• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran turismo 7 - Powered by PS5

clintar

Yuck, watch the 2d billboard trees in the first car segment on the right side of the screen. One of the trees has a flat edge on it. Ugly

jabqkX5.jpg

Cherrypepsi

GT for me was always the most realistic looking racing series. A lot of that came from colors, lighting, and how it handled motion.

However GT7 seems to be calibrated different, it's too vibrant for me in some shots and too flat in others.

two examples:

3IRVmH6.png

21ZKcqo.png

don't know what to think of it really

SLB1904

Banned
GT for me was always the most realistic looking racing series. A lot of that came from colors, lighting, and how it handled motion.

However GT7 seems to be calibrated different, it's too vibrant for me in some shots and too flat in others.

two examples:

3IRVmH6.png

21ZKcqo.png

One is fictional track the other is real. I don't know I like the look of the one you say is flat better. Looks more realistic

The triggers are cool but I don't know if I want to play with DualSense. Kind of want to buy a cheap wheel.
Have you tried the motion controls with GT Sport? I was super skeptical, but it's actually kind of unreal how good it feels to play using the controller like it is a steering wheel. You somehow feel really, really connected to the driving. With the triggers and upgraded rumble it's probably going to only be even more of an incredible experience.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Yuck, watch the 2d billboard trees in the first car segment on the right side of the screen. One of the trees has a flat edge on it. Ugly

jabqkX5.jpg
So I was screamed at for daring to question the suggestion that flight sim on Xbox Series was God's gift to man in the graphics department because I was "flying too close to the ground in a game where I was supposed to be higher up"... I was threatened for posting that.

I would imagine some would say the same about a still frame looking behind the car at speed, but I guess you'll find out.

lem0n

I'm so, so happy that GT7 seems like it's exactly what I wanted from the start. If it turns out to be GT: Sport physics-wise, but with better graphics, more features, more cars, more tracks and a huge story mode, I'm ALL in.

Skifi28

jabqkX5.jpg

If you're so interested in trees, you might want to go and plant some yourself. The obsession with trees in racing games never ceases to amaze me.

Edit: Also from that image, you can't tell much. It could also be a billboard behind the tree. The fact that this is what you choose to focus on after seeing this trailer is still mind-boggling.

Last edited:

splattered

Looks ok... mixture of gameplay and cinematics, you can definitely tell which parts are gameplay. Is this cross-gen? I forget... looks like it. Doesn't look BAD at all, just nothing that amazing.

Hunnybun

If you're so interested in trees, you might want to go and plant some yourself. The obsession with trees in racing games never ceases to amaze me.

Edit: Also from that image, you can't tell much. It could also be a billboard behind the tree. The fact that this is what you choose to focus on after seeing this trailer is still mind-boggling.

"After seeing this trailer", as if it's mindblowing or something lol. It looks like a PS4 game.

Skifi28

"After seeing this trailer", as if it's mindblowing or something lol. It looks like a PS4 game.
I think It looks good, but that's not the point I was making. "Trailer about cars moving at high speeds with tons of motion blur in the image, let me pause and zoom at the trees in the distance to look for flaws."

Last edited:

Fredrik

So I was screamed at for daring to question the suggestion that flight sim on Xbox Series was God's gift to man in the graphics department because I was "flying too close to the ground in a game where I was supposed to be higher up"... I was threatened for posting that.

I would imagine some would say the same about a still frame looking behind the car at speed, but I guess you'll find out.
Don’t know what you said but flight sim fans were probably tired to listen to complaints about ground details, it has never been important but has slowly evolved from just a shore line to what we have today, which imo is absolutely amazing considering that we now fly over the whole planet.

Racing games has always been discussed in weird ways, sometimes tiny pointless things you blast by in 3 milliseconds gets lots of complaints or hype, sometimes high framerates isn’t important even though it’s a genre about moving at high speeds.

Personally I’m not going wow over this trailer. Not because GT7 does something wrong that others are doing better but because I think the racing sim genre in general needs a shake up. In short it feels like I’m playing the same games over and over. And UE5 has ruined me when it comes to graphics. Can’t help being disappointed at just about everything right now.

Still, it’s going back to the old GT I love and I skipped GT6 so it has been over 10 years since I played Gran Turismo. Already preordered, can’t wait!

Last edited:
What makes you so sure there is no RT?
RT can be subtile reflections, RT can be shadows, RT even can be audio.

RT doesn't have to look like NVIDIAs shiny techdemos or in every "GTA 5 ultra realistic RTX 3090ti wet streets simulator" video.

Edit:
Having a closer look on your pictures, I think they totally use raytraced reflections. The mirrored reflections in the headlight of the old Mercedes and the red and white curb reflections on the side of the green car with more details of the track in the background are indicators for raytraced reflections - or really really good cube maps /SSR - but I don't think so.
I don't sede how ray-tracing could be used in Scape to reflect the ambient around, given that there Is no visibile real geometra in views in Scape. If there was ray-tracing, It would work only on self reflection,, I think

clintar

I was going back through the video watching the game snippets because I thought they looked nice and saw that. Just wondered why they left that in this video. Pretty poor editing. Of course I'm gonna get lynched now, but whatever. Sorry I saw it?

Markio128

I have a G29 wheel, but I’m still looking forward to playing GT7 with the dualsense. The game is looking great.

SLB1904

Banned
I was going back through the video watching the game snippets because I thought they looked nice and saw that. Just wondered why they left that in this video. Pretty poor editing. Of course I'm gonna get lynched now, but whatever. Sorry I saw it?
aww

TBiddy

It looks great, but as usual with Playstation, they mix cinematics and gameplay. They are experts at that. Keep that in mind when watching the clips.

That said, there's no doubt that this will look stunning on the PS5.

LostDonkey

Not sure about on the PS Store, but physical pre-orders have been live for awhile.

That sexy steelbook will be mine.
Last big edition GT I got was 5, in the huge box with the model car and shit.

I've gone digital since then so don't buy physical anymore.

Fredrik

Last big edition GT I got was 5, in the huge box with the model car and shit.

I've gone digital since then so don't buy physical anymore.
It’s up for preorder digitally too, I’m the same, never buy physical versions, not even on Switch

kyliethicc

two examples:

3IRVmH6.png

21ZKcqo.png

Mainly because all of this marketing stuff is SDR.

Meanwhile the game itself is designed to be played in HDR.

What is a "Scape"?
That looked more like 2d photos ? You cant zoom around the enviroment? So like photoshopping a car into a photo?

Last edited:
Top Bottom