• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights | Review Thread

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
This looked mediocre from the very first gameplay reveal and every subsequent vid only reinforced that, no 60 FPS was the cherry on top, good riddance.

II_JumPeR_I

EA had Anthem. Square Enix had The Avengers. Now Warner has this. Hopefully they learn from this. Should have been a single player heavily story focused game. They've effectively ruined Batman exactly how EA ruined Dead Space. I'm worried about Suicide Squad as well.
Coop isnt a bad thing, wish folks could just not play the Coop if they dont like it. Singleplayer only wouldnt make this game any better.

The problem is just this terrible annoying and barren Open World obsession with mediocre content in it. On top of that maybe a shit Story.

Topher

Gold Member
I mean......the scores are not bad.

PS5: 70
PC: 64
Xbox: 68

Certainly not great. Just.....ok-ish. But still, it will flop commercially because no one wants to pay full price for ok-ish. It will be $30 in no time.

Topher

Gold Member
Meaning that they're a bunch of shill fucks who'll say anything to keep the free stuff flowing...I suppose.

I wouldn't say so. The average is around 70. The majority of the reviews are within 10 points of that either way. You've got a few scores 85 and above. But more below 60. Seems like a perfectly normal distribution.

BabyYoda

Banned
If most of the paid shills thought it was lackluster, then it's truly diabolical!

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Will wait for a few weeks/months until the game is patched better before trying. Too many other games to keep me occupied right now anyway.

Luipadre

• ShillUp doesn’t recommend
  • IGN 5/10
  • Gamespot 4/10
You know things are dire when even IGN gives that kind of scores.

Game runs bad on a 4090 for fucks sake, what are you doing?

Unoptimised dumpster fire and the devs should be ashamed.
bbbbut i heard the consoles are weak and thats why this is 30 fps only and not because of the shit optimization

• ShillUp doesn’t recommend
  • IGN 5/10
  • Gamespot 4/10
You know things are dire when even IGN gives that kind of scores.

Game runs bad on a 4090 for fucks sake, what are you doing?

Unoptimised dumpster fire and the devs should be ashamed.

Wow. How bad must this game be when IGN and Gamespot actually have to use their full scale and not just 7-10 like they normally do?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Gamers Heroes - Blaine Smith - 95 / 100

Gotham Knights is up there with Elden Ring as a Game of the Year contender.

Wow.
If you ever wondered what a paid shill actually looked like......wonder no more.

SzZ2j8L.png

LLTt03n.png

5602VjU.png

This is almost trolling levels of groveling to a publisher.
The Medium isnt a bad game.....but it certainly isnt a GOTY contender title with a score of 95.
Babylons Fall is straight up bad, this cat gives it an 80?

Its understandable....he owns the website, so better to make publishers happy and get games early and get that paycheck.
But absolutely should be banned from metacritic weighings.

Last edited:
Avengers template reverted but not enough to still leave it as a soulless product. A shame, when it was first shown I thought it was something I might buy but I’ll pass.

Fbh

About as expected.
Still sounds like it should be fun enough as an open world coop game....once it's $20 (probably in a few months)

Cyborg

6.7 on Metacritic.. seems like a mediocre game. It is painful to read that a 7-year-old Batman game looks better than this.

Topher

Gold Member
If you ever wondered what a paid shill actually looked like......wonder no more.

SzZ2j8L.png

LLTt03n.png

5602VjU.png

This is almost trolling levels of groveling to a publisher.
The Medium isnt a bad game.....but it certainly isnt a GOTY contender title with a score of 95.
Babylons Fall is straight up bad, this cat gives it an 80?

Its understandable....he owns the website, so better to make publishers happy and get games early and get that paycheck.
But absolutely should be banned from metacritic weighings.

Metacritic really should have better standards. Any jackass can throw up a word press site with a cool looking theme and slap the "journalist" label under their name. This is one such example.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Definitely not bad scores but certainly indicative of what you should probably be paying for it which is probably around 30.

Top Bottom