• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 to only support Ray tracing in Replays

I didn't even mention about Forza sales data because Sony and Microsoft are reluctant to show their sales numbers for some PR reasons.
Ok. Still I remember there was some official numbers for the whole series total sales. Might look into that. Even still, Forza Horizon is an arcade racer GT is a racing simulator, it compares more fairly against FM, and by the total number of players engaged I don't see the GT franchise being any less popular even when the other one has 2 different series and for a good number of years is also available on PC.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Boring...slow? Have you ever seen a race on tv...like DTM or something? These are not F1 cars. Even those look "slow" from different camera point, but from in the car it it's totally different.

Jep boring and slow...same as real races:

The camera in GT Sport follows the car most of the time. That's different like the fixed cameras in this video. There is also a difference between playing offline or online against other players.

Forza Motorsports is not bigger then GT Sports. Last Motorsports game released in 2017 and it really the least popular Motorsports game, so not it's not crazy..it's a fact that GT Sports is way more popular then MotorSports. Horizon didn't help the Motorsports franchise to be more popular, in fact, it made people almost forgot that they also released another game with the Forza name in it.

You can't really come with the excuse because of Horizon, not really comparable with GT Sports. Why not compare Horizon also with other sim races? Why only with GT Sports?

Yep, that looks boring and slow, too. At least they captured the sense of realism.

10 million players. And how many times has it been given away for free weekends? to inflate the player base number? Lmao. Talk about sales.

No sales data. So everyone here is just talking out of the ass about popularity. It shouldn't even be compared to GT Simulation game in the first place, but I guess Forza Motorsport is dead. And I don't see how data for FH3 is relevant to the current state of the Forza Franchise. It'd be like showing GT5 sold over 11 million (which it did and still people on forums have this notion it was dethroned by Forza MS somehow) as if that somehow tells the story of the current state of that franchise.

Last edited:

oldergamer

No sales data. So everyone here is just talking out of the ass about popularity. It shouldn't even be compared to GT Simulation game in the first place, but I guess Forza Motorsport is dead. And I don't see how data for FH3 is relevant to the current state of the Forza Franchise. It'd be like showing GT5 sold over 11 million (which it did and still people on forums have this notion it was dethroned by Forza MS somehow) as if that somehow tells the story of the current state of that franchise.
It's because GT isn't as good of a game imo. Horizon is different. but feature wise the standard GT is lagging behind what forza motorsport offers.

KAL2006

Banned
Honestly Sony need to get a western studio, reuse a few of the car models from Gran Turismo 7 and make a Gran Turismo Horizon. It's a blatant rip off but I don't think they would get panned for it.

sncvsrtoip

It's because GT isn't as good of a game imo. Horizon is different. but feature wise the standard GT is lagging behind what forza motorsport offers.
nah its opposite, gt sport nailed multiplayer with proper structure, dr rating matchmaking, fia tournaments, fm7 is lacking in multiplayer and has bad wheel support. Fm7 got good review scores and gt sport not so good on premiere due lack of content but in the end gt sport doubled it content and showed strength of it multiplayer aspect.

People bring up FH5, but forget F8 is supposedly going to have RT during actual races. Of course we'll see if the rumors are true.

Keep in mind FH is a huge open world game not circuits like FM.

Banned
People bring up FH5, but forget F8 is supposedly going to have RT during actual races. Of course we'll see if the rumors are true.

that being said, the RT implementation that is in FH5 is hardcore. full resolution with 3 bounces (maybe 4, not confirmed)
I kinda hope they will eventually allow this during gameplay on PC tbh. just as a future proving hardcore graphics mode

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member

Turn10 will get RT during the actual races I have no doubt, the overhead they amanged to squeeze even out of the One X at 4K60FPS it’s self was ridiculous.

Vognerful

When FH8 comes out and it actually does have RT, I hope we would a constructive discussion away from console warring as whether the visual gains are worth the performance cost

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Polyphony are so bad programmars with their spaghetti code and fucking sucks.

I mean, that's what people wrote about Ubisoft when far cry 6 didn't support Ray tracing, so I assume this won't be any different.

Yeah, yet another gen being behind high end pcs from the get go.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Polyphony are so bad programmars with their spaghetti code and fucking sucks.

I mean, that's what people wrote about Ubisoft when far cry 6 didn't support Ray tracing, so I assume this won't be any different.

Yeah, yet another gen being behind high end pcs from the get go.

Let's wait first shall we? I mean GT Sport is still one of the best console race games and i was blown away a few months back when i started playing it on the PS5. And the interview does suggest that they will looking to implement RT in some form on a later date for gameplay.

When FH8 comes out and it actually does have RT, I hope we would a constructive discussion away from console warring as whether the visual gains are worth the performance cost

I don't expect Forza Motorsport to have ray tracing during gameplay at all.
They're gonna make such a solid effort acoss the board (visuals/gameplay/performance/features) that the trade off won't be worth it.

Top Bottom