• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall requires an internet connection (PS+ not required for solo play - see OP)

MilkyJoe

Interview06_YT.jpg

Lanrutcon

I can see where the confusion is coming from.

It's a not-service game that runs some mandatory servers for you as a service, but it won't have microtransactions.

So it's a weird hybrid thing. As long as they keep their word on the no microtransactions thing, then I think it's probably fine.

VertigoOA

Banned
Both Outriders and a Godfall claim for not be a service game but have more in common with Destiny than all other prior games in the online co-op genre.

It’s just deceptive language.

I interpret it as... these games having a set amount of post launch dlc content before moving onto a sequel.

Last edited:

KAOS

I wonder is Destruction Allstars the same thing as this game? Online only ps plus required for online?

MMaRsu

Banned
again who cares? do something else. Making a big deal out of nothing. They also do this to stop cheating and have everything on the server side...

Who cares? Most people in this thread. You are one of the few who dont seem to care. Stopping cheating in a single player game? Lmao

Jigga117

The cost doesn't matter. If I buy the game I should be able to play it 20 years from now. Theres no reason for this game not to allow offline singleplayer.
This is really a first world problem for some of you? 20 years?

Last edited:

YuLY

Lets buy a game that might be dead in a year (examples: Anthem, Crucible from Amazon) so it will become useless cause it requires authetification in order to play at all. And all of that for what? so they can have a DRM that cant be cracked. Lets be real here, this aint about not letting ppl cheat in offline then coming online and having an advantage over other players or something. You could just restrict the modes, if you choose offline, you can only do offline for that char, simple and its been done before.

This is about DRM. Good thing I never cared about this generic looking game, looks so fake, I dunno how to explain it, the world looks to be there just to be there, looking all corridor-ish, and the artstyle I dont dig it at all, looks so fantasy-techno-babble over the top.

geordiemp

Both Outriders and a Godfall claim for not be a service game but have more in common with Destiny than all other prior games in the online co-op genre.

It’s just deceptive language.

I interpret it as... these games having a set amount of post launch dlc content before moving onto a sequel.

Borderlands 3 requires an internet connection to get all the patches and hotfixes which are done at the start of every boot up.

Borderlands 3 does not seem to remember the last hot fix and downloads it each time, so full offline all the guns are wrong.

Still a stange way to do it, but not new.

Agent X

YuLY

The best example I can give as to why this isnt a good idea is that Disintegration game. Does anyone still remember that? it came out like 3-4months ago and they already said the multiplayer portion will be taken down. Imagine if it was always online like this, you could no longer access the campaign if they didnt bother to patch it.

Basically you borrowed a game that would be forever gone. As someone who loves having a gaming collection and can replay his favorite games when he chooses to, I really cant stand behind these types of game. I dont want to get invested into a universe and also pay full price for it, and then in a few years I cant access it anymore.

martino

Borderlands 3 requires an internet connection to get all the patches and hotfixes which are done at the start of every boot up.

Borderlands 3 does not seem to remember the last hot fix and downloads it each time, so full offline all the guns are wrong.

Still a stange way to do it, but not new.
OMG i wasn't aware of that (i didn't take an interest at launch)
I assumed it was like previous ones.
I just tested and the game don't work in offline mode launching it from steam (it launches the launcher)...
thankfully launching directly the game exe it works.
if godfall is like that it's fine by me and i'm back waiting for it.

Last edited:

Jigga117

Listen, we get that you love to suck on anti consumer dick, but most folks around here have standards. I would suggest you get some as well.
And this make you bad ass talking shit on a forum about someone you don’t know? You can’t convesate but hide behind 0 and 1s talking shit like some bitch.

Jigga117

What's wrong with playing games 20 years down the road? I've bought like 15 PS2/Xbox games this year alone and was just playing my N64 last month.

yes I am I playing Crimson Sky in my rotation has nothing to do with WORRYING TODAY about if you can play godfall 20 years from now lol. Why I said first world problems because it is amazing anyone is WORRIED about a game not even out yet that keeps you up at night but not your health, COVID or relationship but godfall 20 years from now. Your prerogative to worry about this one thing just as much as it is mine to laugh at those public concerns about this on a public forum.

yes I am I playing Crimson Sky in my rotation has nothing to do with WORRYING TODAY about if you can play godfall 20 years from now lol. Why I said first world problems because it is amazing anyone is WORRIED about a game not even out yet that keeps you up at night but not your health, COVID or relationship but godfall 20 years from now. Your prerogative to worry about this one thing just as much as it is mine to laugh at those public concerns about this on a public forum.
No one is worrying about this as much as you think they are. People are expressing their opinions about the issue. If someone posts "There goes my interest in this game." Idk how you got that to mean they are worrying so much they're losing sleep over the issue.

VertigoOA

Banned
It’s always hilarious to read the bullshit justifications anti-social gamers use to justify their hate of online multiplayer games.

Thankfully weebs are an outlier.

If you want to do things wrong you do it like Avengers

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
It’s always hilarious to read the bullshit justifications anti-social gamers use to justify their hate of online multiplayer games.

Thankfully weebs are an outlier.

If you want to do things wrong you do it like Avengers

It’s not about anti-social. Internet connection problems will affect your experience and game reservation because if servers are out (They will be eventually) the game will be lost. Legitimate concerns.

VertigoOA

Banned
The game will be lost the moment players stop playing

If it’s designed to be a co-op mulitiplayer game that’s MORE than just a jump in and jump out campaign it needs to be always online.

The game will be lost the moment players stop playing

If it’s designed to be a co-op mulitiplayer game that’s MORE than just a jump in and jump out campaign it needs to be always online.
Sounds like Warframe. If not it's dead after launch. Warframe already has an audience on PS4 and PC.

VertigoOA

Banned
I still find actual gameplay details to be sparse about how it’s gameplay loop is going to be.

We haven’t seen much campaign-like stuff. Haven’t seen much of anything really. Makes me think it’s ALL multiplayer and there’s some 8 hour campaign at best for casual players.

I’m still expecting to see a centralized player social hub

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
And this make you bad ass talking shit on a forum about someone you don’t know? You can’t convesate but hide behind 0 and 1s talking shit like some bitch.

Talking like a badass? Nah, mate. Just stating the truth. Keep acting triggered though. Your temper tantrum is hilarious to watch while you desperately try to defend blatant anti consumer practices.

Before I go, I have a little tip for you and Vertigo: Gearbox and Counterplay don’t need y’all to defend/simp for them. They are a multi million dollar business. They don’t even realize y’all exist.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

(PS+ not required for solo play - see OP)

Alright, so Destiny (yes including before it went free to play). You can run through the campaign without paying for PS+, but the interweb syncs all your loot and live world and such.

I'm not fussed about this, not what it sounded like originally.

Top Bottom