• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Physical Releases have been delayed

R6Rider

Gold Member
Already decided I'm not buying these. Might play years down the road when they inevitably end up free on some platform.

Thief1987

Why physical release was delayed in the first place? Like they are some indie dev without access to manufacturers and global retail.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I wonder how many executives have yelled at the Grove Street Games development team. I bet their celebration has turned into a real dumpster fire. And I think they should have culpability, but Rockstar let their quality control team tell them what was done was good enough. The Rockstar internal team has a lot of blame too. I wonder what the budget was too. Did GSG say they could do more with X and then could do what was released with Y dollars and Rockstar go with the Y dollar option.

There is a ton of internal development stuff I would love to be privy on with this game. I think GSG deserves the criticism but they have been hung out to dry by their publisher.

Saucy Papi

Why physical release was delayed in the first place? Like they are some indie dev without access to manufacturers and global retail.
To maximize revenue by having 100% digital sales. No cut given to brick and mortar retailers and no secondhand sales.

cormack12

Gold Member
Must have been tougher than we thought to fit all those bugs on a standard blu ray. Springing for BDXL would hurt the bottom line too much.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Frustrated World Cup GIF

hemo memo

Gold Member
Profit as digital price doesn’t change but physical does fast. It all goes back to greed from the digital first release to 60$ to the shit show dev. What a colossal screw up.

Shane89

better than Cyberjunk 2077, where the dev philosophy was, "who care about the customers, just release this POS and enjoy the money"

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Most people will have to also track down a working Xbox. That's a lot of effort just for these games.

Well .. shit .. I was gonna say they should be BC on newer Xboxes but then saw this:

Saves won't transfer and Original Disc owners upgrades to 360 version.[49]

If you stick the disc in, you'll download the shitty mobile based 360 version ..not the original version.

That fucking blows.

Top Bottom