• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG Galaxy 2.0 Beta has launched

Kadayi

Banned
Is there a way to make it launch directly into VR? Like with a launch option? If so than I assume you could make a shortcut add that property and link that shortcut as it's own game.

I'll have a look into it tomorrow.

The main takeaway from GOG Galaxy is...I have a ridiculous number of games...I did intend to play something, but choice paralysis set in...:messenger_neutral:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll have a look into it tomorrow.

The main takeaway from GOG Galaxy is...I have a ridiculous number of games...I did intend to play something, but choice paralysis set in...:messenger_neutral:
I've got over 5,000 games listed in Galaxy. But I've actually got more than that, since the Playstation and Xbox integrations only show games that I've actually played vs ones that I own. The Xbox integration also doesn't show any of the Xbox 360 games I own digitally either. So the actual number is probably closer to 6,000.

At some point I'll probably go through my Steam library, where the bulk of the games I don't care about are, and either remove them from my Steam account or hide them in GOG.

Kadayi

Banned
I've got over 5,000 games listed in Galaxy. But I've actually got more than that, since the Playstation and Xbox integrations only show games that I've actually played vs ones that I own. The Xbox integration also doesn't show any of the Xbox 360 games I own digitally either. So the actual number is probably closer to 6,000.

At some point I'll probably go through my Steam library, where the bulk of the games I don't care about are, and either remove them from my Steam account or hide them in GOG.

Well, I'm not quite that bad, but I'm in the 4 figures club for sure. The annoying thing is I kind of did the sorting before because I set up categories on Steam already (that was a long weekend...). I'm also just a hog for keeping games installed (over 300 just ready to go., because you never know....).

They need to add some game randomiser that picks something you haven't played yet (as a suggestion) for people like me 🤔

Last edited:
I got an invitation on monday and my mail-client killed the mail... and without it, I have no chance to get the Beta-Download. Contacted support yesterday, but no word from them until now. *sob*

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, no invite is pretty annoying. I get it, I signed up a little later... but c'mon - I've been on GOG since the beginning of 2009. I've earned this.

Xdrive05

Got mine at long last, and installed. After linking my Origin, Uplay, Steam and Epic store accounts, WOW! Where has this been all my life? No idea how well it works yet with updates and everything else, but first impressions are fantastic. Removing everything else from my startup apps finally.

It has great design, but I don't really see any use of it for nor for me as I'm using Steam mostly. But I hope I'll use it more in future

Kaira

Neo Member
I know I'm new here "Hi" but I had gotten the GoG 2.0 beta a few days ago and I just read through this thread and saw people had bnet integration on their accounts where as mine does not, how do I get Bnet on there?

Also GoG 2.0 is my fave launcher so far, I was starting to lose patience wit the amount of launchers my games were spreading across.

Helios

I know I'm new here "Hi" but I had gotten the GoG 2.0 beta a few days ago and I just read through this thread and saw people had bnet integration on their accounts where as mine does not, how do I get Bnet on there?
Hey, as far as I know there's no way to sync bnet to GoG 2.0 yet. You'll have to add your games manually.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In the earlier alphas the Battle.net community integration was included with the installer (as kind of a "test" of community integration plugins). If you want to integrate it now you'll need to add the community integration manually.

Just click "releases" and select either the windows or Mac build (depending on what you're using). Extract the zip file to your %localappdata%\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\ folder.

Last edited:

jshackles

Is there a chance to some of those plataforms just stop working because they want to?
I suppose it's possible, but it would mean that these platforms would have to completely close their public APIs in order to "break" the integration. As long as Steam still wants users to be able to see what games they own when browsing the site, or as long as Playstation wants users to be able to share their trophy lists publicly, the integration can work.

There are three types of integrations -
  • Official (currently just GOG and Xbox): This means the companies responsible for these platforms are working with GOG directly to create and maintain the integration to their services
  • Supported (the big stuff like Steam and PSN, among others): This means that GOG is developing and testing the integration themselves. Kind of like "certified to work with GOG". These might break, but it's unlikely. If API changes happen, expect swift updates.
  • Community (Stuff like the Battle.Net integration I linked above): This means a member of the community built and will (hopefully) maintain the integration. These are the most likely to be break and potentially not get fixed expediently, if ever.

Kaira

Neo Member
In the earlier alphas the Battle.net community integration was included with the installer (as kind of a "test" of community integration plugins). If you want to integrate it now you'll need to add the community integration manually.

Just click "releases" and select either the windows or Mac build (depending on what you're using). Extract the zip file to your %localappdata%\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\ folder.

Thank you very much for this I greatly appreciate it. :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
There's a download link in the ivite. When installing it will automatically replace your older client.
i don't have that email anymore. i can't find anywhere to download the new client on the site unless i'm missing it.

edit: NVM i found it :)

for anyone else who might not find it

Last edited:

Fbh

Got my invite.
Pretty neat so far, love the look of it and it's nice having everything in one place.

The only integration I quickly disabled was Playstation. Not much use since I obviously can't launch any game, and it just filled my library with a bunch of bloat from all the Ps+ games and every Physical game I've ever launched from my console

Teslerum

Got my invite.
Pretty neat so far, love the look of it and it's nice having everything in one place.

The only integration I quickly disabled was Playstation. Not much use since I obviously can't launch any game, and it just filled my library with a bunch of bloat from all the Ps+ games and every Physical game I've ever launched from my console

BTW: If you click on *windows* in the upper bar, it will only show you games that you can actually launch on pc.

Fbh

BTW: If you click on *windows* in the upper bar, it will only show you games that you can actually launch on pc.

Yeah I know but next to the "all games" tab (on the left) it was still showing a very large number with a considerable portion of them being Ps4 games I don't really own (Ps+) or game I don't own anymore (physical games I've sold or that I played by borrowing from friends).

It's a minor thing but it bothered me lol. And ultimately I see this as a PC tool so I prefer it only showing my PC games

Last edited:
Top Bottom