• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye volcano high (demo available on steam)

Guilty_AI

I can only speak for myself but I find the character designs atrocious and just downright weird.

And I'm someone who can enjoy shows that has animal characters.
106404l.jpg
MV5BYWE3YmU5NTEtYzExMC00OWY3LTg4ZTgtMTMyNDZhNmFlNGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
p15432366_b_v8_ab.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I can only speak for myself but I find the character designs atrocious and just downright weird.

And I'm someone who can enjoy shows that has animal characters.

That's because those characters are probably not created by people who fantasise about fucking them.

I think that's the key diffrence, and you can just sort of tell when people create these things, if it's just an extention of some sort of oppressed kink they have been given money to open up to the world.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Checked out the Steam page and I'm actually surprised how little engagement seems to be happening.
I want to download this just to experience a slice for free, but I don't want to end up on a list somewhere.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
That's because those characters are probably not created by people who fantasise about fucking them.

I think that's the key diffrence, and you can just sort of tell when people create these things, if it's just an extention of some sort of oppressed kink they have been given money to open up to the world.

So what you're saying is Goodbye Volcano High is a game by furries for furries?

Fbh

Can someone explain all the hate for this game please? I mean it doesn’t look good but nothing to the level people are making out…

Eh it's mostly not really "hate".
It's more like making fun of the game became a meme
The fact it's basically Resetera the game adds fuel to the fire too.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I have that gay particle somewhere in me since I like rgb and colourful/floral design sneakers shoes. No man in his 30s should aim to get anything with flowers on it.
But no. Even I can’t take this lol.

Seriously. Fuck boring black shoes

Hestar69

That demo was uhhhh something lmaoo
Have to use a controller
The lip sync seems off.
Crashed 3 times in 31 mins of playtime
Maybe the final game is alright but ppl are hyped for this and this took 5 years?

Rambone

Decided to play it for shits and giggles.
- Voice acting is actually pretty good, it really surprised me.
- Art is bright and fairly creative. I liked it.
- Gameplay is a mixture of visual novel and guitar hero.
- I liked the music
- Story is okay for what it is, you will either like the characters or be weirded out by them. At first I was convinced the characters were all sterotypes of LGBQT in some way or another but I think they are just normal(ish) kids? At least so far that is what I get from the demo. Seems like the demo is leading up to the giant meteor about to pound the planet and clap some dinosaur ass.

Will this be worth your time? The trailers I think gave a pretty good run down on what this is all about. I'd probably continue playing it but not sure how I feel yet spending any more than 29.99 for this.

shaddam

My opinion is same since the first trailer. I will play for fun, but never gonna buy this type of game full priced.I am sure it will be quickly on ps plus and in bundles.

UnNamed

Banned
Decided to play it for shits and giggles.
- Voice acting is actually pretty good, it really surprised me.
- Art is bright and fairly creative. I liked it.
- Gameplay is a mixture of visual novel and guitar hero.
- I liked the music
- Story is okay for what it is, you will either like the characters or be weirded out by them. At first I was convinced the characters were all sterotypes of LGBQT in some way or another but I think they are just normal(ish) kids? At least so far that is what I get from the demo. Seems like the demo is leading up to the giant meteor about to pound the planet and clap some dinosaur ass.

Will this be worth your time? The trailers I think gave a pretty good run down on what this is all about. I'd probably continue playing it but not sure how I feel yet spending any more than 29.99 for this.

How dare you to write something positive on this game when Neogaf already judged this game is shit?

giphy.gif

ShadowNate

This looks like some talentless furry-obsessed pronoun saw Night in the Woods and thought, yeah that was good but Alec Holowka was involved in it and we can't have that, I'll do something even better.

And then they hurled this.

mdkirby

Can someone explain all the hate for this game please? I mean it doesn’t look good but nothing to the level people are making out…
I don’t get it either. Like it’s not for me, not into rhythm games, and visual novels tend to lack the interactivity I like in type of narrative adventures I like.

But for what it is, and for people who like that sort of game it looked well made and at least it looks like something different.

Call of duty is not for me either, but I’m sure it’s great for people that like that sort of thing. It certainly looks good for what it is 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom