• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTYpicks Blog 2019 Disscussion

Is anyone here on Era? Was wondering if you could post this award in their thread

ethomaz

Banned
Is anyone here on Era? Was wondering if you could post this award in their thread

I don't think most here post on ERA.
But let's up the topic to see if anybody can help you.

Last edited:
I don't think most here post on ERA.
But let's up the topic to see if anybody can help you.
I see someone over there posted it. I just know the person who runs that awards blog checks that thread on ERA for awards that they might've missed and they hadn't added this one until someone over there posted it.

IIRC, Gotypicks blog last year declared a winner of 2018 around 20th Feb. So, winner announcement soon?
Not likely. In past years the winner was so far ahead that was easy to do at this point. Right now Death Stranding is only ahead of RE2 by 4 awards. With still a handful to come RE2 could still take it if it wins most of them which means that blog may not put the winner up until April or May.

So, BAFTA and GDC remains as one of the biggest awards. In BAFTA neither RE2 and DS are nominated, while in GDC awards DS is nominated, RE2 isn't.

HWM+HardZone Tech Awards - Sekiro won
SXSW - Neither RE2 or DS are nominated
NAVGTR - Sekiro won
Game Developers Awards - Delayed. Only DS is nominated
BAFTA - Neither RE2 or DS are nominated
Game Industry News Readers' Choice - They gave their site GotY back in December. So, it doesn't seem like a Readers' pick will happen
Italian Video Game Awards and Readers - Site says "Coming Soon", but their Facebook hasn't had anything new posted since last June.

Probably that's it for 2019.

So, BAFTA and GDC remains as one of the biggest awards. In BAFTA neither RE2 and DS are nominated, while in GDC awards DS is nominated, RE2 isn't.

HWM+HardZone Tech Awards - Sekiro won
SXSW - Neither RE2 or DS are nominated
NAVGTR - Sekiro won
Game Developers Awards - Delayed. Only DS is nominated
BAFTA - Neither RE2 or DS are nominated
Game Industry News Readers' Choice - They gave their site GotY back in December. So, it doesn't seem like a Readers' pick will happen
Italian Video Game Awards and Readers - Site says "Coming Soon", but their Facebook hasn't had anything new posted since last June.

Probably that's it for 2019.
The GDC Awards actually aren't delayed. They said they would air them on Twitch next week:

"We also intend to stream a set of these GDC 2020 talks and the Independent Games Festival and Game Developers Choice Awards via Twitch during the week that the event would have taken place in San Francisco (March 16th to 20th), so that our community can continue to honor & celebrate its best games."

No idea currently what SXSW plans to do about their awards. Either way I think Death Stranding has this.

Last edited:
The GDC Awards actually aren't delayed. They said they would air them on Twitch next week:

"We also intend to stream a set of these GDC 2020 talks and the Independent Games Festival and Game Developers Choice Awards via Twitch during the week that the event would have taken place in San Francisco (March 16th to 20th), so that our community can continue to honor & celebrate its best games."

No idea currently what SXSW plans to do about their awards. Either way I think Death Stranding has this.

I see

Hey Poor Player GOTY: Resident Evil 2 (Has been counted in previous years)

Resident Evil 2 got 2 more awards. Now it is at 78
It would be at 79 if that blog owner added this award that I posted here. It has been counted in previous years.

Last edited:
It wou

It would be at 79 if that blog owner added this award that I posted here. It has been counted in previous years.

You literally posted the same site twice. Calm down.

ethomaz

Banned
So much time but not tentar many updates.

Added.

HWM+HardwareZone.com Tech Awards (SG) : Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

NAVGTR Awards (US) : Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Sector Readers' Choice (SK) : Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC

PlayDome Readers' Choice (HU) : Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Game Developers Choice Awards (US) : Untitled Goose Game

SXSW Gaming Awards (US) : Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Hobby Consolas Readers' Choice (ES) : Resident Evil 2

LUDI Awards (RU) : Resident Evil 2

BAFTA Awards (UK) : Outer Wilds

Last edited:
Game Industry News GOTY: The Outer Worlds

It's interesting to see how all unheard off/irrelevant sites pick Death Stranding.
Conspiracy theory .eh ?

Anyways game of the year blog has a criteria and they r using the same sites year after year.

Congrats to death stranding and also RE2 remake

But real winner was control haha

ethomaz

Banned
New season has started. Since there is no new thread, will post it here. Anyway, this will be a good year for TLOU 2 :

I have a health checkup tomorrow so
If nobody creates until I’m back then I can create the new thread.

BTW he moved to a new site.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Final update.
Death Stranding just put 10 more awards at the end.

Top Bottom