• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Stadia 2021 - Before You Buy

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Google Stadia is still going so we decided to take a second look at Google's streaming platform. Here we take a look at general improvements, new content, features, and more.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm guessing it's the internet but those games are choppy as hell. I don't have a RTX card yet so it would be a cheap way to get access to RTX games.

I got gigabit internet speed so maybe it's a good choice. I don't like that he doesn't mention the input lag much if at all

The moment Cyberpunk gets into actual combat rather than slow paced walking there is stuttering and pauses every second or two. Unplayable for FPS or fighting games and that's with a USA 200Mb connection the reviewer is on. I can't fathom what that would be like from Australia.

Interesting tech that is still not ready for international prime time. Fun to play on the go or "slow paced" games but for anything immersive or competitive I'd never choose to play with that much stutter or latency.

EDIT: Given the nature and ways to approach combat in Cyberpunk for those not buying a PC or console this could bring them into the game for cheap. Same goes for any streaming service though e.g. xCloud/gamepass ultimate which is a better offering anyhow.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
That cyberpunk segment (at min 3+) was stuttering the whole time with a 100mbit connection and don´t you need to have the official controller + chromecast to have the best response time (delay)?

Top Bottom