• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

Bullet Club

Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

Nearly two years after its original launch, a new version of GT Sport becomes available from next Friday.

It goes by the name of “Spec II”, and that should be familiar to long-term Gran Turismo fans. Due to the amount of additional content, Gran Turismo 5 relaunched with a “Spec II” version back in 2011 — with the corresponding versions titled “XL” and “GT Academy Edition” in North America and Europe. It contained a new game version, version 2.00, with all of the DLC to that point all on the disc. GT5 Prologue’s first launch outside Japan was also similarly titled as Spec II.

Like these titles, GT Sport Spec II will contain a whole raft of game updates on the disc — or in the download, if you prefer — to save on a lengthy update process. However there is no new game version to go with it; you’ll simply get GT Sport complete up to the v1.39 update back in May. That means the new version will contain 275 of the game’s 293 cars, and 75 circuits. For newcomers to GT Sport, or those wanting to install the game on a new console, it’ll be something of a blessing.

Spec II also comes with some extra bonuses. Players will get a 2.5 million credit boost to their starting funds, and ten Gr.3 race cars from the top ten manufacturers in the 2018 FIA Online Championship World Final. The bonus cars are:
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
  • Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing)
  • Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
  • Porsche 911 RSR (991)
  • Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
  • Subaru WRX Gr.3
  • Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
The Spec II game version is available in Europe, Japan, and North and South America. It’s available as both a download and a physical disc, with pricing set at roughly $27 (¥2,900) on the Japanese GT site. However, the sites for the Americas make no mention of the disc version of the game at this time.

In addition to Spec II, there’s also a budget “Playstation Hits” version of the base game. That’s available worldwide as disc or download, priced at around $18 (¥1,990) on the Japanese GT site. Prices in other territories aren’t available at the moment.

Source: GT Planet

TTOOLL

It's on version 1.45 already as of today. So yeah, people will have to download updates anyway.

This is, by the way, the only game I've been playing since I got my ps4 pro a month ago. I love it, the quality of the game is something to behold, you can see how much passion PD put into this. I know the game got some hate when launched but I think it' great now. A lot of well-done content.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
This is good for people with weak or metered Internet connections. Redownloading 100gigs can be a pain in the ass.

Disappointing news (so far at least) in terms of celebrating game's 2nd anniversary. I was hoping for Spa to be in the next big news.

Last edited:

emmerrei

Does the game still require an online connection to work, or the always online thing got removed with the time? Because this is a good change to release a disc who can be used also when the server of the game are going to be shutted down.

Birdo

Banned
What about the credits and extra cars?

They will probably be available to you down the line. But they are currently being used as an incentive for new owners.

This is aimed at people who don't yet own GT Sport. So many people are missing this. If you already own GT sport, just move along.

ethomaz

Banned
What about the credits and extra cars?
These cars are already available in the game but you need to buy it with ingame credits.
For exemple the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) costs 450,000 Credits.

They will probably be available to you down the line. But they are currently being used as an incentive for new owners.

This is aimed at people who don't yet own GT Sport. So many people are missing this. If you already own GT sport, just move along.
The cars are already ingame.

The bonus cars means you don't need to buy them with ingame credits if you bought the Spec II version.
You easy win credits winning races in GTS (actually you just need to finish the race... you don't need to win but win give you more).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I was just looking on the Brand Central for these cars.

I looked almost all of them and they cost 450,000 Credits :D
To get all them you will need 4,500,000 credits.

Playing 30 minutes per day (enough to get the Daily Gift) I can get 1,000,000 credits in few days.

Last edited:

scalman

so all those 1.46 update owners allready get that Spec II ? wish they add some extra bonus on disc to make it something more special
they way i allways did pics in photo mode is to not take picture with photo mode but just adjust camera nngles in games photo mode and then press PS4 share button and quick share picture . but now i did that and why its so dark , it wasnt so much dark in game, but looks cool too. its more work to use real photo mode capture and then go to library just to share pics
EGLt1tvWkAAwpMh

that WRX works so well with handbrake on normal tires on wet track, its fun to control it from slide

those impossible to buy cars sometime comes as nice surprise ... moment when i got this as gift
DUfg9LpXUAAMkgl

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
These cars are already available in the game but you need to buy it with ingame credits.
For exemple the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) costs 450,000 Credits.

Or win them from "wheelspins", once you're done with the challenges (which are a good tutorial to get better at the game) you'll have at least a couple of Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars in your garage.

It's a good bonus though for people looking for "time savers". ;)

Last edited:

JAMes-BroWWWn

Neo Member
Wow the on-going support is really impressive.
But I kind of wonder how much man-power it took to make this happen.

I have a bet to win with a prediction that Polyphony Digital is one of three In-House Sony studios having a game as launch line-up for the PS5.

But seeing so many updates to GT Sport definitely requires a bunch of devs from the studio.

Nevertheless, respectable work.
GT Sport has been out for 2 years and is still being supported.

I think that might be one of the few good examples of GAAS.

TTOOLL

Posting again to say that the game is great, really well-done but I can't win for shit in Sport Mode. My SR is S but my DR is D and won't go up for shit. I've improved my times but the game puts me against people that are 5 seconds faster than me in a lap. That's two years in racing. In Mount Panorama this week I've gove from 1:27 to 1:22 and now 1:17. Guys are making 1:12 now. So frustrating.

DemeKnobb

Neo Member
Wow the on-going support is really impressive.
But I kind of wonder how much man-power it took to make this happen.

I have a bet to win with a prediction that Polyphony Digital is one of three In-House Sony studios having a game as launch line-up for the PS5.

But seeing so many updates to GT Sport definitely requires a bunch of devs from the studio.

Nevertheless, respectable work.
GT Sport has been out for 2 years and is still being supported.

I think that might be one of the few good examples of GAAS.
I wouldn't say its that impressive, it's now approached what most people would call a full game 6 years after GT6

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Just got the game and I've been playing around... But can you not customize the hardware in the car? Seriously can't figure it out

ethomaz

Banned
Just got the game and I've been playing around... But can you not customize the hardware in the car? Seriously can't figure it out
You can tune like before but instead a hardware upgrade part you have a level upgrade now... so you can boost your hp and increase/decrease your weight like before.

And you have all the fine tuning opened since beginning without need to buy a new part... so you can tune suspension, transmission, etc like before without need to buy a part that allow that.

Trogdor1123

You can tune like before but instead a hardware upgrade part you have a level upgrade now... so you can boost your hp and increase/decrease your weight like before.

And you have all the fine tuning opened since beginning without need to buy a new part... so you can tune suspension, transmission, etc like before without need to buy a part that allow that.
Thanks, I found it now.

Top Bottom