• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google plans to release 100 games in 2021 for Stadia

Interfectum

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I am not disagreeing. But didn't we also got told that many other third parties didn't get ANY incentives at all, to port games to Stadia?
Obviously, both could be true. That someone at Stadia was wasting money on a few titles, and found out there was zero money left for anyone else. That is my current interpration now.

Interfectum

This is the risk with big tech companies coming into hardcore gaming. They attempt to buy their way in, potentially making a mess of everything and then duck out when it doesn't go their way.

The amount of money these guys can toss around is dangerous to this hobby for sure.

jakinov

They launched when there's 150 million consoles out in the wild and they paid to get games over 150 million (+ people on PC) could access to. They should have focused on cheap barrier to entry and then raise prices later. Like not taking a royalty for the first year or two. So that people can buy cloud versions of games for 30% cheaper. They plan on losing money anyways and want to launch before next-gen, why not lose it by driving up sales and making publishers happy so that they organically want to support the platform.

Last edited:

Areiz

Banned
For all the time that I've enjoyed playing Destiny 2 on Stadia, they should dodge the promise that they can't maintain

Top Bottom