• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran turismo 7 - Powered by PS5

SLB1904

Banned

Damn this looks too good

From PettyWingman / GTP

162a5a50-3b44-4bcf-9182-afc437213824-jpeg.1099928

Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of "Gran Turismo"
Over 420 car models with the highest quality ever.
Over 90 tracks with realistic weather and realistic scenery.
Besides, the long-awaited "GT Mode," which you can enjoy the car life, is back again.
Enjoy various events as buying, selling and tuning the cars and racing.

Brand Central
A shopping mall which over 60 automobile brands assemble.
You can purchase over 300 post-2011 cars here.

Used Cars Dealer
The cars which have been discontinued for a long time are lined up here.
The Japanese historic cars in '80s and '90s are also available.
The lineup would be updated every day.

Garage
Your base of the car life.
Up to 1000 cars can be stored and you can gaze at and setup your car.

Tuning Shop
Engine, tire, brake, suspension etc... a huge amount of tuning parts are available.
You can also purchase the supercharger, turbocharger, weight reduction and rigidity increase.

GT Auto
Dress up your car here.
Over 130 wheels and over 600 aero parts are lined up.
Oil change, car wash, painting and livery editing are also available.

Scapes
Over 2500 photo locations in 40 countries all over the world.
Place your car in a beautiful scene and take realistic HDR photographs.

License Center
Learn the driving technique from scratch.
You can learn from basic techniques to different drivings for each car and course.

Mission Challenge
0-400m Battle, Drifting, Max Speed Challenge, "Music Rally" which you can race to music etc...
You can experience unique events that is different from ordinary racing.

World Circuits
World circuits such as Le Mans and Nürburgring, beloved fictional citcuits such as Trail Mountain...
Over 90 layouts are in this game.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Looks better and better every time i see it. I'm really happy, now that we are so close to the GT7 release. With all the other games that will come out in the first quarter of 2022 it will be an incredible start to an exceptional year for gaming. For all of us!

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Let’s start with the graphics, clearly no one can do it better than GT. I’ve been saying that since GT4. 1v1 with GT nobody can match it’s style. The GT franchise averages millions of sales. Now performance, they gave GT7 60hz, ray tracing, HDR, and trailers the last couple of weeks (forest) watching it one more time, haptic feedbacks, adaptive triggers are the kind of 3 point game winning shot every racer wishes they had. Now, dozens of cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickFire

Trigger Warning - don't read if you hate unfinished games getting released.

I don't care how many bugs are still being ironed out. Sony should release the game now in early access. Visuals look awesome, and feedback sounds really cool. I want it now. Glitches and all.

tmlDan

It's obviously an improvement.

But the difference between say Ratchet PS4 and Rift Apart is way bigger.

Hell Horizon FW even thoughts it's cross gen looks like a big leap.

Sport and GT7 difference isn't that significant.
this is also cross gen, and no to the rest.

Kupfer

I don't know if they turned it off by mistake or used the wrong footage but there is literally no RT in the scape footage in the trailer. And the irony is he is talking about the RT in scape mode while showing footage without it
sN56ww1.jpg

QWendHq.jpg

rUkqEEv.jpg

e9iRu37.jpg
What makes you so sure there is no RT?
RT can be subtile reflections, RT can be shadows, RT even can be audio.

RT doesn't have to look like NVIDIAs shiny techdemos or in every "GTA 5 ultra realistic RTX 3090ti wet streets simulator" video.

Edit:
Having a closer look on your pictures, I think they totally use raytraced reflections. The mirrored reflections in the headlight of the old Mercedes and the red and white curb reflections on the side of the green car with more details of the track in the background are indicators for raytraced reflections - or really really good cube maps /SSR - but I don't think so.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
It's obviously an improvement.

But the difference between say Ratchet PS4 and Rift Apart is way bigger.

Hell Horizon FW even thoughts it's cross gen looks like a big leap.

Sport and GT7 difference isn't that significant.
It's ironic because I've seen claims that both ratchet and Horizon don't look better than the ps4 version...
So there is that

Fredrik

I don't know if they turned it off by mistake or used the wrong footage but there is literally no RT in the scape footage in the trailer. And the irony is he is talking about the RT in scape mode while showing footage without it
sN56ww1.jpg

QWendHq.jpg

rUkqEEv.jpg

e9iRu37.jpg
Ray-tracing is overrated anyway, still looks great there so I don’t care. First pic with the old car looks awesome.

I’m not going wow over the gameplay visuals though, but I don’t go wow over anything in the post-Matrix demo world, Epic ruined me. Could Unreal Engine 5 be used for racing games? I want that. At 60fps.

Top Bottom