• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Relink Devs Discuss Development Progress | Have Ideas For More Granblue Games

Mista

Banned
Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-1-2.jpg

Today’s issue of Weekly Famitsu included an interview about Granblue Fantasy with producer Yuito Kimura and director Tetsuya Fukuhara, who talked about the progress of Granblue Fantasy Relink and more.

Yuito Kimura mentioned that development is moving on quietly. While he can’t provide specific details, the game has progressed to the point that it’s fun to play, and if development keeps proceeding as smoothly as it is now, he feels that the team will be able to deliver a game that will please the fans.

He also confirmed that Cygames has a set goal for a release window internally.

The two developers were also asking if there could be more games in the future using the Granblue IP.

Yuito Kimura mentioned that there are some games that they want to make, so hopefully it’ll happen at some point.

Tetsuya Fukuhara also confirmed that he has some ideas, but despite the fact that Granblue Fantasy Versus has been released, development of updates and DLC will continue for a while. On top of that, there’s the development of Relink, so he would like to focus on those two first.

Yuito Kimura added that Relink isn’t an easy game to develop, so there isn’t much that can be done in parallel with it. That being said, he’d like to work on a casual game for the franchise.

saintjules

Been interested in this game based on the earlier clips. Versus looks nice but I haven't played a fighting game seriously in quite some time.

sublimit

Banned
I wasn't interested in Versus but i can't wait for Relink. Hopefully it will not take much longer to finish it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just hope it sells well in the west. It still feels like the franchise isn’t talked about a whole lot. The footage from Relink looks like a lot of fun. It reminds me of the vibes Level-5 use to give off.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm actually more inclined to knowing when this gonna arrive.

Could use more gameplay videos though. I'm slowly losing interest in this game.

mejin

source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/gra...granblue-fantasy-fes-2020-release-date-teased

Cygames will share the latest information on Granblue Fantasy: Relink at Granblue Fantasy Fes 2020, which will run from December 11 to 13, director Tetsuya Fukuhara said during the “Granblue Fantasy Summer 2020 Special” live stream.

“Development is going well,” Fukuhara said.

The following slide was shown, which teases Granblue Fantasy Festival 2020 as the place where a release date for the long-in-development action RPG will be announced. According to Fukuhara, the image is an in-game screenshot.

Granblue-Fantasy-Relink_Slide_08-08-20_001.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fucking shit delayed again. Fuck you.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Was looking into this game some days ago and couldn’t find anything regarding a release. Now it makes sense.

The game looked promising so lets hope the development really is alright.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/gra...granblue-fantasy-fes-2020-release-date-teased

Cygames will share the latest information on Granblue Fantasy: Relink at Granblue Fantasy Fes 2020, which will run from December 11 to 13, director Tetsuya Fukuhara said during the “Granblue Fantasy Summer 2020 Special” live stream.

“Development is going well,” Fukuhara said.

The following slide was shown, which teases Granblue Fantasy Festival 2020 as the place where a release date for the long-in-development action RPG will be announced. According to Fukuhara, the image is an in-game screenshot.

Granblue-Fantasy-Relink_Slide_08-08-20_001.jpg
ZanyPettyCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

Klayzer

I was hoping against hope, we would be playing it by the end of the year. I guess not. Cry Games, you had one job to do this year, and you failed me for the last time. Oh well, I guess Genshin and Cold Steel 4 will be my end of the year jrpg fix.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I was hoping against hope, we would be playing it by the end of the year. I guess not. Cry Games, you had one job to do this year, and you failed me for the last time. Oh well, I guess Genshin and Cold Steel 4 will be my end of the year jrpg fix.
For me I still have 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim and Bravely 2 to look forward for this year. But god damn, just like Tales of Arise I was looking forward to play this game this year.

Last edited:

Klayzer

For me I still have 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim and Bravely 2 to look forward for this year. But god damn, but just like Tales of Arise I was looking forward to play this game this year.
Totally forgot about 13 and Bravely 2. Well that's four to look forward to at the end of the year. Legit bummed about Arise as well. Next year is going to destroy for jrpg fans.... It better

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
It's taken them 25 years and firing several studios and ive seen 0 hype or discussion about their rpg or their fighting game which im not even sure if it's out yet. Good to hear they can at least have some ideas though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm ok with it being delayed, I just look forward to it being super fun and having lots to do whenever they finally do release it.

Klayzer

I love Japanese games, but they are the worst with these serialized announcements of an announcement. Stay tuned to the next announcement. I feel like I'm watching an episode of DBZ or Inyuyasha.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
At least Cygames give us gameplay footage, Atlus give us three SMTV trailer with zero gameplay.

843922i9916ADEB043FABAC
And that is out in 2021. They already took out the female mc in favor of "???". Which sucks, would have been the first SMT mainline game ever with a female protagonist. (nine?)

Hype

Danjin44

And that is out in 2021. They already took out the female mc in favor of "???". Which sucks, would have been the first SMT mainline game ever with a female protagonist. (nine?)

Hype
I think the female character still in the game and my guess is she is going to be either Law or chaos or they go with Nocturne route and give us “reasons”.

Last edited:

Klayzer

I think the female character still in the game and my guess is she is going to be either Law or chaos or they go with Nocturne route and give us “reasons”.
Drools at those updated Nocturne pics you posted a few days ago. Can't wait to jump back in.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I hope. Would have been cool to play as a woman and not a "??????" whatever it is.

Top Bottom