• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye volcano high (demo available on steam)

ahtlas7

Anyone else clueless about this game? Here ya go:
fjTKjIo.jpg

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I can only speak for myself but I find the character designs atrocious and just downright weird.

And I'm someone who can enjoy shows that has animal characters.
106404l.jpg
MV5BYWE3YmU5NTEtYzExMC00OWY3LTg4ZTgtMTMyNDZhNmFlNGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
p15432366_b_v8_ab.jpg

I dont think the animal aesthetic is bad inherently either. Sonic is a pretty well designed character, starfox and Michael Mouse are okay too. Its when the animal people were obviously desinged by people who want to fuck animals, like this. But either way, this game does not trigger me, it may not be for me, but its for someone, and they clearly put a lot of time/love into it

Reactions: Fuz

Toots

Gold Member
Can someone explain all the hate for this game please? I mean it doesn’t look good but nothing to the level people are making out…
I think that at the time it was announced, as a Playstation exclusive, lot of people here thought it was just made to shove lg+ "propaganda" down their throat and that a sony exclusive should be of a much better standard than this.
The first reason was exactly why people on reeeee seem to love it so much, so you can understand why the reaction was opposite here.

Nevertheless we possess something of tremendous importance here that every reeeetard seem to lack : a sense of humour.
So after a few tamper tantrums of the more politicized gaffers, we collectively agreed on the almost limitless potential of this game to make us laugh and cringe at the same time.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Lol what is this game about and how does it play?
And why does everyone hate it?
It was part of the PlayStation 5 announcement presentation. I think nobody here would’ve sought out info about it or give a single shit about it if it wasn’t.

As far as I know it’s about a bunch of depressed queer dinosaur people talking about how depressed they are, and singing depressing music while waiting for the world to end. Like if you let a bunch of wackos from Reddit and Era design a game.

Last edited:

Doom85

That's because those characters are probably not created by people who fantasise about fucking them.

I think that's the key diffrence, and you can just sort of tell when people create these things, if it's just an extention of some sort of oppressed kink they have been given money to open up to the world.

Gravity Falls What GIF by Disney Channel

Are you saying Totally Spies isn’t a legit masterpiece?!

9mh0eBO.jpg
IZaWvXG.jpg
luK9qhE.jpg

That show got me, and many others, through a lonely high school experience and we will not tolerate such casually blasphemous slander, good sir!

Crayon

Lol what is this game about and how does it play?
And why does everyone hate it?

It's a vn and that is why it's the butt of jokes; because ps was having that super hype reveal show and then somewhere in the middle there was this and it really did kill the momentum for a minute. This could have been fairly high profile but not in the middle of that show and people not interested in highschool feely vn's would have passed over it and there would be no fuss.

Guide Fang through "their" final year of highschool as "they" try to make things right before time is up. LOL. No thanks... I do wonder if the game will let you go into the characters "gender assigned at birth" bathroom or if there will be an invisible wall to prevent such horror.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Guide Fang through "their" final year of highschool as "they" try to make things right before time is up. LOL. No thanks... I do wonder if the game will let you go into the characters "gender assigned at birth" bathroom or if there will be an invisible wall to prevent such horror.
Either they will have a very conspicuous “all gender bathroom” sign, or else there will be a scene where some trans kid gets questioned for going into the wrong bathroom, and you have to step in and woke scold the hateful cisgenders.

StueyDuck

Just watched the trailer.

Not my thing but I'm surprised neogaf hates anime now.
I am definitely the furthest thing from an anime fan, but even i know that you don't classify this as anime when it's made by fat 35 year old single western women with pink hair tattoos and an unnecessary amount of facial accessories who need to live through their fursonas and sexualising underage "creatures" in order to be seen by people.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
[rant]Sadly, the modern writers and translators are full woke and using "pronouns" (as is: cringe fake pronouns, not correct english) left and right. I'm playing DFFOO and there's a chapter centered around Quina now, there's an INSANE amount of "they/them" and even putting aside my dislike for "the new emo crowd", it's frankly very hard to understand what and who they're talking about ("They've gone looking for them and they got lost!" what? Who? How? WTF?) without having my brain go back and forth on the sentences.
For references, in italian Quina was referred to with the female pronoun and the english translation at the time used s/he which is so MUCH more understandable it's ridiculous. But of course modern translators have to push an agenda.

We live in the stupidest parallel universe possible.[/rant]

Last edited:

unclbenn

game crashes and hardlocks my pc. i enjoyed what i played but im not gonna keep power cycling my computer to play it.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Someday people look back on this and say: Were Dinosaurs really like furries? Well then giant asteroid...I have a special trajectory for you...
aLlvvxR.gif

Top Bottom