.

Launch game as well that held up the entire generation! Astounding.
The games reception is mixed but a lot of later games don't look as good.

Same with Ryse on the rival platform.

It seemed like there was a major attempt to look as good as possible at launch in spite of the week Jaguar apu.

skit_data

I’ve seen a couple of gifs of it floating around on twitter the last few days and at times it does look photorealistic.

82SZcJy.gif

Too shame on Evolution Studios, I don’t understand why Sony shut them down

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Detroit Become Human hugely impressed me visually. Many games looked amazing like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider Man. But I guess the crown has to go to The Last of Us Part 2 imo, the physics, textures and graphics were just on another level to anything else I've seen.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Resident Evil 3 Remake

After playing the intro after reinstalling it since launch because I'm very close to platting it I'm once again taken by how impressed i am for it's graphics (rather it's overall visual presentation) it's so fucking pretty!! <3

CAPCOM

romance stroking GIF

Last edited:
Also, have to say it's bold of the video to include MGSV but honestly I agree with the choice.
Indeed. MGSV might not be the most graphical powerhouse in stills but as an open-world (almost locked) 60fps game (with tons of AI and systems) it's technically the most impressive game on PS4 (and XB1). And anyways in motion it's also one of the most graphically impressive game, beating all the others 30fps game that will all look like shit when in motion.

Last edited:
Great list. The only two I'd include to it are Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son, especially since they both came out within launch window already showcasing amazing graphics. There were moments where The Order: 1886 wow'ed me too.

2b5642ca040079f4ca913736998ce2b9.gif

LL

dcfinalrain9_2_by_vspectra-d89b7jw.gif
I really want to see a PS5 inFamous game.

Top Bottom