• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty Visual - Early Access Graphics Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

*Road and tree textures not included, provided by RevIVe. The trailer was made using an Early Access version of the mod, no extra processing added.
Liberty Visual is a WIP global overhaul for GTA IV aimed at bringing natural and almost photorealistic visuals to the game's graphics. The mod completely reworks vanilla timecycle as well as textures and assets without any harm to the game lore.

Notabueno

Banned
Looks more realistic in the light tone, except sun/day light which looks vapid, especially in the age of RT.

But what made me shuckle is how 10x better than Cyberpunk the crowding and immersion is.

AGRacing

Gold Member
Wow... the road level "car driving by" camera cuts made me sick to my stomach. That's never happened to me before.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I hate to jump on the negativity bandwagon, but I wasn't exactly blown away. The upscaled textures were nice as you'd expect from ESRGAN and similar tech, but the lighting changes weren't major and the editing was so ambitious that it forgot to linger on the comparisons so that we can actually see changes properly.

Just looks like any half decent timecyc +/ ENB from the last 10 years. Which is to say that while it looks nice it doesn't really look like GTA4 anymore...and for that reason, I'm out.

Larxia

What's up with the shaking camera?

Also, it doesn't look particularly good imo. Definitely not as impressive as this from 2013 (although it's not 100% fair since this ENB is also unperfect, as it's difficult to get a result as good all the time depending on the time of day, lighting etc... but this new mod might have the same issue too so...) :

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Don't like it at all. Characters with their original animations look out of place. Whole thing in motion feels somehow weird and unnatural. It just doesn't work together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom