• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Title Update Notes 1.03

this is a start. besides bugs and texture issues. The HDR seems to be broken. Some NPCs new faces look worse. The aiming is somehow worse than the originals. Performance wasn't smooth. And they killed the socal vibe, color palette.

if those things got fixed i would really play this again

But it's fixed.
Why still be angry?
Since patches have been a thing it's been this way for well over a decade now.
I dunno about you, but I would've prefered if it didn't need to be fixed in the first place.

EDIT: you know what, after some further consideration, I concede. If you enjoy these games then I have no reason to question that.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
They fixed the shirts so that's a start

5heval9rxr281.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well, that’s on the platform holders. This industry is an embarrassment in quality control.
No, quality control is fine. Trust me, I am very confident QA’s reported each and every one of those bugs. Three of the 5 QA’s I manage (ok, one I do not manage anymore 😂, but he was rightfully promoted :)) come from the AAA game industry and they would never miss these things.

It is very likely that someone told them “we must ship the MVP, submit submit submit!!!” and ignored them.

Last edited:

intbal

It woudnt surprise me if the game didn't support multi-threading
I don't know if I'd accept that as a valid excuse.
It's still the same game world with the same behaviors. It just has a new layer of GPU paint over the top of it. The CPU load shouldn't be dramatically different from the original games.
The originals ran at 30fps on a 733mhz x86 Pentium with half its cache disabled. The slowest jaguar core is still twice that speed. Also x86 with way more cache and tightly coupled to the GPU.
Even if the game only ran on a single core, they'd still have to mess it up pretty badly to not run every version over 30fps, imo.

YCoCg

Is there going to be a thread every week for this game? No wonder Rockstar let this out of the gate in this state, people will still promote it. As for the size of the list of fixes, it's still a fraction of the bugs fixed!

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
honestly I'm not interested unless they remake the games in a new engine, with modern controls that match GTA V. I plunked down $60 with that assumption. Rockstar lost a lot of trust.

Vagswarm

I'm guessing the massive success of Cyberpunk blew the door wide open for unfinished releases -- even worse than before.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
GTANet have been sucking this games dick since day one, they tried to downplay how broken it was and now praise these patches as Rockstar caring and standing up for the community.
Rockstar are trying their best to fix this mess and are doing it pretty quickly.
Why do you guys lack forgiveness?
You all just want blood.

YCoCg

Rockstar are trying their best to fix this mess and are doing it pretty quickly.
Why do you guys lack forgiveness?
You all just want blood.
It shouldn't have been released in this state to begin with so forgive me for not wanting to praise Rockstar for being "caring and loving" us for fixing their shit.

recursive

I dunno about you, but I would've prefered if it didn't need to be fixed in the first place.

EDIT: you know what, after some further consideration, I concede. If you enjoy these games then I have no reason to question that.
You don't have to concede. Nothing wrong with having standards.

Top Bottom