• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 retains first place as classic Switch games surge | UK Boxed Charts

kingfey

Banned
Here is the information, if no one likes to read the article.

There is one other game that makes its chart debut this week -- My Universe: Puppies and Kittens on Nintendo Switch, also published by Maximum Games. The title actually came out in November, but it finally makes the charts this week at No.37.

Elsewhere in the Top Ten, Pokémon Legends: Arceus is up a place to No.4, but sales dropped 23% week-on-week. And Horizon Forbidden West is down to No.7 after a 41% sales fall.

Here is the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten for the week ending March 19:

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11Gran Turismo 7
32Elden Ring
23WWE 2K22
54Pokémon Legends: Arceus
265Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
176Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
47Horizon Forbidden West
New Entry8Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Re-Entry9Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
New Entry10Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Ports, Lazy sport games, lazy Pokemon games, a tired Ubisoft Open World style game (Horizon) and a Microtransactioned online only game (Gran Turismo), What a bad top ten.

At least there is Elden Ring is selling well. It just goes to show that Gamers want to be challenged and not spoonfed like all these yawner Ubisoft style games do like Horizon.

Is this supposed to be a spoof OP?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
scrubs-dr-perry-cox.gif

ethomaz

Banned
The deserved.
Sadly it got down for almost a day last week but that is not related to the quality of the game itself.

I keep doing thing and more things open in the game… I was no expecting Missions outside License, Circuit Experience and normal races.

Played very little and have 630k credits (I spend a bit with old cars, tires and stuffs)… maybe I should have around 1 million if I did not buy things to test lol

Didn’t have time to touch the Sport Mode yet.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
lmao, seems like they are not going to remove or tone down the MTX soon.

reksveks

Second week where the gsd and gfk #1 will be different?

Also people did the maths and Ff:SOP opened at less than 4720. That's Horizon's number this week.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
that's terrible and casts a bad light on the future of gaming.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nevertheless, it continues to sell well at retail and held No.1 despite a 42% drop in sales week-on-week.

42% drop week on week, it was a pretty damn slow week overall.

🤷‍♂️

kingfey

Banned
Next week will be telling. I expect a big drop off. Maybe out of top 10
I wouldnt hold on that one. There is no big game that is coming soon.
The game is a racing game. All old folks in europe like cars. So GT7 is the perfect game for them. Just like how fifa is big in europe.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I wouldnt hold on that one. There is no big game that is coming soon.
The game is a racing game. All old folks in europe like cars. So GT7 is the perfect game for them. Just like how fifa is big in europe.
Well if it holds then the news of the downtime did nothing. The game has gotten a lot of bad press the last several days. I expect that to do something to sales. Could be wrong though!

kingfey

Banned
Well if it holds then the news of the downtime did nothing. The game has gotten a lot of bad press the last several days. I expect that to do something to sales. Could be wrong though!
Only forum gamers, or those who follow gaming news care about it.
These are casuals. They make up 60%-70% of gaming consoles.

ethomaz

Banned
he was downplaying fifa and wwe 2k.
Well I have no issue with FIFA at all... it is probably the most played game in Brasil... before the COVID-homeoffice we used to play it every break time at office.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Well I have no issue with FIFA at all... it is probably the most played game in Brasil... before the COVID-homeoffice we used to play it every break time at office.
If you are a football fan (Sorry Americans), you will play fifa. Since you will want to play as your team.
Game is super massive in all the continent. Only thing that stops it, is the limited consoles.

ethomaz

Banned
GT7 Sales in UK

Week x: Total (Physical + Digital)
Week 1: ~130k (~54k + ~76k)
Week 2: ~47k (~24k + ~23k)
Week 3: >14k (~14k + ?)

LTD: >191k

Last edited:

reksveks

GT7 Sales in UK

Week x: Total (Physical + Digital)
Week 1: ~130k (~54k + ~76k)
Week 2: > 154k (~24k + ?)
Week 3: > 168k (~14k + ?)
As a result of WWE, last week's No.2 -- Gran Turismo 7 by Sony -- drops to third place after a 70% drop in digital sales week-on-week

Raven117

Gold Member
I have enjoyed the experience quite a bit. (Though damn...Im real tired of playing catch on those cafe races...that doesn't feel like racing...makes you drive like a crazy person to get up in the top 3 in only a few laps.)

They just need to fix up the economy, shape up the multiplayer, and we will be good to go!

Top Bottom