• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google: Stadia exclusives to have features “not possible” on home hardware From thousands of on-screen soldiers to Duplex-powered "believable human..

NickFire

Yeah, this is the first interesting thing I've heard about Stadia.

But in reality, who's going to make a game that depends that substantially on Google's backend to work? It'd be unportable to any other platform, including PC.

The only games that could be expected to do any of this would be Stadia exclusives. I'm not holding my breath.
Spot on. From my vantage point the gaming audience as a whole is being told, indirectly, that if we make Google a major player we will be rewarded in a few years with awesome new experiences. But what is the downside if that never happens? And at what cost over those several years?

johntown

Banned
Seems like we have heard this before (power of the cloud). Not saying it cannot happen but as other have said I will believe it when I see it. Even if they do pull something off that looks amazing the actual game has to be something I actually want to play. Graphics aren't everything especially these days.

You can make a piece of crap look amazing but that does not mean I have any interest in it.

Nero_PR

Banned
Phil Harrison never will be someone will want to rely on. The guy jumps the ship at the first signs that his business will sink

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Stadia E3 conference next year:

ShamefulAnguishedChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, this is the first interesting thing I've heard about Stadia.

But in reality, who's going to make a game that depends that substantially on Google's backend to work? It'd be unportable to any other platform, including PC.

The only games that could be expected to do any of this would be Stadia exclusives. I'm not holding my breath.
This is the sole reason game streaming won't work for hardcore gamers, same reason electric cars couldn't sell to petrol heads, hardcore gamers like me we tend to need the hardware just the feeling that I've got a ps5 with this much processing is enough to be satisfied than playing online

and even worse the gap of framerates and resolutions has declined and will be forgotten when next gen consoles are out, nowadays 1080p 30 is already normal so I don't see why I should buy into the cloud streaming stuff, and lastly all my important exclusives are on consoles my friends grew up with the same consoles I play so goodluck.

Top Bottom