• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
HELL YEAH RACE C SUZUKA 10 LAPS GR3
Whoo hoo, 10 laps for jabroni's to bump me out of the way. One thing I noticed though, it has been giving me top 5 finishes when they do that to me, even when I didn't finish top 5. Is that a part of the penalty system? I got 2 top 5s in a row after quitting from the D and E losers playing bumper cars the first couple of laps when there was zero congestion.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When you're first p2 or 3 are gonna punt you or push you wide.
As for matchmaking. They should rewrite it to put the D and E driver rating clowns in their own bumper car server. It sucks that it pairs newcomers, etc, with these headhunters based on rating, when they don't care about their own rating.

And you know who they are right off the rip, because their ratings are E/D or D/D and not E/B like newbies.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52567958613_46eaa6e223_o.png

52567707684_17eff0e7d0_o.png

Con-Z-epT

Wish you can change the color of factory calipers without having to switch to the ugly Brembo's. Also wish they had the real Z51 options in here, but sadly they don't. But glad to have the C8 none-the-less.
Visual customization is pretty basic in general and quite similar across all cars with some exceptions. Definitely would be cool to have some specifices for each car. Same for the liveries. Some cars have so many places for individual colours while most don't.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Visual customization is pretty basic in general and quite similar across all cars with some exceptions. Definitely would be cool to have some specifices for each car. Same for the liveries. Some cars have so many places for individual colours while most don't.
Agreed. If you have factory colors, let us change the interior tones from factory sets as well as calipers. Why would I swap to the ugly Brembo shiny kit, on a car that comes with better looking satin Brembo kits?

Something I feel Forza might go above and beyond with, and once again leave GT7 antiquated, maybe. And don't get me started on engine swaps and how pointless they are to have, when they do not work on 99%+ of the cars.

What is the point of having an engine, that swaps into the car that already uses that engine? The whole point is to put them into other cars like RL with engine swap kits, I would think.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

The Bugatti Chiron is a lot of fun actually. Not a fan of the brand and the looks but after i beefed it up as much as possible i couldn't stop driving it. Insane acceleration and the weight shift makes for some intense moments.

Can't get the extra menu for the Bugatti's since I miss the Veyron cause of the lack of an invitation. I'm only missing 9 cars.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Shit takes longer then my morning shits. Jeez

That flush felt good.

Anyways. Trying Race C with the Silhouette. Maybe lessen the cars to I can focus on the lines/gear choice more. I'd say 4 softs 6 mediums. Trying to stay in 3rd gear as much as possible and brake a bit early.

Maybe Fuel at 2nd to save to rears and +2 braking to to save the fronts

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

That flush felt good.

Anyways. Trying Race C with the Silhouette. Maybe lessen the cars to I can focus on the lines/gear choice more. I'd say 4 softs 6 mediums.
I thought 3-7 or 7-3 at first given that some cars eat up the softs in the 4th lap but going 7 laps on the mediums is rough.

It really helps to drive a smooth line and preserve some rubber.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I thought 3-7 or 7-3 at first given that some cars eat up the softs in the 4th lap but going 7 laps on the mediums is rough.

It really helps to drive a smooth line and preserve some rubber.

6 4 I reckon. Smooth..lots of coasting helps.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hey guys is it me or is accelerating in first gear out of corners waaaaay easier? Hmm depends on the car perhaps. The BRZ GR3 grips and doesn't spin at all it seems. (Love that car btw)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hey guys is it me or is accelerating in first gear out of corners waaaaay easier? Hmm depends on the car perhaps. The BRZ GR3 grips and doesn't spin at all it seems. (Love that car btw)
Yes, depends on the car, as well as each cars timing of physics of at which point you come out of the apex and weight shift. When you nail it, it feels so good, IRL and in game.

Zimmy68

Going to pick this up via the current sale.

I'm a sucker for the Digital Deluxe editions but everything is telling me not to pay the extra $20.
The $1 mil is nice but one measly bonus car? I would think they would throw in the launch goodies.

Also, can you play the same save on PS4 and PS5 (Highly doubt it but it would be nice).

Anything else I need to know?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Going to pick this up via the current sale.

I'm a sucker for the Digital Deluxe editions but everything is telling me not to pay the extra $20.
The $1 mil is nice but one measly bonus car? I would think they would throw in the launch goodies.

Also, can you play the same save on PS4 and PS5 (Highly doubt it but it would be nice).

Yes.

Con-Z-epT

I think you should be able to play it on PS4 and then take your save game to PS5. Not sure if there is real cross progression.

Otherwise have fun!

Zimmy68

Awesome. Great news.
Now I just have to decide if I should seek out the Launch edition physical or buy it on PSN via the sale. Same price.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Awesome. Great news.
Now I just have to decide if I should seek out the Launch edition physical or buy it on PSN via the sale. Same price.
Since it's mainly online, I would just go digital, personally.

Cross progression is in.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

The new TT is quite something. I applied the wide body kit, wider tires and all aero parts together with the spoiler. Then i reduced the weight as much as possible and tuned the engine closely over the allowed limit. Afterwards i added a bit of weight and power restriction to meet the requirements exactly.

Its much better now but i'm completely lost when it comes to the specifics in setup and the car desperately needs it.

Would be cool if some of you more versed tuners could give some suggestions in terms of suspension, differential and transmission.

sncvsrtoip

The new TT is quite something. I applied the wide body kit, wider tires and all aero parts together with the spoiler. Then i reduced the weight as much as possible and tuned the engine closely over the allowed limit. Afterwards i added a bit of weight and power restriction to meet the requirements exactly.

Its much better now but i'm completely lost when it comes to the specifics in setup and the car desperately needs it.

Would be cool if some of you more versed tuners could give some suggestions in terms of suspension, differential and transmission.
Mistah already did you can watch his stream and now Kie on it

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally hook my ps5 back up and start up GT7 excited to sell some cars. I have 11 Honda fits and after I sell one it tells me I can’t sell any more copies of this car today… do you mean to tell me that I can only sell one of each car per day?!?!?

Con-Z-epT

I finally hook my ps5 back up and start up GT7 excited to sell some cars. I have 11 Honda fits and after I sell one it tells me I can’t sell any more copies of this car today… do you mean to tell me that I can only sell one of each car per day?!?!?
Per 24h to be precise.

gt7 featured on DF's best 2022 graphics list..

As it should be. I envy the people that skipped GTS because GT7 is such a massive graphical upgrade compared to GT7. For us that were hooked on GTS, GT7 came as a bump in resolution so it wasnt this instant WOW effect but they added so many small details that made everything look better. Every time I boot it up Im amazed how good it looks. FORZA has come very close if not on the same level but GT always had the best/most realistic lighting that just made the game feel that much more real compared to the competition. Its not about the polygons, its the light reflections. The replays, especially the gifs are proof of that.

Con-Z-epT

As it should be. I envy the people that skipped GTS because GT7 is such a massive graphical upgrade compared to GT7. For us that were hooked on GTS, GT7 came as a bump in resolution so it wasnt this instant WOW effect but they added so many small details that made everything look better. Every time I boot it up Im amazed how good it looks. FORZA has come very close if not on the same level but GT always had the best/most realistic lighting that just made the game feel that much more real compared to the competition. Its not about the polygons, its the light reflections. The replays, especially the gifs are proof of that.
The motion blur they use is also incredible. Not enough credit for that. In general the game looks stunning in motion when everything plays together despite it's cross gen nature. Something that is hard to capture in static shots.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Man I was hooked on Sport but been playing 7 on my Pro.

Finally recieving a PS5 tomorrow so I'm very curious how that resolution bump will look!

And everyone was raving over how the dualsense gave so much more feedback and such so yeah, really curious!

Gonna set my teeth in the Nordschleife Circuit Experience today. One of the last ones besides the 2 rally courses i think.

Top Bottom