• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got banned from Tinder because of... have no idea

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Yeah, yeah, Tinder sucks yada yada... Not really to say that, but mostly to argue about how the algorithm works

Since 2014 I use Tinder here and there. I create an account, use it for some time, delete it to have more focus on my life or just to erase past matches (that mostly goes nowhere), and some time later I redo all those steps. Lots of people do that and it was fine, at least for a while

So I'm straight male looking for girls. Back in the day was choosing this and you mostly find girls on it. Like all online platforms, there's trolls, fakes, couples and whatever, but I considered a minor issue and everything was ok. Since maybe the past two or so years there's a bunch of trans that signed in, then Tinder inserted the "trans" option to choose to a person to identify itself, but not for those who are looking. Ok, not a big issue. Even thou increased the number of them, they're still a minority, and most of them inserted that are transgender, so just a swipe left and it's fine. But then came the gay guys, and they're passing as girls to get matches, and this increased a lot, and I meant a really lot. Every 10 profiles, four are guys. It became bullshit

The app doesn't care if you choose to be only seeing by girls, or to have a better validation of profile and don't mix everything, even thou requires to say what you are

Today is the last day of the year, and since I live in a touristic city, I wanted to download Tinder again to get some. Who's single and doesn't do that?! Then I discovered that I got banned, and I have no idea why. Just says that I'm not "with the guidelines" or something. I guess it's because of the *creates, erases it, creates" thing, since I deleted this wednesday and maybe they considered me as a bot. Don't know, but I definitely care. Didn't do anything wrong with it, so I really want this reverted... and because I suck at getting a girl in a bar or something

potato.jpg

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Tinder, lol

I got head from a scummy fat girl on Tinder who won't leave me alone. She left her fucking pants at my house somehow and I think she's using that as an excuse to come back over.

Stage 5 clinger for sure. Best head I've ever gotten in my life and if she wasn't trying to be in a relationship with me I'd still be rollin with that.

I'm in a weird long distance relationship sort of thing now though so I don't think I'd fuck other females. I have permission too, but I don't really want to.

But yeah Tinder is great for sex, not so great for actual relationshits. The people on tinder are usually grimey. Myself included.

Another time, I went limp in this girls mouth because I opened my eyes and fantasies we're ruined, so I just said she wasn't good at it, masturbated, went and ate pizza rolls and played video games and left her in my bed. It was good times..

Last edited:
Aside from the odd second paragraph tangent, did you break any of these rules?

https://policies.tinder.com/community-guidelines/intl/en

It looks like you might qualify under this depending on the length of time

Account Dormancy

Tinder is fun to use... all the time! Use Tinder at the lake, use Tinder while eating cake. Use Tinder when you’re out, use Tinder when in doubt! But, if you don’t log in to your Tinder account in 2 years, we may delete your account for inactivity.

People get banned from this app without knowing why. Tinder sucks at reversing bans, it’s not even worth trying.
I need more concrete evidence of this. They have a TOS and guidelines section explaining exactly how a person can get banned and/or have their account deleted.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Aside from the odd second paragraph tangent, did you break any of these rules?

https://policies.tinder.com/community-guidelines/intl/en

It looks like you might qualify under this depending on the length of time
I used the app like hell. If I couldn't use for real, I deleted myself. And wasn't like I didn't use for two years, it was something around a week max

Like I said, I was using, everything normal, then I deleted. A few days later a installed again and I saw a "fuck you" from Tinder

Already sent a message to them. Hope they send something to at least explain. I mean, I could get another phone number and create another account easily, but I find it shitty behavior from them

I need more concrete evidence of this. They have a TOS and guidelines section explaining exactly how a person can get banned and/or have their account deleted.

That’s what you get referred to, but the violation is explained generically and not specifically. Imo they have bugs or poorly solved out solutions for identifying duplicate, bot (location based), fake and cheater accounts that people get wrapped up in. They also have poor moderation where reports are banned without investigation.

The point is that they are far from a situation where you only legitimtely violate the rules and get banned. If you ask for any specific reason you won’t get one because the appealers don’t investigate, they just roll with whatever the violation says.

anthony2690

Banned
Uni girls don't want to bonk you man, or see your willy :p (I'm sure if we saw ops sent messages we would see why he was banned) hehe

I met a uni girl once many many many years ago off tinder, I really wasn't in the mood, it was like 2am, she wasn't taking no for answer though.

I lived in the city centre, so afterwards she would occasionally ask to come round, and it was always at silly times in the morning and she would always want fun, but I was always too tired.

Then she said I never seem that interested and one day stopped asking/talking & that was the end of my brief time on tinder. (Oh and one girl I spoke too appeared on some channel 4 naked TV show what she seemed really proud off, so that was a easy pass)

That being said, I've been in a relationship for about 6 years now, live with my current partner and we met on Xbox, she saw the size of my gamerscore and couldn't resist.

Joking aside, I didn't really expect anything to happen, as it's bloody Xbox, but low and behold she suggested coming to see me and and we had a nice time and would hang out over several months before it became anything official. :)

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I've had the privilege of haven gone on a fuck spree through tinder. But 2 years ago I deleted the app. So much fake shit and shit. You have to be a certain person to use these apps and I'm not one of them and happy for it

nush

Gold Member
I got head from a scummy fat girl on Tinder who won't leave me alone. She left her fucking pants at my house somehow and I think she's using that as an excuse to come back over.

Your mistake was shitting where you eat. always best to go to their place and don't drop any detailed information about where you live and work, keep it vague. I got fatfished one time, fortunately it's a universal constant that big girls are a good lay. The easiest way to get out of that was to just take one for the team and bail, I was there with my boner anyway. Anyway, she was weird and throwing a pity party when I arrived, not like how she'd been on the app.

So I was slow ghosting her for the next couple of day and got hit with "I love you", I smashed the block button with lighting speed. That's the type of bunny boiler that would just turn up outside your home or work if she knew where they were.

giphy.gif

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
You often get better success when you use a countries local dating app.

[/URL]
Badoo have basically only ugly woman, so I don't use it. Happn has too little of a number of girls, so is like three matches for month, still I use it. OkCupid is basically dead, so I used only when was kinda popular. Other sites are obligatory paying, so it's a no. Tinder is the best we have today, unfortunately

And I received the e-mail, but saying that I have no choice to coming back.

Thanks for writing in. Please understand that if your account has been banned for violating our Terms of Use or Community Guidelines; we do not offer an appeals process at this time.

The safety of our community is a top priority, and we take violations of our policies very seriously. Your account will remain banned from Tinder, and you will not be able to create a new Tinder profile using your Facebook account and/or phone number.

This is bullshit. I hope other app appears and they go to hell

Hugare

Badoo have basically only ugly woman, so I don't use it. Happn has too little of a number of girls, so is like three matches for month, still I use it. OkCupid is basically dead, so I used only when was kinda popular. Other sites are obligatory paying, so it's a no. Tinder is the best we have today, unfortunately

And I received the e-mail, but saying that I have no choice to coming back.

Thanks for writing in. Please understand that if your account has been banned for violating our Terms of Use or Community Guidelines; we do not offer an appeals process at this time.

The safety of our community is a top priority, and we take violations of our policies very seriously. Your account will remain banned from Tinder, and you will not be able to create a new Tinder profile using your Facebook account and/or phone number.

This is bullshit. I hope other app appears and they go to hell
Use Bumble (sou brasileiro também)

Found 2 girlfriends there (ex and current)

By far the best app with the best girls to talk to. Met tons of amazing girls there that I'm friend with to this day.

Tinder is bad. Badoo and Happn are rven worse.

Inner Circle is good, but its mainly for rich/superficial people.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Another time, I went limp in this girls mouth because I opened my eyes and fantasies we're ruined, so I just said she wasn't good at it, masturbated, went and ate pizza rolls and played video games and left her in my bed. It was good times..
Oh German Hops, you hopeless romantic! 😃

Top Bottom