• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Details posted -4K/60FPS, HDR, ray-tracing

What I want to see is a true manual mode.

With the left adaptive trigger you control the clutch and with the right one the throttle. Thanks to the hd rumble you can hear the engine stall if you don't apply enough throttle when taking off.

I don't think this has ever been done before in a console game or any game of that matter.
Buy a wheel and an H-gate shifter if you want that. GTS has okay-ish clutch support for cars that actually have a clutch and you can even kill the engine (it's very forgiving, though), you can even clutch kick in GTS. Any decent PC sim has proper clutch support.

I wish either Forza or GT could match Driveclubs weather visuals. 6 years later and they're not even close.

Both games look and play far better than Driveclub. Perhaps in photo mode Driveclub looks better, but it has major image quality issues and very low resolution textures when compared to current Forza and GT games. I cannot understand how they are even comparable at this point.

RedVIper

Banned
Both games look and play far better than Driveclub. Perhaps in photo mode Driveclub looks better, but it has major image quality issues and very low resolution textures when compared to current Forza and GT games. I cannot understand how they are even comparable at this point.

I didn't say drive club looked better overall. I said the weather effects specifically look a lot better.

And yeah these games are running at 4k and drive club isn't so they obviously have higher image quality, but that wasn't my point.

Skifi28

What I want to see is a true manual mode.

With the left adaptive trigger you control the clutch and with the right one the throttle. Thanks to the hd rumble you can hear the engine stall if you don't apply enough throttle when taking off.

I don't think this has ever been done before in a console game or any game of that matter.

I'd rather have the left adaptive trigger for braking. I don't think you can do true manual on a controller in any acceptable maner.

I didn't say drive club looked better overall. I said the weather effects specifically look a lot better.

They were overdone to the point you couldn't see anything in 50% of the races. It was cool the first few times, but trying to finish the game I wanted to throw the people responsible for the weather effects and their implementation off a cliff.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
When has GT ever had a great sense of speed?

Well maybe GT1 and 2 lol
Even GT1 and GT2 were slow. That's why US and EU version are faster than the Japanese release. They made it slightly faster to appeal western customers. GT always had a limited sense of speed (except for the tunes cars, of course).

MastaKiiLA

Even GT1 and GT2 were slow. That's why US and EU version are faster than the Japanese release. They made it slightly faster to appeal western customers. GT always had a limited sense of speed (except for the tunes cars, of course).
I think the sense of speed is realistic. On racing circuits, you don't have many reference points close to the track. Driving fast actually doesn't feel that fast until you encounter slower cars, or decide to hit the brakes. Then you feel it. I'm not sure if the real driving simulator should be exaggerating the sense of speed through FOV trickery, or by creating unrealistic circuit designs. That's all my opinion.

I think if you compare videos of GT around the Nordshlief, and GT car footage from there, you'll see that the sense of speed is actually fairly accurate. I will note that the last time I looked was a long time ago, so I hope my memory is not failing me there.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
maxresdefault.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
:D
Flat lighting rendered in pristine native 4K lmfao

When did thelastword get an alt?

I think the sense of speed is realistic. On racing circuits, you don't have many reference points close to the track. Driving fast actually doesn't feel that fast until you encounter slower cars, or decide to hit the brakes. Then you feel it. I'm not sure if the real driving simulator should be exaggerating the sense of speed through FOV trickery, or by creating unrealistic circuit designs. That's all my opinion.

I think if you compare videos of GT around the Nordshlief, and GT car footage from there, you'll see that the sense of speed is actually fairly accurate. I will note that the last time I looked was a long time ago, so I hope my memory is not failing me there.
You’re absolutely correct. GT Sport’s sense of speed is as accurate as it gets and you can use plenty of real life footage on YT to compare and see it for yourself. Actually, there’s barely anything that isn’t accurate in GT Sport.

BRZBlue

Lots of racing games replicate speed very well without VR. It just seemed lacking to me. It may turn out great, but it was just observation.

Honestly, I've never played a game that accurately portrays speed and felt "fast". And I have a lot of seat-time IRL.

VertigoOA

Banned
Drive Club looks like shit in motion and needs the stars to align for its lighting model not to look like mud and only looked good post release in dlc tracks with actual weather implementation.

I enjoyed that game an epic shit ton as an arcade racer with tons of great track designs ... but... it never was this godsend of graphics it’s pretended to be and ran at a stutterry 30fps.

So let’s just shut up about drive club. GTS embarrasses Drive Club and that’s more accurate of a comparison...

jimbojim

Banned
This game will surely be slated for 2021 because already some details are popping up.

Last edited:

Unknown?

im kinda worried about the short development time from gt sport to gt7
What's so short about it? It's three years now. Same time between GT3 and 4 and GT5 and 6. Sport was 4 years but it was ready in 3, Sony just wanted a bigger car list so they delayed it a year. Now the cars are being outsorurced.

TBiddy

maxresdefault.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
:D
Flat lighting rendered in pristine native 4K lmfao

Did you notice how the lighting comes from different places? What an odd comparison to make. Also, the image quality in GT looks terrible in that image. I hope that's not indicative of how the game actually looks, because if so... jesus.

Unknown?

Did you notice how the lighting comes from different places? What an odd comparison to make. Also, the image quality in GT looks terrible in that image. I hope that's not indicative of how the game actually looks, because if so... jesus.
He was trolling a troll.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Forza-Motorsport-7-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Suzuka.png

Well yeah these files are compressed but it doesn't matter. GT Sport has that lighting jfl.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I love that every racing game thread on Neogaf evolves into a Driveclub nostalgia trip.

Started playing it again this year. Last time was yesterday in fact.
It holds up. The game is visually amazing and alive. My jaw drops in most races and I find myself shaking my head and smiling.

When you see pictures and videos where it looks average, its because it can't always look like a National Geographic tv show.
The sun, time of day and conditions are not always in the perfect spot. The same way that if I now look outside my window, everything looks grey and bland.

When people here say it does not look good anymore, they either haven't played it in years or they are talking about image quality and not visual quality (Anti-aliasing, jaggies etc).

Last edited:

JeloSWE

I think real 4k/60fps/raytracing will kill graphics fidelity this gen, hope some studios will try 1440p/30fps and insane graphics fidelity sometimes in next-gen, I'm curious what devs could do with so much power.
Why not go for 1080p 15fps, then we can have even more fidelity /S

But seriously, 60fps is the minimum in a racing game, I've never been able to get into a 30fps one so far and 120hz really makes a difference.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Driveclub looked crazy good because it ran at 30fps.

Also, GT games, for the most part, end up being visual showcases for the consoles they release on, even if they look pretty bad when they’re first shown off. GT Sport looked like a slightly better GT6 when first announced, but at release was easily one of the better looking games on PS4. I expect the visuals to improve a little more at the very least
That's very true! It also can be applied to many Japanize (Nintendo for example) games - they tend look better closer to release. Opposite to most western games.

scalman

it better be so damn good because GTS was not that good , just because it not have that much other racing game what to compare it to, with GT7 they should go back to roots and gives us full career mode as well then . still cars better be perfect detailed not like GTS cars

scalman

The last racing game I played, Burnout Paradise.
yh man not same style game i mean where its not open world where you buy cars and then do events race with those cars. we have horizon 4 which is still perfect open world racing game till now. and only next forza game seems like will bring it to next level because noone else can. and thats sad, if noone else can means no other mind blowing racing games are in the making.

Cycom

Banned
yh man not same style game i mean where its not open world where you buy cars and then do events race with those cars. we have horizon 4 which is still perfect open world racing game till now. and only next forza game seems like will bring it to next level because noone else can. and thats sad, if noone else can means no other mind blowing racing games are in the making.
Burnout Paradise is a racing game. Cars get damaged in this game. My point stands, even though burnout is a different kind of racing game than GT. Can’t make sense of the rest of your response.

scalman

Burnout Paradise is a racing game. Cars get damaged in this game. My point stands, even though burnout is a different kind of racing game than GT. Can’t make sense of the rest of your response.
arcade racing game and its so old that i duno .... i loved it but since then many years passed , now look at horion 4 man, arcade games with fake car model can do damage surem, because cars are not real. try it with real car models made very realistic and you see whats difference.GT5 has damage on first patches but they get rid of those kinda fastm but they where good ones..
knjE4ETheduYMMcVjBDYUWOO2uP6EENTuoqbIx2du08.jpg

HKS-CT230R-Damage.jpg

gran-turismo-5-intro-1.jpg

m0g1wfCZdDK3FJ0ExYC2nQHDe1EsrXlJ1V-Ie8an74FPmrzskH1nhe_vdRBayjtxo-szwOxlDTyx6T03JmlZk7rmPOg72xq1HI5ZwvUxexbkZ5KUvh5ifYsH8G-pVvgfMGM

those where fast patched and gt6 that i bought didint had any of those anymore ,... damn i must get some how that GT5 version without paches and try. i mean they had damage model , but they removed it later.

but now for me is cockpit view detailed and sound . and detailed means real time shadows like horizon3,4 has at least i mean. GTS just cant compare to horizon 4 cockpits no matter how detailed they are they just fail at lighting and shadows.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It needs to be 120fps. The frame rate matter the most in racing. It can be a real pretty 1080 and have a locked frame rate and it will be a better game for it.

Dibils2k

whats the point of Ray tracing in a racing game? racing games are literally the best case scenario for SSR

Maybe car reflection with RT would be cool

Top Bottom