• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Definitive Trilogy Reveal Trailer

Wonder If they adjusted two major issues I've had with GTA III.

After one mission where you kill a certain person you can't even drive arround in one district because you get one shot killed in the car. The italians instant kill you with the shotgun and your car explodes every time. This was annoying as fuck.
Only way to drive arround the districts is when you finish the last Donald Love mission where you get the armored vehicle.

The other issue I've had was one of the last rempage mission where you have to kill certain gang members. The problem after you kill a few gang members there never appear enough gang member to finish the mission.

dotnotbot

This looks like an alternate version more than a "definite edition". Wonder how much got censored.

Is this why Houser bailed or is that garbage yet to come in GTA6?
Doubt, this is not made by Rockstar.

Back in 2015, the same studio released awful looking bugged San Andreas remaster. Then, 3 years later RDR2 came out and it was an amazing game with unprecedented level of details and polish (except the PC version at launch lol).

Maybe I'm delussional but I don't think that those changes we see in the "definitive" editions will necessarily affect GTA 6.

And Sam Houser is still in btw.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

If you look at just the facial expressions in the thumbnail above, the old versions of characters display confidence while the new versions of characters display cluelessness.

You are right man

Something is off with these guys face in the remake esp the characters in GTA 3

The original look full of confidence yet the definitive edition look like a confused man

Last edited:
The character models a bit hit and miss I would say. If you look at this screenshot of Sweet below he's a lot more detailed and looks great.

Really impressed with the lighting changes mostly. Unreal Engine has made a huge difference to these games.

pu40Wbe60X3V9JX1VcsMsqbWDwP34T9T7uMM8vYDKuo.jpg

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Wonder what modders on PC will be able to do with these as a base.

Also, why did they make the main character in vice city indian now? Isn't he supposed to be an italian greaseball? (I havent played the game but thats what i've gathered over the years)

The character art style is just trying to mimic Fortnite to pick-up a lot of players from Generation Z the same way a lot of people here were hooked on playing GTA III, VC, SA when they were under 17.

If you want to play the GTA 3D games again you won't really care about the art style or even notice until after you've bought it. If you haven't played them before you're more likely to try and get mom to buy it for christmas.

mckmas8808

Banned
I mean, I know why they did it. But we could have gotten so much more. Especially with the Unreal Engine scalability.

Look at the laziness with the GTAV "upgrade" on the PS5, etc., and lack of any RDR2 upgrading on next gen consoles.

The bolded is still confusing to me. It's as if Rockstar doesn't love money or something.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The bolded is still confusing to me. It's as if Rockstar doesn't love money or something.
I'm hoping it's in the works. 4K/60 with higher rez textures and lighting/shadows similar to the PC version at the very least. Fingers crossed since I don't play online with the PC version since it's hacker and cheater heaven.

Last edited:
This fucking sucks. On one hand, I don’t have the ps2 originals anymore. On the other, I want to play GTA again without bad controls and mission structure. 60 bucks for what’s on offer here is fairly steep, especially when you consider the censorship and the bland-ish graphics. I kinda half expected them to just uprezz the games and call it a day. Instead, they neutered the look completely. Then, the physical edition comes out what, a month later? I want to play but my first thought was/is:

0YlQsXl.gif

This fucking sucks. On one hand, I don’t have the ps2 originals anymore. On the other, I want to play GTA again without bad controls and mission structure. 60 bucks for what’s on offer here is fairly steep, especially when you consider the censorship and the bland-ish graphics. I kinda half expected them to just uprezz the games and call it a day. Instead, they neutered the look completely. Then, the physical edition comes out what, a month later? I want to play but my first thought was/is:

0YlQsXl.gif
Buy a used copy then. Problem solved and no money for Rockstar and Take 2 from your side.🤷🏼‍♂️

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Grand Theft Auto 5 is showing no signs of slowing down, and who knows how many years we'll have to wait for GTA 6, but for those who're on the lookout for some more GTA content, conveniently enough, there's some interesting stuff coming up. After having announced Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition recently, Rockstar has now also shown off what the remasters will look like and provided details on various improvements, enhancements, and changes.

Brought over into Unreal Engine by Grove Street Games (who've been responsible for a number of GTA mobile ports), the three remasters are clearly making some notable changes, and there's quite a bit to talk about here. As such, here, we're going to go over a few key details they've revealed about it so far.

kiphalfton

The character models a bit hit and miss I would say. If you look at this screenshot of Sweet below he's a lot more detailed and looks great.

Really impressed with the lighting changes mostly. Unreal Engine has made a huge difference to these games.

pu40Wbe60X3V9JX1VcsMsqbWDwP34T9T7uMM8vYDKuo.jpg

Yeah totally. Looks like the cutscenes in PS1 games. Truly amazing stuff we're bearing witness to.

Not really. The characters don't even reach last last gen quality.(GTAV ps3)

This has nothing to do with 60fps.

When you realize that GTA IV and GTA V are PS3 games, and still look better than this, you have to seriously ask yourself "does this even look like a PS3 game".

I myself had previously thought it looks like a PS3 game, but now I honestly think it just looks like an up-res'd PS2 game with improved textures.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Grand Theft Auto Vice City is returning soon via the GTA Trilogy: The Definitive Edition. Here's what you need to know about the legendary game before jumping in.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It will be interesting to try and gauge if SA being on Game Pass gives people a reason to go and buy the trilogy. There's a lot of skepticism so if the most liked title in the series can land well it might actually lead to a lot more purchases. I'm sure there is some sort of clause about this in the contract because there will be an upgrade button in the game I'm sure.
I was all set to buy the trilogy, but being a gamepass subscriber im going to play SA first. It would be nice if theres some kind of discount on the trilogy with gamepass or gold.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So is there a specific PS5 digital Version Or is it just the PS4 version Emulated ?
No official word yet but it's looking like the latter, as there's currently no physical PS5 version up for pre order. Which would mean it gets some performance benefits when played on the PS5 but without a specific PS5 version, like The Last of Us 2, Days Gone etc.

Not sure why Amazon has the wrong date though considering every other retailer here in Canada has it listed as releasing on December 7th.

Last edited:
No official word yet but it's looking like the latter, as there's currently no physical PS5 version up for pre order. Which would mean it gets some performance benefits when played on the PS5 but without a specific PS5 version, like The Last of Us 2, Days Gone etc.

Not sure why Amazon has the wrong date though considering every other retailer here in Canada has it listed as releasing on December 7th.
the Local Eb games here has it listed as the 11th of November ... this is all contrary to what Rockstar Said ....

MAX PAYMENT

The bullet points Rockstar put out are a bit cryptic. Should we expect any gameplay improvements, or just an altered control scheme?

Kacho

Gold Member
The bullet points Rockstar put out are a bit cryptic. Should we expect any gameplay improvements, or just an altered control scheme?
I believe it’s the latter. GTA 3 and Vice City will still be jank as hell. Can’t wait to see the highly detailed Claude model running like a robot.

Sephimoth

I can't wait for the lists of cuts. I've got my popcorn ready, and I'm waiting for the crash and burn. Whether it sells or not is irrelevant to me.
Which will no doubt appear a day before to maximize pre-orders. Hoping they do us right though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom