• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google hires TOP Assassin's Creed developers to help develop Stadias first party studios.

assassins-creed-2-ezio-dive-canal.jpg

Google has reportedly hired three former Assassin's Creed developers to make Google Stadia-exclusive games. Google first announced their new game development company, the Stadia Games and Entertainment division, back in March 2019, pointing to interest in creating first-party titles.
According to a report by TheGamer, Google has picked up a number of former Assassin Creed developers, including their new studio lead Jade Raymond. Raymond has previously been the executive producer for Assassin's Creed 2 and other Ubisoft titles, and it seems she was able to bring in more talent from that company. Three more key Assassin's Creed development figures have since joined Stadia's Montreal studio,
According to their social media accounts: Sébastien Puel as general director, Francois Pelland as head of production operations for first-party game strategy, and Mathieu Leduc as art director. Puel had previously been senior executive producer at Ubisoft Montreal, while Leduc was art director and Pelland was project lead of the UPLAY+ subscription service.
Google-Stadia-Chromecast-Ultra-Cover.jpg

With four industry veterans behind the Montreal Stadia studio - especially four who have been involved with franchises as successful as Assassin's Creed - there's certainly potential for Stadia.
Still, the Stadia Founder's Edition sold out everywhere, so hopefully Google was able to build up enough of a base profit to make important improvements to the Stadia service, like exclusive games and more fleshed-out features.

This is good news! This means that Stadia is already preparing to release quality first party titles to take advantage of the momentum Stadia currently has going for it. It's not going to be easy to build up a sizable library but as long as Google continues to work with developers, Stadia will improve with time. I'm hoping for over a few hundred games by the end of next year so that Stadia will attract some of the industries top development talent such as Activision among others.

Can you stop astroturfing on this forum?

How about you learn to stop posting in forums that are of no interest to you? It's not that hard, even a child can do it! I post a news thread about Stadia it's Astroturfing somehow, but we got a ton of Xbox and PS threads, that are biased and not reporting on news, littering the front page, and those aren't astroturfing, doesn't make any sense sorry.

Feel free to exit the thread instead of posting drive-bys next time boy.

Fuz

Banned
How about you learn to stop posting in forums that are of no interest to you? It's not that hard, even a child can do it! I post a news thread about Stadia it's Astroturfing somehow, but we got a ton of Xbox and PS threads, that are biased and not reporting on news, littering the front page, and those aren't astroturfing, doesn't make any sense sorry.

No, you're shilling and you only do that. And I post wherever I want, kid.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned

If only fans of Stadia are allowed to post in Stadia threads, they will all end up like the Dreams thread - one guy just posting to himself.

GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If they can bring some original content that can't be done on conventional hardware, then I'd be happy to check out the service, but otherwise I just don't get the point of it all.

Ballthyrm

This is an elaborate way to spin how Jade Raymond took credit for Assassin's Creed out of Patrice's hands.
Eerie similar how the two of them haven't done a worthwhile thing in a decade.
Maybe you need a team of talented people to build a game, just a thought :unsure:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Having played Stadia extensively, I actually think the Ubi yank is a perfect for the platform. Not too precious or refined on the controls, just blockbuster away.

Jtibh

Banned
No, you're shilling and you only do that. And I post wherever I want, kid.
You know just like with stadia if you dont engage or reply or click voost kain will have empty threads and will give up for good.
We all just feed this staida A.I.

I'm supposed to care that a random handful of people from that studio are working for Google now? I know several people who worked for Bioware in Edmonton not far from me who worked there when Bioware was making the original Dragon Age and Mass Effect games. I should make a piece of shit in Game Maker and call up Google, I bet they'd cut us a check.

I find it amusing that Google checked to make sure there was enough gas in the tank for their Stadia road trip after the car stalled out leaving town. What a shit-show.

Yoda

Won't they need way more than that? And why is this happening AFTER it has launched? Unless it'll be another indie game exclusive? I don't think a game created by 3 people would be good enough to sway someone who isn't into a streaming platform...

Alx

Judging by the length of the ending credits, "former Assassin's Creed developer" should cover at least half the industry anyway. Should be harder to find someone who's never worked on one. :p
But seriously, I guess it's good for them (I always appreciated the skills of Ubi Montreal in general), but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Last edited:
Fitting, as Assassins Creed was already so unresponsive , that the increased input lag wouldn't be quite SO apparent.

I have been afraid, that Google has paid Ubisoft for exclusives and therefore BG&E2 will be made input lag on mind.

Yves Guillemot has been touting streaming for a long Time, and their games have largely seemed to become More and More sluggish to control, and instead of introducing responsive, immediate controls, they are full of animation sequences triggerd by a Button press.

I hope, that Ubi will back off from this platform, like they did from The Wii U, when it's sales fumbled, and starting cutting The input latency away, instead of increasing it.

Good on Google to finally start getting their 1st party up and running 6 months after announcing the studio and 1 month after launch. Shows Google really understands the industry.

Will Stadis VR be a rerelease of Google Glass? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well that explains why stadia stings when i pee. Its an std infused with glass.

ANIMAL1975

Nah i was trying to express that your avatar was a perfect match for your comment, i see now i should've haded something to make it more obvious,,,, i roundly failed the avatar quote singy 😅

Top Bottom