• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran turismo 7 - Powered by PS5

Ozriel

M$FT
It's obviously an improvement.

But the difference between say Ratchet PS4 and Rift Apart is way bigger.

Hell Horizon FW even thoughts it's cross gen looks like a big leap.

Sport and GT7 difference isn't that significant.

It’s much easier for visual jumps in stuff like Ratchet to be more apparent. you have stuff like fur, explosions and particles that can easily be identified as a difference.

Late gen Vehicle models in GT Sport were already impressive running on the PS4 Pro. So it’s easier for your mind to tell you that the cars don’t look that much different when you see GT7.
But for everything from weather, model detail, resolution, effects and environment, there are quite visible improvements over GT Sport.

Horizon is still better than any open world Ubisoft shat out in the last ten years or so.
Definitely not if we are counting from 2017. 2007 had the og assassins creed which had some good bits and felt fresh and 09 had 2, the best AC.

Honestly Include brotherhood and even unity as well, far cry sucks though no doubt. But even then, I give more credit to far cry for coming first.

Horizon is absolutely soulless and has that assembly line feel

Last edited:

Tschumi

I just want to see what the couch geniuses will say when DF anoints this the new standard in graphics and realism for car racing games, pointing out superior car model detail, etc etc, to FH5.

IF they do.

But yes, if they do, it'll be funny to see people who rely entirely on the digital Foundry list of criteria for graphics criticism saying DF is wrong lol...

Definitely not if we are counting from 2017. 2007 had the og assassins creed which had some good bits and felt fresh and 09 had 2, the best AC.

Honestly Include brotherhood and even unity as well, far cry sucks though no doubt. But even then, I give more credit to far cry for coming first.

Horizon is absolutely soulless and has that assembly line feel
Then we agree to disagree. I found HZD's open world refreshingly uneventful. No map clutter with icons like Ubisoft loves to do. But that's just me. I must admit tho that I really liked Far Cry 6 for some reason.

Tschumi

Then we agree to disagree. I found HZD's open world refreshingly uneventful. No map clutter with icons like Ubisoft loves to do. But that's just me. I must admit tho that I really liked Far Cry 6 for some reason.
I really enjoy Ghost Recon Wildlands. I've actually been trying to think of a thread topic to post that would give me an excuse to praise the game...

I like it because it's a totally cardboard world map that provides an immersive background for a single minded pursuit of covert ops self entertainment lol, i totally ignore collection, the story, the map,i just love tramping around their shallow world map making my own gameplay..

I think that's the highest praise i can give any Ubisoft open world since FC2 :p that it's a perfect empty backdrop for a single gameplay loop.

Actually you could say the thing i like about Wildlands is that, if i ignore Ubisoft's story and stuff, you could almost call it Far Cry 2: The Bolivia Expansion :p

Horizon's open world is not perfect, it showed how Guerilla were in new territory with that game, but it played host to a better game and that symbiotic relationship of plot and world boosted both.

Last edited:

Three

Man why are some people upset at other peoples opinions of the footage or game. Let people be impressed or unimpressed all they want. I personally am not super impressed but still looking forward to this immensely. Especially if it has full PSVR support then I'm all in.
Interesting that they are not showing gameplay footage outside camera view and even then they prefer replay footage. Craig Turismo.

Still, there will be tons of people who will show replays and will try to tell that is exactly how the game looks :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Ok I changed my mind. Craig Turismo? No stop trying to force that stuff. They showed a lot of gameplay footage and you don't even know of the graphical differences of replay vs in gameplay.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Ok I changed my mind. Craig Turismo? No stop trying to force that stuff. They showed a lot of gameplay footage and you don't even know of the graphical differences of replay vs in gameplay.
I dunno why saying Craig Turismo isn't ban'able purely for being a ridiculously revealing thing to say lol

skit_data

Lots of people being mad that it’s crossgen and this or that.
I’m still happy its not a GT6 situation. Damn I wish that game would’ve been crossgen instead of being released on PS3 only after PS4 was released.

I think the situation of crossgen games is kinda sad but its a lot better than GoW2 and GT6 getting released only on the previous console.

Omegaking

Banned
It’s much easier for visual jumps in stuff like Ratchet to be more apparent. you have stuff like fur, explosions and particles that can easily be identified as a difference.

Late gen Vehicle models in GT Sport were already impressive running on the PS4 Pro. So it’s easier for your mind to tell you that the cars don’t look that much different when you see GT7.
But for everything from weather, model detail, resolution, effects and environment, there are quite visible improvements over GT Sport.
Stop making excuses for these developers.

They showed a lot of gameplay footage and you don't even know of the graphical differences of replay vs in gameplay.
Except each time it is pretty obvious when it is gameplay and when it is replay. When they show real gameplay they did not even try to leave the cockpit view and even then there was pop ins, akwards trees and so on.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Is this nonsense still in the game?

"A Penalty is a punitive action against the player that features in all games since Gran Turismo 4. It is used as a deterrent for dirty racing by slowing your car down to a speed of 50 km/h (31 mph) for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 20 seconds (3 to 10 seconds in GT6)".

Because that murders any form of realism or game immersion for me personally.

sad formula 1 GIF by Ayrton Senna
Real races have a penalty too… your own life.
It is just that a game can’t simulate you dying or others dying because you are driving incorrectly that these soft penalty exists.

Without that driving in games should be a completely mess.

Last edited:

Markio128

Really looking forward to this. Looks great. I hope they can get it to a locked 60fps for launch.
Same. I’m not interested in the quality of trees, or there being no RT during gameplay, or that it’s cross-gen; gameplay will always be king. Although, I do hope that the replays are in full screen on the PS5 because the GT Sport cropped replays did bug me a little. GT has always had the best replays, no question.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Really dissapointing looking.
I'll continue to enjoy the visuals of H5.

I came here to make a post along the lines of "INB4 something something bad graphics something something Horizon"

But everyone's already out in full force, at least you have the good decency to use what looks like a blind man as your forum avatar to help make this point easier to make.

Is everyone else playing a diffrent game or something?!? Like I enjoy Horizon 5 on my PC which happens to be running an RTX 3080 so 120 frames max all at 2k and even I can tell GT is a real looker in the trailers. Since there hasent been a Forza Motor sport either for awhile I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on a new none arcade racer again.

But let me repeat... graphically it looks good, at least from the trailers.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You probably already know this but don’t bother with the stands that have the pole in the middle. Even if you don’t use your clutch pedal or use 2 feet with gas/brake and paddles it’s still annoying.
I hadn’t really given it much thought honestly until now

Need to figure out some sort of removable mounting system to my main desk

FrankWza

I hadn’t really given it much thought honestly until now

Need to figure out some sort of removable mounting system to my main desk
There’s a bunch of nice ones that fold with the wheel and pedals attached and have cockpit style spacing and also a shifter mount in a good position if you decide you want one. They’re less than $100. I’m not sure how your wheel mounts but even if the stand isn’t prestamped with the proper bolt configuration of your wheel, the universal mount is usually really sturdy on thrustmasters.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
There’s a bunch of nice ones that fold with the wheel and pedals attached and have cockpit style spacing and also a shifter mount in a good position if you decide you want one. They’re less than $100. I’m not sure how your wheel mounts but even if the stand isn’t prestamped with the proper bolt configuration of your wheel, the universal mount is usually really sturdy on thrustmasters.
Thats one of my projects today :)

ParaSeoul

Its starting to make a lot more sense to me why Yamauchi was mad about Driveclub existing,no doubt the driving and physics will give sim fans and purists what they want but for most car fans seeing the cars recreated in jaw dropping detail and fun driving is what we want. PS5 needs its own Horizon and Driveclub could have been that

FrankWza

So is it feasible to believe this will be the only Gt this gen? If not probably another cross gen release for the PS 6?
I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a big update in a year or 2 and pushed the graphics and frame rate up. This is the first game in the series that can be updated and is releasing early gen.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Mans woke up and had lies for breakfast.

And what other racing game is on the same level? I’m talking about the whole presentation, it’s undeniable that GT is in a league of its own, it just oozes class.

But go ahead and talk about moving trees with the rest of the fanboys. Too bad those moving trees are in games that look like they were visually designed by teenagers.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
And what other racing game is on the same level? I’m talking about the whole presentation, it’s undeniable that GT is in a league of its own, it just oozes class.

But go ahead and talk about moving trees with the rest of the fanboys. Too bad those moving trees are in games that look like they were visually designed by teenagers.

How you can post this and then call others ‘fanboys’ is seriously amusing.

Why the desperate need to compare?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Richard Leadbetter mentioned it in the DF Retro PS4 reveal video,don't remember the timestamp. He was specifcally mad about it making their then upcoming GT6 look even more dated if I recall correctly.
Yeah, I am going to need a link for that one with a direct quote. Sounds more tongue in cheek.

lol it really is just putting a 3d model on top of a static photograph..

hahaha - how can this even be called a feature?
There is a surprising amount of tech behind it though. Even though it's just a picture, the lighting is accurately mapped in a 3D space, so no matter where you position the car it is lit as if it was actually there.

It is surprisingly fun to mess around and take photos in it. Sport was hit or miss with how natural it looked - sometimes it was very clearly a 3D model pasted on top of a picture, sometimes it was legitimately difficult to tell it wasn't completely a photo - but the upgraded visuals and lighting should make it even better in 7.

Thirty7ven

Banned
How you can post this and then call others ‘fanboys’ is seriously amusing.

Why the desperate need to compare?

Right, I praise the game for its visual class and get called a liar by some fanboy worried about graphics crowns, yet you jump on me? Lmao, shit's hilarious.

Ristifer

Not sure why people are calling out those who are criticizing the trees. Part of the charm of a racing game is its atmosphere. Otherwise, you can just have flat fields and then achieve all the RT, 4K 120fps you want. A believable world around the circuit is also important in many racing games.

ethomaz

Banned
Richard Leadbetter mentioned it in the DF Retro PS4 reveal video,don't remember the timestamp. He was specifcally mad about it making their then upcoming GT6 look even more dated if I recall correctly.
GT6 a year before DriverClub...
And GTS looks better than DriveClud (DF words included).

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Same. I’m not interested in the quality of trees, or there being no RT during gameplay, or that it’s cross-gen; gameplay will always be king. Although, I do hope that the replays are in full screen on the PS5 because the GT Sport cropped replays did bug me a little. GT has always had the best replays, no question.
GT Sport still looks awesome. I bet this will look great too. As long as there is a full career mode and nice cloth gameplay I’m happy. The framerate looked a little dodge on some footage, so my only hope is that comes together for launch.

Top Bottom