• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG Summer Sale |OT| June 9th - June 28th

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

New Additions to the GOG catalog:

Build your own Ubisoft Bundle (buy three or more to get a better discount):

Build your own Star Wars Bundle (buy three or more to get a better discount):

Bestsellers:

Last edited:

shaddam

I made my backlog bigger today
tjFW9wV.png

Unreal and Gothic games are discounted to a really low price too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So far, I've picked up everything I was missing from that Ubisoft bundle

uHBDplw.png

And a few other things I had on my wish list for a while (and re-bought sleeping dogs because hell yeah)

hXQE6jd.png

I probably played 100 hours of the Android table in the Epic Pinball demo wayyyy back in the day. The most expensive thing I got was Sacred 2 which I played on the 360 but remember it being pretty awesome.

jshackles

Really nice sales, what are GAF recommandations for games to get?
There are so many games on sale - what kind of stuff are you into?

jshackles

Hellpoint devs confirm that Hellpoint is currently free on GOG as part of this sale:

jshackles

is thief worth it? , i remember it had performance issues when it launched
Performance wise, you're probably fine if you have a graphics card that's less than 5-6 years old. The game got several patches and such that improved performance pretty dramatically after launch, and those patches (as well as all the DLC) are included in the GOG release.

Game wise - it's not a great Thief game, but it's a fun action / adventure game.

Flabagast

There are so many games on sale - what kind of stuff are you into?
Sorry for the late reply (and thanks for yours).

Looking for narrative single player games mostly. Love FPS, RPG, point & click and adventure games (not rogue like or games with system too complex to grasp in a few hours). Not afraid to go "experimental"

For example on GOG recently I purchased Mundaun & Stalker and had a blast, but I love oldies as well (if they are not mechanically too out of date - I find old Baldur's Gate or Fallout too obtuse for example, I know that's a shame). I just wanted to test waters to see what are the obvious recommandations of GAF.

I never played New Vegas and that seems to be an obvious answer, but I am too afraid to spend 4 to 5 hours just modding the thing before starting the game, I could get into a good solo FPS RPG though. Are the characters / narrative good?

jshackles

Sorry for the late reply (and thanks for yours).

Looking for narrative single player games mostly. Love FPS, RPG, point & click and adventure games (not rogue like or games with system too complex to grasp in a few hours). Not afraid to go "experimental"

For example on GOG recently I purchased Mundaun & Stalker and had a blast, but I love oldies as well (if they are not mechanically too out of date - I find old Baldur's Gate or Fallout too obtuse for example, I know that's a shame). I just wanted to test waters to see what are the obvious recommandations of GAF.

I never played New Vegas and that seems to be an obvious answer, but I am too afraid to spend 4 to 5 hours just modding the thing before starting the game, I could get into a good solo FPS RPG though. Are the characters / narrative good?
If you like FPS games and RPGs, and haven't played New Vegas that is definitely a place to start. Don't worry so much about modding - in fact my advice would be to play the game as-is for your first playthrough.

Some other stuff I would recommend along those lines, if you haven't played them yet, some of my favorite FPS / RPG games on GOG:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Great game that's often overlooked since it got a ton of negative press from the ResetEra crowd for not being diverse enough. Fuck them, this game is fantastic.

The Outer Worlds:

While nowhere near as good as New Vegas, Obsidian's most recent wannabe-Fallout game is actually kinda okay, or at least worth experiencing for yourself. Recommend playing on the harder difficulty if possible.

F.E.A.R:

This GOAT FPS with great storytelling is only like $3 right now, so if you haven't played it there is no excuse not to. Mechanically this older game holds up incredibly well. Dat Shotgun feel, so good. F.E.A.R. 2 is also on sale, but not as good.

Prey:

A cool sci-fi setting and interesting story with light RPG mechanics, one of my favorite games from Arkane (sorry Dishonored!). If you like Bioshock, you'll like this. Try to go in blind and spoiler free (if possible) for the best experience.

Hope this helps you find something cool and new!

Reactions: Gp1

dave_d

How's Cyberpunk these days? I saw it on sale there but didn't pick it up because I heard about it being buggy. (Although I can't remember if that was the console or PC version.) Tempted to pick up X:Gold since it's literally a $1.

jshackles

Sale is almost over.

Shadowrun Trilogy is currently free!

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
So far, I've picked up everything I was missing from that Ubisoft bundle

uHBDplw.png

And a few other things I had on my wish list for a while (and re-bought sleeping dogs because hell yeah)

hXQE6jd.png

I probably played 100 hours of the Android table in the Epic Pinball demo wayyyy back in the day. The most expensive thing I got was Sacred 2 which I played on the 360 but remember it being pretty awesome.
Can you confirm if Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 actually works? My Steam version doesn't.

jshackles

Can you confirm if Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 actually works? My Steam version doesn't.
Just downloaded and booted all three. All three work great. They launch via DOSBox. I was even able to configure my Xbox One pad. Fun times ahead.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I've never had problems with fallout 3/NV on Windows 10 to begin with but try take a look at gog forums.
You will probably find something there.
Bought and played for 2 hours tonight. It is really great. Feels like you can make big decisions right off the bat.

The gog client is great too! Does it work for integrating your different systems together good?

Can't wait to get more gog games

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1
Top Bottom