• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got the day booked to build my new PC......

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Check out this cable management!

Oh baby! ❤️

No51SxT.jpg

Beechos

Congrats. Good thing you set aside the day for this because youll need it. I guess make sure you discharge yourself of any static first and dont put globs of thermal paste on your cpu/cooler. Othere than that everything else is pretty straight foward. Also what is this word "sussed" lol

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just a quick update to let you all know, I’ve now run 6 hours of bit test, ran cinebench and memtest. 0 errors and it’s running like an absolute dream, this thing is a beast.

the speed it installs etc is just insane with these NVMEs. Can’t wait for direct storage and my 40 series card. Want to treat myself to a new monitor but not sure on which model yet.

im set for the next 5 years, will just update gpus As required.
back to Elden ring! :D

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
yeah! nice!
This prompts me to show of my setup and hopefully change the track of this topic. I dont want to argue anymore. People get my pc hate too literally just the older I get, the more "ignorance is bliss" attitude feels nice when gaming on a console :p
QeAs2aH.jpg

iospKqO.jpg

rs2Z7Wh.jpg

I have my screenshots set on rotate every 2 minutes!
I never get tired of seeing your setup. Always looking great. Not the biggest or flashiest but it's cozy.
Congrats to op for their awesome new rig. I'm jealous.

OZ9000

Banned
yeah! nice!
This prompts me to show of my setup and hopefully change the track of this topic. I dont want to argue anymore. People get my pc hate too literally just the older I get, the more "ignorance is bliss" attitude feels nice when gaming on a console :p
QeAs2aH.jpg

iospKqO.jpg

rs2Z7Wh.jpg

I have my screenshots set on rotate every 2 minutes!
Do you use the LG as a PC monitor? Any burn in?

rofif

Banned
Do you use the LG as a PC monitor? Any burn in?
For pc and ps5.
Just hit 2k hours last week on it since the tv does pixel cleaning every 2k hours.

No burn in at all. No other changes in picture quality either.
I am using 50 oled pixel light setting in sdr (close to proper 120 nits for sdr) on desktop. I also have wallpaper randomiser and black screensaver.
But any gaming and movies is done in hdr on full blast. No tricks.

OZ9000

Banned
For pc and ps5.
Just hit 2k hours last week on it since the tv does pixel cleaning every 2k hours.

No burn in at all. No other changes in picture quality either.
I am using 50 oled pixel light setting in sdr (close to proper 120 nits for sdr) on desktop. I also have wallpaper randomiser and black screensaver.
But any gaming and movies is done in hdr on full blast. No tricks.
Is your PC usage mostly gaming or does this include productivity work (eg word/internet etc) where static content is always present?

rofif

Banned
Is your PC usage mostly gaming or does this include productivity work (eg word/internet etc) where static content is always present?
I don't work in home.
Also, I don't game as much as I think I should :p A lot of twitch, yt and browsing.
The only change is autohide start taskbar

Top Bottom