• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights Has Problems Beyond 30FPS - DF Tech Review - All Consoles Tested

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Shadow of Mordor PS3 vibes

elrond-i-was-there.gif

I tried to put in genuine time in the PS3 version of that game.

Never again will I put myself through that kind of torture.

Last edited:

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sounds like he got the short stick and didn't enjoy analysing it. Glad he compared against Arkham it looks a generation ahead LMAO.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

I actually prefer the aesthetic of Gotham Knights but I'd also take a Tim Burton style Batman over the Dark Knight ones.

Performance is inexcusable though.

Pimpbaa

Arkham Origins was alright, dunno how they went from that to this. Hopefully that Suicide Squad game from Rocksteady will be awesome.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Arkham Origins was alright, dunno how they went from that to this. Hopefully that Suicide Squad game from Rocksteady will be awesome.
Should have just made a Batman game that was a sequel to origins where you got Arkham asylum back up and put the super criminals in there for the first time

DaGwaphics

Should have just made a Batman game that was a sequel to origins where you got Arkham asylum back up and put the super criminals in there for the first time

Yeah, one would think a Batman game with Batman would be an easier sell at the end of the day. Although I could think like that just because I'm not as familiar with the smaller DC characters outside of Batman, Superman, The Flash etc.

I'm a sucker for these Super Hero games though, so, I'm sure I'll give this one a go at some point. I'll give them some time to get some patches done and get myself a good discount.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Green Man Gaming are sitting on the keys until launch.
Steam says:
This game will unlock in approximately 12 hours

I will see how this runs on my 1080 GTX. I am a little worried. May have to put it on my laptop with the 3070 RTX.

Last edited:

op22

Eh, if I can't play as Batman or Joker, I don't care if it runs at a million frames per second at a better resolution than human eyes can comprehend. I would rather play as Alfred on Sega Genesis than any of these four clowns on a 4090.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
just stumbled across this on Reddit lol

I have no doubt this started out as a live service game but they made a hard pivot fairly late into development. Literally everything in this game is built around the concept - the 15 different currencies, the grindy nature of the gameplay, levels, damage numbers, outfit customization, co-op play, legacy dungeons but super shallow open world, loot crates, gear scores, crafting, the list goes on.

This was going to be DC's version of The Avengers untill, you know... The Avengers actually happened, completely tanked and someone in the WB Games office said "well shit, what can we do to salvage this without causing a controversy". So they cut their losses, took out the thing they thought was going to make them a billion dollars, axed the last-gen versions, spent as little time on optimization as needed and pushed it out the door.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No wonder the last gen versions were cancelled, they were probably heading toward a CP2077 situation. Which makes no sense given how utterly unimpressive this looks, but I guess the game is just an unoptimized mess.

It's incredible how much better the generation-old UE3 game AK looks (and runs). This is just pathetic.

(If I sound bitter it's because I love the Arkham games, and this seems to be completely ruining that legacy. It's sad.)

Top Bottom