• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Will Be More Like Classic GT Titles, Says Kazunori Yamauchi

Celcius

°Temp. member
This is the main reason why I bought my PS5. Hopefully this doesn't get delayed but I wouldn't be surprised.

Bryank75

Banned
Cannot wait, particularly curious about the soundtrack and what cars will be included.

Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak please.... also some Muse and other classic music from the franchise.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

GT3 still hold up. Awesome game.

As for racing games, the allure of them disappeared 10 years ago. During I'd say the 1995-2010 era there were a million racing games.

Since then, sales have dropped like a rock, NFS only comes out once every 2-3 years, who knows when Ridge Racer comes out and most people just gravitate to Mario Kart, GT and Forza, with the only one still selling like crazy is Kart.

Not enough innovation or appeal with racing games. It's got to a point there's nothing left to do expect slightly better visuals. Doesn't help it seems every racing game has the same Nurnemburg, Siverstein, La Seguna race tracks (how ever you spell them).

Even some shit that should be allowed in every game like allowing you to import your face so you can make a user created career character or build your own tracks using track parts, trees and building assets etc.... seems too hard to.

Sounds like something easy as hell to allow gamers.

Last edited:

SSfox

Awesome. The only car game that matters.

Can't wait for the come back of the best and most iconic car game franchise of all time.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
This is great news, content for fans of the older entries while retaining the Sport mode from the current game. Something for everyone. :)

Arkam

I am looking forward to a solid career mode. After GT3 A Spec that itch has been scratched by other racing franchises (PGR, Forza, DC). I am ready to come home to where it all started (for me). But they gotta bring it.

I hope they've changed the interface alot. That was the worse part. Using a mouse icon on screen, with a controller. Annoying Sounds when selecting something.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
GT2-3 are my favorites so if GT7 is anything like that, it'll be a classic. But please bring back classic tracks Seattle or some form of it. Also Grand valley speedway, High speed ring and Red rock valley.

Going against the grain here, I'm not happy with this news because I really enjoyed Sport for what it was. The online racing is where it's at and an iracing style system for a console game was desperately needed.

Hopefully there will still be a Sport like online component.

I don't like competing with other humans very much, surely it'd be weird if the online component was really different though surely, don't people (like yourself) really like it? Don't fix whats not broken I say.

I would love to wowed by racing game graphics again, the teaser is a good start certainly, it was really nice.

Sport will be there. Top right corner on the map

gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-31-1200x675.jpg

V4skunk

Banned
Sports was not for me because of this reason.

I mean, the always online stuff.
What do you mean always online?
The log in bonus for the store and extra money for mileage driven?
I don't understand.

GT6 is the best in the series so far, its just that no one purchased it because it came out after ps4.

Last edited:

Aenima

I havent played a gt game since 5. Is sport a good time still? And does it have any ps5 enhancements?
GT Sport is great. But dosent have a proper career mode like the old GTs. It was created around the online which is the best experience i had in a online racing game, and they added alot of single player content as well but dosent feel the same without a proper career mode.

I dont think thers any PS5 enhancements.

Fake

What do you mean always online?
The log in bonus for the store and extra money for mileage driven?
I don't understand.

GT6 is the best in the series so far, its just that no one purchased it because it came out after ps4.

You talking about GT Sports? Was always Online as far as I remember. IDK the state today, but when I played was require internet conection.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
I would like them to do what Microsoft does with Horizon but mix it up and make it unique. It would be interesting to see that happen.

Last GT game I played was GT5, managed to get the Special Edition at launch during my brief stay in Singapore back then. such a glorious game it was on the PS3. It had lofty ambitions (1000 something cars, 200 premium and 800 standard), the core game was so damn good. Missed GT6 because it wasn't backwards compatible with PS4. Skipped GT Sport :(. Can't wait to get my hands on GT7 on PS5!

scalman

Sorry,I'm ignorant,but what is the difference between sport and 7?
Gt7 is not out yet , not even in gameplay trailer state.

For GT7 returning to itd roots thats good thing as i bought gts day one and played only arcade races nothing online was still worth it to buy but got kinda boring with time for that reason.
I liked gt psp way of garage managing and races that where adapted to your car , but sure i want good old buy cars sell cars stuff, used cars, events for money win events to win cars then sell them to buy other cars and such, oil change ...all that would be cool to have but there should be more new stuff as well, next gen AI drivers , next gen car handling, next gen tire physics and cars that feel more power, as in gts 250hp car just feels slow and secure on any corner drives more like on rails and that should not be that way. Even 100hp car can launch fast and be fast from corners if using lower gear, because we have at least one other similar racing game we can compare that to.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Kylie you couldn't get a PS5 yet?
Nope I've had 2 in my cart online and both times I tried to buy it said out of stock.

I waited an hour last week in a queue on Sony's website store and when it said "1 minute wait remaining" it changed to "sold out." lol

eventually in the next few months I'll get PS5 DE. I guess its my fault for missing the preorders that went live right after the june showcase.

sublimit

Banned
Driving through the Japanese countryside would be nice.
II would love some drifting races in Japanese mountains (Initial D style) as well some more casual ones where you can just casually admire the landscapes. But like i said in other GT threads they really need to finally put more effort in their environment assets. GTSports environments looked bad when compared to its cars (although the urban ones looked much better).

But it;s interesting that Yamauchi said in this interview:
“I myself grew up as a car enthusiast surrounded by the influence of Japanese automobile manufacturers and the transmission of automobile media,” comments Yamauchi, “and that is also the driving force behind my production. Although the title has been played worldwide, I have never forgotten that it originated in Japan, and now I feel the responsibility and mission of inheriting the Japanese automobile culture.”

I really don't know what this could mean for GT7 but he seems to want to bring back something of its Japanese origins. Maybe this means more Japanese cars or (hopefully) more tracks in Japanese environments.

Last edited:
Nope I've had 2 in my cart online and both times I tried to buy it said out of stock.

I waited an hour last week in a queue on Sony's website store and when it said "1 minute wait remaining" it changed to "sold out." lol

eventually in the next few months I'll get PS5 DE. I guess its my fault for missing the preorders that went live right after the june showcase.

😐😣

Top Bottom