• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google says you might have to wait to play Stadia, even if you preorder

lol read this, from their website (imagine one of those super fast advert voices):

⁵Gameplay experience and features (including 4K, HDR, 60 FPS, and 5.1 surround sound) are service-, network-, device-, and game-dependent, and may not be available for all games in all areas. 4K-capable HDTV and high-speed broadband internet connection required to play in 4K. Google Chromecast Ultra required to play on TV. 4K, 60 FPS, HDR, and 5.1 surround sound only available to Stadia Pro subscribers. Non-subscribers may experience up to 1080p and 60 FPS.

This is some of the stupidest gaming related shit I've ever read. And I read NeoGAF.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
urgh Google.

get your shit together. you are a multi bullion $ company. there is no excuses. how hard it is to make some more chromecasts and a controller? if the actual infrastructure isn't ready then delay it.

i was kinda excited for Stadia but the more i hear now the less i want it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Can't ppl just use it with an Xbox controller and a chromcast or pc?

Won't the server go live at a set time?

Katsura

lol read this, from their website (imagine one of those super fast advert voices):

⁵Gameplay experience and features (including 4K, HDR, 60 FPS, and 5.1 surround sound) are service-, network-, device-, and game-dependent, and may not be available for all games in all areas. 4K-capable HDTV and high-speed broadband internet connection required to play in 4K. Google Chromecast Ultra required to play on TV. 4K, 60 FPS, HDR, and 5.1 surround sound only available to Stadia Pro subscribers. Non-subscribers may experience up to 1080p and 60 FPS.

This is some of the stupidest gaming related shit I've ever read. And I read NeoGAF.
Does it come with blast processing though?

MiguelItUp

Oof, definitely not a positive first impression. Especially for those that preordered and really care about the system.

mejin

Jwg0GTH.gif

H4ze

I pre-ordered right after the conference when they first announced it, you bitches better ship me my shit day one

DESTROYA

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
The big issue here is you have to pay for the 'system' and also a monthly fee. It's not subscription based. You still have to pay FULL price for some games. I don't see the benefit.

johntown

Banned
Not a good start for consumer confidence. People are already wary of this since Google kills major projects all the time. This in itself is enough for me to keep away from this as it will most likely end up being another failed Google project. Then what happens to everything you paid for?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when you have more money than God you can apparently just half ass your way through these things and if you lose tens of millions of dollars in the process, oh well!

Look at this bullshit.

not available for all games in all areas - a cop out when games don't play as well as they should
High-speed broadband internet connection - how 'high-speed' is 'high-speed'? I want to see some hard figures
Google chromecast ultra required to play on TV - what if my TV if 4k, uhd but doesn't support google chromecast ultra?

The real life people, not the shills and not the corporate ball washers, that are pre-ordering this device need medically examining. They are one breakdown away from going shooty in public.

NickFire

They aren't even selling a console, and still cannot get pre-orders filled by launch. This is an amazingly bad look.

VGEsoterica

They aren't even selling a console, and still cannot get pre-orders filled by launch. This is an amazingly bad look.

Sounds like their servers can't handle X amount of concurrent connections, so they are allowing the number of members they currently can stably handle to get on day 1, and will add users as the platform can handle them

Just a guess

NickFire

Sounds like their servers can't handle X amount of concurrent connections, so they are allowing the number of members they currently can stably handle to get on day 1, and will add users as the platform can handle them

Just a guess
Seems like a fair guess to me. I concur on it.

drganon

You'd be better off just flushing your money down the toilet. At least you wouldn't have to wait for the same result.

Sorcerer

It isn't even a console. it's just a streaming service which makes it even worse.
Its the streaming service that is not a console, yet to play it on your tv you need hardware.

If history is any indication Phil Harrison should have left Google for yet another game company by this point...Will he try to revive Gamestick?

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Wasn't something up with the controller not connecting to the service? Is Google stalling the launch to cover this up?

sn0man

They need help setting up their services. They’ve partnered with Nintendo for their online.

Maybe Nintendo can come over to their house and reset their tcp settings.

xrnzaaas

Not sure why they'd want to make this product look more exclusive than it actually is, I think it's the lack of budget for this project which may be a sign Google itself doesn't believe that it's going to become successful. It's not like everything they touch turns into gold, they had plenty of failed projects down the road.

Top Bottom