• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grade the Microsoft Conference

Grade the Microsoft conference

• A

Votes: 266 24.1%
  • B

Votes: 373 33.8%
  • C

Votes: 336 30.5%
  • D

Votes: 128 11.6%

• Total voters

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Terrible. How Microsoft, with their resources, has managed to have almost zero AAA exclusives in 2021 is baffling. A bunch of indie level games, some 3rd party titles and another freaking Halo is appalling. They are falling further and further behind Sony, which is not really pumping out that many games.

DavidGzz

Terrible. How Microsoft, with their resources, has managed to have almost zero AAA exclusives in 2021 is baffling. A bunch of indie level games, some 3rd party titles and another freaking Halo is appalling. They are falling further and further behind Sony, which is not really pumping out that many games.

Yeah, Halo, FH5, Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, The Ascent etc all on Game Pass is soo bad. Better than Sony this year. Better luck next year.

johnjohn

One of the best E3 conferences ever, Xbox absolutely nailed it. I have never had this many games to look forward to after an E3 presentation before.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

This conference was so good that almost all of my real life Xbox 360 friends who jumped ship to PS4 are coming back to Xbox.
Even just xbox live friends I havent talked to in years are getting back in touch and getting excited for the upcoming Halo and BF2042.

I even saw MS has a brand new TV ad campaign running on the NBA playoffs tonight - showing clips from this years conference.
Xbox is back, no doubt.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
What I find truly remarkable is that in a single morning Microsoft went from having no games, to making Nintendo and Sony look like they have no games.

Goes to show how quickly things can change.

This is exactly why no game company can ever become complacent, history has shown the winds of change can affect things quickly. Imagine 7 years from now, ms has bought Sega and 3 or 4 more small studios.
Everything on gamepass, including ea sports day 1. Xbox streaming gets better, and is on every TV. Streaming stick is out with controller for 70.

Nintendo Switch 2 is releasing, a revamped dlss and tech upgrades allow for a very powerfull docking portable. Nintendo has a strong lineup.

Google decides its done fooling around buys ubisoft and some other studios. Starts preparing in 2023, pumps billions into a new, powerfull console. Console has built in mini fridge. Decides to sell it at a big loss. Sells games for $50.

All of the sudden, Sony has its hands full, they cannot sit still.

Last edited:

JoeBudden

Not really. Two of the guys on the review/reaction panel were from their Xbox show. The third co-host from their Xbox show is actually hosting the extended Microsoft event lol.

Tim said he's still expecting greatness, it's just that he's not expecting a God of War 2018-esque reboot from 343 for Halo anymore. He pretty much said that's both good and bad.

TheGrat1

The thing I disliked is that only what? 2 or 3 games said they were running on Series X. Everything else, if it was gameplay, was usually said to be in-engine. I really hate that. In-engine footage running on a PC with mystery specs doe not get me hyped, I have been conditioned to expect downgrades in that situation.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Yeah, Halo, FH5, Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, The Ascent etc all on Game Pass is soo bad. Better than Sony this year. Better luck next year.
Hey, if another racing game and another shooter does it for you, great! Glad you’re excited. Psychonauts could be cool, I’ll grant you. No Fable, No Alan Wake, No Starfield, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Banjo… but you’re right, who cares? They have the new Flight Sim, which will be GOTY…

Top Bottom