• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok's Thor Is The Peak Of Male Performance, Powerlifting Champion Says

Well more weight indeed means more strength.
There is a reason why it is not fair to put a 100kg guy to fight a 70kg guy in boxe.

The punches from a 100kg are several times stronger than a 70kg guy… plus the 100kg guy endurance and resistance are way superior.

In the opposite sense the 70kg guy is more agile and have more speed than 100kg guy.
Ive sparred with heavy dudes and endurance is usually their achilles heel granted if you can survive the initial onslaught

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ive sparred with heavy dudes and endurance is usually their achilles heel granted if you can survive the initial onslaught
Agreed. Bigger guys gas faster. It's amazing watching MMA and a big guy dead tired after a round. But heavyweight boxers last 10x longer. I dont watch boxing, but watch MMA. I dont think I've ever seen a small thin guy gas fast. Maybe if he got nailed a bunch of times half KO'ed, but not on his own.

But maybe ethomaz meant taking punches and overall hit points kind of thing, not cardio.

Last edited:
Agreed. Bigger guys gas faster. It's amazing watching MMA and a big guy dead tired after a round. But heavyweight boxers last 10x longer. I dont watch boxing, but watch MMA. I dont think I've ever seen a small thin guy gas fast. Maybe if he got nailed a bunch of times half KO'ed, but not on his own.

But maybe ethomaz meant taking punches and overall hit points kind of thing, not cardio.

in terms of "eating" alot of shots then yeah agreed

mxbison

Well if peak performance is literally just lifting weights, maybe.

If any form of speed, endurance or agility is involved, obviously not.

I think the design is good though, more fitting than Marvels beach boy look.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Fedor Emelianenko - in his prime he was definition of peak performance, destroying anyone he could​

oGr7xVs.jpg
He looks nothing like fat thor.

Whitecrow

Banned
Like i said, its sony way to PR.

Always trying to pull the leg of outrage to get there shit advertised on the web by easily triggered people. Its the way they do business.

Devs have designers you know?
They are not making a documentary, they are making a game with their own creative vision and it makes no sense to adopt any existing representation of anything.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

Boxers don't use kicks or wrestling\ground game, both things consume stamina more than punches.

You put a boxer against a wrestler and he would gas out after 2 round of grappling.

And no, being heavyweight doesn't mean that you are more resistant to punches, maybe against smaller adversaries but not aginst people from the same weightclass, ngannou or lewis one shot kill everyone in the heaviest division.

Good chin is absolutely not related to weight, just watch bob sapp\brock lesnar and then watch tony ferguson\gaetjhie.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The peak of powerlifting performance, what a load of rubbish.

The difference here is, The Powerlifting champion is in the gym all day Thor is at the dinner table. "lollipop_disappointed:

Almost as if the damage control gangs can't decide which angle to defend the design.

Accurate depiction of Thor who's fat due to feasting all day, or tough Thor who's been training like a powerlifting champion

Twinblade

Him and Freya. From the PS Blog:

They have confirmed Odin has a big role, but it seems he is not going to be like Zeus in this case.
I think Freya will eventually calm down when Kratos either, almost kills her or Kratos doesn't want to kill her and Atreus pleads with her to stop. (My guess)

Honestly, i don’t see a problem with his look. It kind of fits in with norse mythology feel the game has. Kind of the strong Viking look 💪
Ether way I’m so excited for this game and to follow the story!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Kratos’ goal was never body lifting its Xbox fanboys searching for a reason to hate the game.

K2D

Banned
Still have no problem with the beer belly, but the poor sod has no breast muscles.

No pectoral muscles! PECKS!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Kratos’ goal was never body lifting its Xbox fanboys searching for a reason to hate the game.
The what?
The Thor and Angrboda hate was coming from supposed fans of the game, they were twitter bombing devs for days.........most being white PS knights.
Why would green rats care about a game thats never gonna touch Xbox?

Whatever the opposite of Ree is, thats where the hate was coming from.....Booo! black people, Booo! fat people, Booo! All none Male aryan race.
It had little to nothing to do with console wars for once.

Top Bottom