• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Writer Champions Angrboda as Part of "Our own spin" on Norse mythology

TheGrat1

I mean, African people can, you know....travel. There was even a black samurai. Seeing one African in what? 1200 A.D. northern Europe is not impossible. A lot more than that would raise an eyebrow, however. I would say the same thing if there was a random white boy in Ghost of Tsushima.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lets see what a Norse mythology expert has to say about this:

What a damn clown, he got a damn PhD and has been studying this shit basically his whole life and yet hes still knows absolutely nothing?
Us gamers know better than this guy.
Grrrr mad gamer mad!

Toots

Gold Member
It's fiction. Anything goes.
It's fiction about fiction even !
It's a take on a mythology, a made up story using elements from another made up story.
I don't think the devs ever said they were trying to do anything other than telling a story with archetypal characters. Gods are archetypes. They used gods.

PS:
I mean, African people can, you know....travel. There was even a black samurai. Seeing one African in what? 1200 A.D. northern Europe is not impossible
Good point, but as scholars know, there were no more dragons at the end of the 3rd century AD, Saint George having killed the last one of them. There were plenty of dragons in the last GOW and this one is set three years after... How do you explain that historically ? When you're done researching this subject, i have another question about a demi-god travelling through dimensions accompanied by his son and a severed talking head, i can't seem to find any mention of it in my history books...

imissweed

Banned
Welp. There wasn't the case a few years back. Also, to me, gaming was way better when there wasn't all that attempt to try political indoctrination using games.

Maybe because of that nowadays i'm buying more old games than new ones.

My money will not be in this one.
I'm buying used only!

JimRyanGOAT

The fact that people have been debating this for 16 pages is laughable, go outside

We got a fucking greek god in Norse mythology yet you guys bitch over one black girl because it's not "accurate"

Last edited:
Neogaf is slowly turning into an Anti-Resetera, which is not a good thing. You do not embrace the opposite opinions of those crazed lunatics without becoming one yourself...It is a videogame, relax! The depictions are of imaginary characters, not historical figures, so let's not raise hell.
I can think of no more worthy cause than becoming an official Anti-Resetera.
In any case, I'd wager most people (like myself) don't really care that it isn't "historically accurate", and traditionally would not have have cared about a similar character in any game. What offends me is that I KNOW this was a decision made for political reasons. They want to make a statement, and/or have their tummy scratched by the SJW game journo mafia.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The fact that people have been debating this for 16 pages is laughable, go outside

We got a fucking greek god in Norse mythology yet you guys bitch over one black girl because it's not "accurate"
Oh hey, look. Yet another person who refused to look at the actual discussions going on and handwave everyone off for "racism".

Top Bottom