• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Definitive Trilogy Reveal Trailer

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve got a lot of awesome memories with these games, so I’ll be getting it. It’s maybe 1 or 2 series I talked about at school that wasn’t very niche. The price is a bit high considering how much they’re making from GTAV to this day. How much will GTAVI cost to make? I’d imagine more than 200 million? It’s like a 5th time dip for me. PS2, PC, PS4, and iPhone.

Barakov

Gold Member
Much better than I was expecting. If I pick it up it will be for the physical edition. At $40 this is a instant buy but since it's $60 it may not be worth it for some people.

RaptorGTA

I am not sure what I was hoping for, some parts look good, others do not. Cool to have all them and would be nice to have on the go with the Switch..but honestly Id rather have GTA5 on the switch.

I will likely wait till it drops down to $40 or less.

NaX7poC.gif

kiphalfton

I think there's a decent enough base, that mods could potentially save this cursed game. For environments at least.

Unfortunately there may not be much that can be done to make character models look less derpy.

kiphalfton

OQVA8XTh.png
foMPTlah.png

Yikes, do they really want that cartoon style on the characters?

Rest is pretty good.

Went from looking like a PS2 game to a PS3 game. Good job Rockstar.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, it's amazing that just in this image alone it looks like the scene lost half of it's atmosphere/emotion. Can't say I'm surprised given the cartoony/shiny look.

RPS37

I’m thinking I have no inclination to play this.
I think I will just continue RDR2 on my XSX.

Stuart360

lol probably as good as we were going to get as i was thinking the old games at 60fps and higher resolution.

GTA 5 level graphics was always a pipedream.

Last edited:

Kikorin

No way I'm going to spend 60€ on this, but looks better than expected and with gameplay improvements I'll love to go back into Vice City when I'll find it cheaper (probably in about 10yrs).

Not as good as I had hoped for, but better than what I expected.

Still gonna hold out until I see some non-journalist reviews. If controls are at least on par with GTAV and they don't go balls-out nuts with censoring shit to appease the blue-haired Twitter mob, I might drop 60 on it.

dotnotbot

I don't know if it was brought up here yet, but Grove Street Studios that made this is just renamed War Drum Studios responsible for the previous mobile versions including the infamous San Andreas remaster.

Vick

Looks or more less like i was expecting. Honestly dig the look, and that "O Mio Babbino Caro" remix legit made my hyped as fuck!

Let's hope for a minimal amount of censoring, truly improved controls and ALL of these kind of issues sorted:

Everyone keeps saying that but the Mafia remake was a bit shit. It never captured what made the original brilliant on the PC..

Mainly because it felt consolised.
Jd8BMDo.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
OQVA8XTh.png
foMPTlah.png

Yikes, do they really want that cartoon style on the characters?

Rest is pretty good.

Why do people think higher geometry and more accurate lighting = cartoony.

The only critique that is legit is that color and source of the light is different. The remake is far warmer and looks to be come from an indoor light, which is actually more realistic then the cool blue light in the original.

amigastar

I'm hoping for improved ragdoll and shooting mechanics. Maybe some tweaked driving physics.
If they manage to do it right I don't need super high end graphics just more enjoyable and fresh controls and gameplay.

Last edited:
Yeah same here! However, £55 is quite steep tbh. £35 would have been a sweet spot for me!

Wait about a month and get it for like £35 off ebay. That's what I'm going to do. EBay is the best place to get games cheaper as quickly as possible.

Also, I'm excited for these remasters as I haven't played the PS2 trilogy since their original release so long ago. I barely remember much of 3 and vice city.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Looks or more less like i was expecting. Honestly dig the look, and that "O Mio Babbino Caro" remix legit made my hyped as fuck!

Let's hope for a minimal amount of censoring, truly improved controls and ALL of these kind of issues sorted:

Jd8BMDo.gif

You either get it, or you dont. It's fine if you dont.

Gamerguy84

So R* gave up huh. Just going to keep making 1 through 5. I guess they figure after 5 they could never top it, plus it's still selling.

Not to mention the guy responsible for the over the top stuff is gone.

Top Bottom