• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Details posted -4K/60FPS, HDR, ray-tracing

My biggest take from the reveal trailer was the lack of a sense of speed. Racing games are tough to impress graphically anymore since they already look pretty phenomenal. But sense of speed is a must.

Puskas

Can you save your single player progress offline or will the series be known for DRM going forward?
Most likely not, as with GT Sport. Disappointed but not surprised.

Was looking forward to an all offline, single player GT Mode experience but fuck that now.

Where’s papa Greenawalt when you need him?

Last edited:

Filip JDM

Neo Member
- UI that would be embarrassing even as placeholder

whats wrong eith the UI? they had same type of UI since GT1 wll the way to GT4, its just going back to the original

it was so annoying that some people were calling it mobile game UI during PS5 presentation

Spokker

I never thought rumble was that important but as I have gotten into racing games more, it really helps with getting a sense of traction and knowing when to change gear. It was done well in Forza 7/Horizon.

It seems like this haptic controller crap might actually be good for racing games.

CrysisFreak

Banned
So they’ve finally caught up to the Forza 7 then lol.
maxresdefault.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
:D
Flat lighting rendered in pristine native 4K lmfao

NinjaBoiX

whats wrong eith the UI? they had same type of UI since GT1 wll the way to GT4, its just going back to the original

it was so annoying that some people were calling it mobile game UI during PS5 presentation
They’re just really cluttered and unintuitive.

And a cursor? Really? (GT5 was the last one I played, the menus were a headache to navigate).

mm928

Neo Member
I want all the original GT2 tracks... Deep Forest, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway, High Speed Ring, Red Rock Valley... all of them

I'm just tired of playing the same old Spa, Monza, Bathurst, Sonoma, etc... across all racing games.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Its great picking comparison shots to meet your fanboy needs isnt it?
Are you saying I'm cherrypicking?
Because I'm not. GT Sport is overall the better looking game.
The reason is simply lighting is much more important than resolution, always.
Now obviously Forza 7 is insane looking too. But if he comes into this thread with a disingenuous drive-by post he'll get treated accordingly.
Nothing personal.

BRZBlue

My biggest take from the reveal trailer was the lack of a sense of speed. Racing games are tough to impress graphically anymore since they already look pretty phenomenal. But sense of speed is a must.

Part of that is its tough to give an accurate sense of speed without being in VR. You either fudge some things in your engine, to exaggerate speed, or you keep things accurate to scale and vector and it doesn't look quite right on a screen.

80mph in a racing game at a circuit track can seem slow. 80mph in real life at the same circuit track can feel absolutely frightening. GT-Sport with VR is a very different experience from non VR. Its a LOT closer to real-life as far as sightlines and head movement.

Part of that is its tough to give an accurate sense of speed without being in VR. You either fudge some things in your engine, to exaggerate speed, or you keep things accurate to scale and vector and it doesn't look quite right on a screen.

80mph in a racing game at a circuit track can seem slow. 80mph in real life at the same circuit track can feel absolutely frightening. GT-Sport with VR is a very different experience from non VR. Its a LOT closer to real-life as far as sightlines and head movement.
Lots of racing games replicate speed very well without VR. It just seemed lacking to me. It may turn out great, but it was just observation.

watchvoz-o74smtsq-00001kvf.jpg

No ambient occlusion, low poly models everywhere, barely any gras and textures that look like they're from a PS3 game... this screenshot is taken from the official reveal trailer (at 0:29).

I love Gran Turismo! Been playing this franchise since the 90s and am really looking forward to 7, it's a day 1 purchase for me, but this is in no way a next gen racing game. It's obvious that this was meant to come out on PS4 but was moved over to PS5 (maybe we'll see a PS4 version, wouldn't surprise me).

You all would have a field day with this game if it were the next Forza.

Senua

No ambient occlusion, low poly models everywhere, barely any gras and textures that look like they're from a PS3 game... this screenshot is taken from the official reveal trailer (at 0:29).

I love Gran Turismo! Been playing this franchise since the 90s and am really looking forward to 7, it's a day 1 purchase for me, but this is in no way a next gen racing game. It's obvious that this was meant to come out on PS4 but was moved over to PS5 (maybe we'll see a PS4 version, wouldn't surprise me).

I must add that GT sport looked like shite in early trailers compared to how it released like, don't give up hope!!!!11

Klik

This is probably just an updated version of GT Sport with a few more tracks & cars.

I'd really like them to overhaul Sport mode and give people more than 3 choices for the daily (weekly) races.

Do we still not have a release date?
Gr3 races should be standard every week. And then add 3 different daily races

I hope to goodness they don’t go DRM

The Real Driving Simulator:
Explore all that the Real Driving Simulator can be with new tools to help you put your own mark on your driving experiences.

Dream garage:
Collect, tune, race and customize hundreds of cars and create your dream garage collection.*

*Internet required for most functionality.

Now picture 2013 and Sony's only gaming IP that sold 10 million+ is forcing gamers to connect to their servers for single player features that were traditionally offline in the past.

Unlike most people from DRM-gate in 2013, I'm actually consistent with my views. I will be skipping out on this & PS5 in general for most, if not all of next gen.

Tranquil

I love that more games are being released with a 60 fps option. Really can't stand 30fps makes me feel light headed.

tmlDan

Now picture 2013 and Sony's only gaming IP that sold 10 million+ is forcing gamers to connect to their servers for single player features that were traditionally offline in the past.

Unlike most people from DRM-gate in 2013, I'm actually consistent with my views. I will be skipping out on this & PS5 in general for most, if not all of next gen.
see ya later grandpa!

Online is the future :)

Pantz

Gold Member
Load times never really bothered me but thinking about it, racing games can really use some faster load times. Going from race to race or browsing cars and especially custom designs.

LostDonkey

Hmmm reading the actual blog it says "Support" for 4K and a "targeted" 60fps.

After R&C now wouldn't be surprised if this was dynamic as well.

Why wouldn't they just say native 4k to avoid any confusion.

zombrex

Fast load times won't matter if they don't shell out some money and speed up the servers.
Browsing the custom content like car liveries and screenshots is painfully slow due to the totally woeful servers they are using.

Type_Raver

All sounds great, haptic feedback is cute. But sim racers will be using a superior wheel pedal set-up.

I mostly welcome back the traditional lobby and single player content!

DavidGzz

Sounds awesome but I wish PD would make a Horizon style game cause I like my racers to be more arcadey.

Filip JDM

Neo Member
They’re just really cluttered and unintuitive.

And a cursor? Really? (GT5 was the last one I played, the menus were a headache to navigate).
cursor was a thing from beginning of gt, needs some time to get used to it, I didnt play GT4 much, but from what i remember it was alright

GT5 UI really was a mess, you're right there, worst in the series imo

Dr.Morris79

Am I going mad or can you not buy the digital version of GT6 on the ps3 anymore? Or was it never on sale..? :/

I set up my old Ps3 wednesday and seeing this thread made me want check

Calverz

Fuck sake.....i hated the grass/gravel textures in sport and disappointing to see its been virtually untouched.

Hmmm reading the actual blog it says "Support" for 4K and a "targeted" 60fps.

After R&C now wouldn't be surprised if this was dynamic as well.

Why wouldn't they just say native 4k to avoid any confusion.

Dynamic 4K or 4K using upscaling tech is infinitely preferable especially as ut's impossible to spot the difference without an 800% zoom. But you get 30% more performance than native.

Tarin02543

What I want to see is a true manual mode.

With the left adaptive trigger you control the clutch and with the right one the throttle. Thanks to the hd rumble you can hear the engine stall if you don't apply enough throttle when taking off.

I don't think this has ever been done before in a console game or any game of that matter.

Top Bottom