• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall Cinematic Intro: The Fall + New Godfall PS5 Gameplay Gameplay breakdown! Fire!!!

turtlepowa

Banned
yeah likewise. In it's recent showings the game has come a long way. It looks much more polished and the particle effects look quite nice. Need to wait and watch some gameplay walkthroughs of the final retail release to decide on a purchase
The graphics were/are not the problem, the gameplay just doesn't look fun to me. Reminds me of Ryse. Stunning graphics, but..........

tryDEATH

The effects and colors are just way to fu*king much it makes the gameplay tiring and exhausting especially since the tankyness of the enemies is also too long for my taste. The sound and weapons animations do a good job relaying the weight of them, but its isn't reflected properly in combat as the enemies just take those hits easily.

The world looks nice even though the enemies and their AI seems a bit too simple. Maybe its due to difficulty and where in the story the game takes place, but this to me looks like a very basic GaaS game in the vein of Anthem.

Lanrutcon

Looks like Warframe and Kingdoms of Amalur had a baby who grew up with Dark Souls posters on his bedroom walls.

Can't see it not selling well. It's shiny and has big swords.

GymWolf

I don't know what to think about this game, for every cool thing there is a but...

I don't really like how weightless most of the hits seems to be, but maybe it's just a matter of trying the game with my hands.

Last edited:

Bankai

Looks really great! So much better than before, seems like there's more weight put behind the sword-blows and impact in general looks awesome. Great FX as well, looks really flashy!

Whitecrow

Banned
I cant put my finger on what's not convinving me of the art.

Too much bloom or exposure? Low resolution? Just bland art direction? It's so hard to distinguish what's on screen.
ANd those enviroments, doesnt look bad... but they are not beliavable to me.

Concern

Still looks bland and repetitive to me. The shinier graphics don't change that. Then again I hate grindfests like destiny, so definitely a no for me.

Hunnybun

Is this confirmed as 4k60? Digital Foundry said it was back at the PS5 reveal event.

If so then it's technically impressive. This is the best looking footage yet, looks really decent now.

I mean, technically. Artistically it's still a bit of a mess imo.

martino

why particle effects on every blows / shoot etc....
this will reach diablo 3 fireworks level in multiplayer (before they "fixed" it)

Last edited:
If you play this on an HDR TV in a dark room and do a special move ....
e57b700d3e915754861565542d865f01.gif

The game looks much much better than in the initial showings.
This just went from "absolutely uninterested" to "I`ll check out the reviews" for me.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

This game has come a long way from when everybody was trashing on it to now being a serious contender for some attention. With it increasingly looking like Cyberpunk is gonna be delayed this may just fill the gap.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
This isn’t supposed to be a GaaS title right? If so it’s definitely looking a lot better to me than it was six months ago.

Ar¢tos

Too many bright effects, my eyes would be burning after 10 minutes of play, I hope it is possible to lower the amount/intensity of effects.
As interesting as it looks, it will have to wait until I'm bored of making builds in Demon's Souls.

Alebrije

Its improving, we have some story context and gameplay. Hope it has something else before relase ...looks like a nice slash adventure game but need a little push to become special...

MiguelItUp

Definitely has some pretty things to look at, but man, I can't tell what it is about the game that rubs me weird. I can't tell if it's the art and design, or what? It's not mean to sound crummy, but something about it just feels like it's missing some passion, or that could be a F2P title.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
It's looking a lot better than I expected. I don't know if I'll have room for it with the other PS5 launch games, but I'll keep an eye on it.

MastaKiiLA

There's been no real talk about co-op since the reveal. Similarly, I haven't seen much mentioned about the importance of elements with regard to gameplay. Am I confusing this game with something else that was revealed earlier this year?

Ninjas play for free, right?

Full priced game at "next-gen" rates: $70.

is this a full exclusive or a timed one?

Timed on consoles. Least 6 months, probable - 1 year. Worse case 2 years.

There's been no real talk about co-op since the reveal. Similarly, I haven't seen much mentioned about the importance of elements with regard to gameplay. Am I confusing this game with something else that was revealed earlier this year?

We definitely need to see some co-op livestream. The game's legs depend on that co-op.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The gameplay actually looks like a fun romp, especially being coop as well. Not thrilled with the art design however.

Top Bottom