• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

omegasc

I never liked it but GT7 make me appreciate the track. The fact that i was on the circuit this year in real life further solidified this for me. But even then it's a love hate relationship. For many very cool sections it has there also many parts i don't like. I guess it comes from the fact that it is so long and when you mess up in a single corner it can ruin many minutes of a good lap.

What i wanted to say is that it's surely not unreasonable to not like the track. There are other tracks i can't stand so as always its just a matter of personal preference and taste. Good that we have so many racing circuits in the game!
It's not that I dislike it, I just think it's too much time in a single lap lol
I would never chose it over Suzuka, Interlagos, Spa...
My history with Nords is basically gold it on licences or missions and never race it again.
I have a lot of respect for the real track though and agree it deserves the legendary status it has.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The Alfa is such a fun car to drive, the growl sound and the way it looks is just
giphy.gif

Not sure why they dont play around more with daily races as far as time of day goes. We should have night races too. Also, yesterday was the first time after liek 6 months where an online match started with an actual grid start and not rolling start. I couldn't believe it lol.

Last edited:
Thanks but for sure I am not interested in emulation yet.
Surprising hearing gt7 is the one for good singleplayer! It can't be worse then forza "it's your festival, have a ferrari and your cuck polished"... I couldn't stand those games :p
The single player is a MASSIVE downgrade from previous Gran Turismo games. It's as soulless as the Forizon Horizon single player modes on top of being incredibly dull. The only difference is that Gran Turismo 7 is so stingy with cars after you complete the cafe menu books because they want you to be tempted to buy the microtransactions.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The single player is a MASSIVE downgrade from previous Gran Turismo games. It's as soulless as the Forizon Horizon single player modes on top of being incredibly dull. The only difference is that Gran Turismo 7 is so stingy with cars after you complete the cafe menu books because they want you to be tempted to buy the microtransactions.
Homer Simpson Animation GIF by FOX TV

Con-Z-epT

The official English-language Super Formula social media accounts have teased that the new SF23, to be used from the upcoming 2023 season, may be heading to Gran Turismo 7.

Earlier in the month, the official account, @SUPERFORMULA_En posted a Tweet asking followers what their one wish for the 2023 Super Formula season would be. One response was that the SF23 would be added into Gran Turismo, and the account’s response was somewhat heavy on the hinting:

Should the SF23 materialize in GT7, it would be the second successive Super Formula car to appear in a Gran Turismo game following the SF19. That car was revealed in the official Super Formula magazine, but less than a month ahead of its appearance in Gran Turismo Sport and only just ahead of its competitive racing debut.

After a series of development tests in October and November 2022, Super Formula revealed the SF23 in mid-December as a replacement for the four-year old SF19. The two cars are closely related, with Dallara building both vehicles exclusively for the series, but the SF23 features a number of changes to promote closer racing and the Next50 environmental goals.

Probably the most significant change is a shift from fully carbon-fiber bodywork to a hybrid composite made by BComp which consists of around 70% flax fibers — similar to that found on the Extreme E race cars — in order to reduce the cars’ carbon footprint and increase the ability to recycle components rather than sending them to landfill.

The cars will also use single-specification Yokohama tires which use recycled rubber, and in recent tests the SF23 also ran on a new carbon-neutral fuel.

In addition the restyled bodywork results in a mild reduction of downforce, reducing the dirty air phenomenon to help the cars follow each other more closely to promote overtaking and on-track action.

There’s again two specifications of the car, with Honda and Toyota providing engines (the “White Tiger” and “Red Tiger” cars above, respectively), and it seems likely that the overtake feature will return.

With Gran Turismo world champion Igor Fraga serving as Super Formula’s e-motorsport ambassador, there’s strong links between the two brands. However we’re yet to see official confirmation from either Super Formula or Gran Turismo that the SF23 will be coming to Gran Turismo 7, so watch this space…

Last edited:

Zimmy68

So I finished the career mode (I think, got the trophy/achievement).
As someone who used do the full GT experience with a wheel but skipped the Sports and 6 "era", my useless thoughts:
They nailed the GT feel, maybe a little too well.
I really wish there was a non online mode that would let me play like I want. I want to buy and try different cars. Let me run the same races and win the same cars, then sell them.
There doesn't seem to be a reason to go back and do races. What do you win, chump change or a rigged roulette ticket?

I don't mind grinding for money but I don't want to do 15 laps to get any real money.

Also, will there ever be (or is there) a racing game that doesn't rolling start you dead last?
I thought that was an A.I. limitation tracing back to the PS1. Why still do it today?
The entire race is just avoiding 19 cars to catch up to the same guys in 1st and 2nd place.

Con-Z-epT

So I finished the career mode (I think, got the trophy/achievement).
As someone who used do the full GT experience with a wheel but skipped the Sports and 6 "era", my useless thoughts:
They nailed the GT feel, maybe a little too well.
I really wish there was a non online mode that would let me play like I want. I want to buy and try different cars. Let me run the same races and win the same cars, then sell them.
There doesn't seem to be a reason to go back and do races. What do you win, chump change or a rigged roulette ticket?

I don't mind grinding for money but I don't want to do 15 laps to get any real money.

Also, will there ever be (or is there) a racing game that doesn't rolling start you dead last?
I thought that was an A.I. limitation tracing back to the PS1. Why still do it today?
The entire race is just avoiding 19 cars to catch up to the same guys in 1st and 2nd place.

There still is a lot of content outside of the cafe menus. Even events that are not part of the menus. Other than gaining money or tickets and buying cars (maybe engines or specific car parts) there really is no further incentive to go back to these events. The core appeal going forward still is the outstanding experience of racing and adjusting a multitude of cars over different circuits indipendent of gaining credits.

The fun lies in custom offline and online races, given that you already conquered every single licence, event, mission, CE or music rally. Give the Sport Mode a serious try. I think there is a lot to gain here in terms of satisfaction through the dynamic of human players.

It still is an AI limitation since even on the highest difficulty the AI is no match even for an average player. It just wouldn't be fun to start in the first position with no challenge. If you would like you can set yourself into any place in custom races. Online lobbies also feature qualifying.

Zimmy68

There still is a lot of content outside of the cafe menus. Even events that are not part of the menus. Other than gaining money or tickets and buying cars (maybe engines or specific car parts) there really is no further incentive to go back to these events. The core appeal going forward still is the outstanding experience of racing and adjusting a multitude of cars over different circuits indipendent of gaining credits.

The fun lies in custom offline and online races, given that you already conquered every single licence, event, mission, CE or music rally. Give the Sport Mode a serious try. I think there is a lot to gain here in terms of satisfaction through the dynamic of human players.

It still is an AI limitation since even on the highest difficulty the AI is no match even for an average player. It just wouldn't be fun to start in the first position with no challenge. If you would like you can set yourself into any place in custom races. Online lobbies also feature qualifying.
Thanks. I get that it must be tough but thought advances could handle it more on a current gen system.
Starting a race where the leader is a half a lap ahead of you is not a simulation in my eyes.
Didn't the old games allow you to race for position, or am I forgetting?

I just found out Share-play is a thing lol. Is there anyone here that has nothing better to do with their life than to get some gold medals for a fellow gaffer for license tests XD I came to a conclusion ill never get a platinum trophy because of those. Specifically the very last race with the old school Porsche and the nurburgring green AMG. Theres more but I def have no inspiration to get those past silver because I know the two mentioned are so far out of my reach its like whats the point. But yeah...just my little rant as I just realized on GTplanet that shareplay exists.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Someone didn't play Sport

😅😪🤭😁

Con-Z-epT

I just found out Share-play is a thing lol. Is there anyone here that has nothing better to do with their life than to get some gold medals for a fellow gaffer for license tests XD I came to a conclusion ill never get a platinum trophy because of those. Specifically the very last race with the old school Porsche and the nurburgring green AMG. Theres more but I def have no inspiration to get those past silver because I know the two mentioned are so far out of my reach its like whats the point. But yeah...just my little rant as I just realized on GTplanet that shareplay exists.
I would help you out although i have no clue how share-play works.

Edit: I also suggest you look up a guide for the stuff you have trouble with to get a better understanding of track limits. Makes a whole lot of a difference.

Last edited:
What are your top 5 cars you associate with the GT series? So, not your favourite cars in general but the ones you spent the most time with because you enjoy using them in races. Here are mine in no particular order:

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 - I absolutely LOVE this car and its handling ever since it was introduced in GTS.​

wBATvnS.jpg

BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16 - I can not imagine a a better car to drive as fast as possible through Nurburgring. Once it clicks, you trust the car in any corner.​

BJQkRNU.jpg

Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R '99 - What to say, a classic that graced most GT games so far.​

nAYEQwi.jpg

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 - Any time theres a GT4 race, this is my go to car even though its not necessarily the fastest.​

vLYXkrE.jpg

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 - In the photo is the 2017 version but its pretty much the same almost. Another tubby beast so easy to corner with.​

XKeVyxW.jpg

Con-Z-epT

What are your top 5 cars you associate with the GT series? So, not your favourite cars in general but the ones you spent the most time with because you enjoy using them in races.
Hard to say when you look at the series as a whole so i will just go with GT7 on this one.

Hyundai Genesis Gr.3

As a Hyundai driver myself and fan this was the first GT3 car i got comfortable with to the point where i can handle it so much better than any other. I drive others too but when it comes to competitive online races i will stick to this one. It seems it's so far away from the META that i'm always surprised how far i got with it.

Mercedes-AMG GT R '17

I always liked it but after participating in a lap around the Nordschleife with a professional driver in this car i developed a deep love here now. With a wide body, all the aero parts and a high wing this car also drives insanely well.

SLS AMG Gr.4

My go to GT4 car. I can't keep up online with other GT4 cars. It's so stable and i can handle it in the most extreme situations.

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17

I just love this car.

Ford GT '17

The best american sports car in my eyes. It's so sexy. I also got the weight reduction level 5 for it from a ticket. Wide body in addition and this is such a wild ride. Never gets old.

Top Bottom