• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran turismo 7 - Powered by PS5

Powered by replay mode. I'm still pissed off how they sold raytracing as ingame when in the reality they continued to show the replay mode to hype the public.
Exactly all the footage from this trailer could have come from replay mode. Also, the bastards advertised this as being a ps5 exclusive every time it was shown until they did the infamous about face and suddenly this and God of War were cross gen.

With Ragnarok at least they never made any promises. Gt7 was a straight up lie.

Ray-tracing is overrated anyway, still looks great there so I don’t care. First pic with the old car looks awesome.

I’m not going wow over the gameplay visuals though, but I don’t go wow over anything in the post-Matrix demo world, Epic ruined me. Could Unreal Engine 5 be used for racing games? I want that. At 60fps.
How can you say ray tracing is overrated and talk about how amazing the Matrix demo is? That demo was fully ray traced as part of their "Lumen" lighting system.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
giphy.gif

Is this nonsense still in the game?

"A Penalty is a punitive action against the player that features in all games since Gran Turismo 4. It is used as a deterrent for dirty racing by slowing your car down to a speed of 50 km/h (31 mph) for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 20 seconds (3 to 10 seconds in GT6)".

Because that murders any form of realism or game immersion for me personally.

sad formula 1 GIF by Ayrton Senna

Last edited:

Inviusx

It will be some bullshit if they make GT7's online cross-play with ps4 because that will force the loading times to be much longer between races.

True but think about how healthy the online community will be with both platforms playing together. Cross gen is crucial for online IMHO.

Naked Lunch

Looks clean and crisp.
I normally turn off rumble for all games - but this seems it will be essential to the experience.
Been far too long since the last numbered entry in the series.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
GT is certainly a step up from Forza Motorsport in many ways. Never got around to trying GT Sport, but GT6 was fantastic, whereas FM5, 6 and 7 were 'only' okay-to-great games.
I look forward to the challenge and after Christmas going to start looking for a wheel if Santa didn't get enough hints to bring me one

The Shepard

i havent been into racing games since the PS2 days with GT4 and need for speed but man do i have an urge to get back in. its going to be so relaxing to play and it looks like its back to proper gran turismo again after GT sport.

Last edited:

FrankWza

True but think about how healthy the online community will be with both platforms playing together. Cross gen is crucial for online IMHO.
Anyone who spends a significant amount of time on GT should have, and probably did have, an SSD installed since GT5 on PS3.

Loope

GT is certainly a step up from Forza Motorsport in many ways. Never got around to trying GT Sport, but GT6 was fantastic, whereas FM5, 6 and 7 were 'only' okay-to-great games.
There was a time, physics wise, where they almost got close with FM4, after that (i didn't play them) it seems it went a bit downhill. GT is just one of those solid franchises. People bitch and moan but they always end up doing solid good games. Actually i always say that a GT game or a FromSoftware games would be the ones that could lead me to buy a playstation.

This one looks great, couldn't give to shits about track detail around it, but i guess it comes with the territory, when the next forza launches trees will be discussed.

Interesting that they are not showing gameplay footage outside camera view and even then they prefer replay footage. Craig Turismo.

Still, there will be tons of people who will show replays and will try to tell that is exactly how the game looks :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I wonder if our progress in GTS get carried over to GT7, or if we get something as a gift if we are at a certain level. I hope we get a mode where we can test every car and don't have to grind 200h+ just to drive those 20mill cars. Im fine if we don't get credits if we use them and even totaly fine if we don't level up with them. I just like to do hotlaps with different cars on the same track to see how hard i can push the car. But the prices are a little too expensive, even after hunderds of hours i still couldn't play with all the cars. I would love to try out all the cars just to see how it feels on the track.

*And playstation 4. And playstation 4 pro. And PC soon enough.

Sorry but it’s not impressing me esp. with its always online dogshite. Graphics are nothing special either.

xPikYx

I don't know if they turned it off by mistake or used the wrong footage but there is literally no RT in the scape footage in the trailer. And the irony is he is talking about the RT in scape mode while showing footage without it
sN56ww1.jpg

QWendHq.jpg

rUkqEEv.jpg

e9iRu37.jpg
Well Ray tracing is not only reflections, it is a sum of things: shadows cast, global illumination, refractions, reflections, bump mapping. Probably he was talking about GI

xPikYx

Pretty sure GT7 is just RT reflections.
Well so far I haven't seen any, actually a more renovated illumination system despite GTS, a part from this it looks very cross gen, and honestly speaking after seen the Matrix demo every next gen game should run in Unreal Engine 5, in particular for nanite, unless a proprietary engine has a similar technology built in. Nanite technology is the GOAT.

Top Bottom