• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Writer Champions Angrboda as Part of "Our own spin" on Norse mythology

GasKnife

Neo Member
This is just more blatant tokenization because these types of people believe that original black characters within their own worlds can't be legitimate so they just make the white characters black because they view those white characters as the only legitimate characters. Also I guess they could also get their preferred political brownie points as well.

Kimahri

Banned
I didn't even think about the color of her skin or the fact that she was a girl until I started seeing people cry about it on social media.
Wait, what? People took issue with a mythological woman who was always a woman being a woman? Or is it the young girl part you're thinking of? If so, that's an issue. Not a "how dare you?" issue, but a, "huh, so the mother of that giant snake in the first game, the giant wolf, and the ruler of hell is a little girl? Okay. Please explain." kinda issue.
Especially when you consider that Viking wasn't a race, it was a job description. Not everyone who was born in Scandinavia was a Viking and there's no reason to believe that being a pale skinned Scandinavian was a hard requirement for the job. It's also more believable when you consider that their trade routes reached at least as far south as Egypt and as far into the East as Constantinople, which is modern day Turkey, and could have included trade with Persia. Many vikings took prisoners and slaves in the places they invaded and it's not a stretch to believe that at least some of the people they encountered could have had influence on Nordic culture and mythology.

It wasn't even a job. It was a thing people did. People went viking. Like a verb, raiding was viking. The rest of the year they were just farmers mostly.

When we say viking it's mostly just a very easy name to make people understand who we're talking about. And they travelled far, indeed. Harald Hardråde for example, serviced as a mercenary in constantinople for years. "we" even had a norse name for the place, Miklagard. But that was at the far end of the viking age when tha majority of people had been christened.
This brings up another point i always make that black people need to get into gaming and make their own games and tell their own stories.

I'm sure there is stuff being done, but without the giant machinery at their backs, it's bound to be mainly indie projects until they can grow bigger. I honestly have no idea what the scene is like, but I'd be interested to know more. Maybe I'll just go do some research.

P.Jack

Vikings where big on trade. They traveled all over the world and people from many different cultures lived in viking settlements.

I don’t think vikings would find this odd at all. Besides, GoW is already pretty far from what is believed to be norse mythology. And yes, I’m Scandinavian and grew up close to one of the biggest viking trading centers and a key archaeological site. Even learned to read and write runes in school!

Toons

Banned
You'd think that being Norse would be an integral part of Norse mythology.

Can't have black Smurfs, can't let white people voice black characters, can't have white singers host an R&B show, can't f*cking celebrate St Nicholas, can't read BDs, can't have statues, can't have murals, can't visit exhibitions, can't look at paintings, can't have f*cking museums, but somehow us "white poeple" are the fragile ones amirite?
Its sad to be this insecure in this day and age. I have no problem with Black smurfs or what smurfs. No problem with white ppl playing black characters.

F the confederacy and anyone who supports it though. Don't care about their statues one bit.

Who are you to decide what people are allowed to appreciate? Is Wakanda a f*cking religion now?
When they defended Thor's look they took pride in being accurate to his mythological depiction, but in this case it is somehow "just fantsy".
If they made Thor look exactly how he does in the MCU no one would complain about accuracy and you gd KNOW it. Stop sealioning.

Not to mention I didnt say anyone could or could not appreciate this culture. I said no one is following this religion and anyone who actually cared about it this much would already be pissed they decided to mix them with other pantheon as well. And I'd tell them to F off too. Because this is an entertainment franchise about a buff dude killing Gods, and has no obligation to be accurate to this source material. Stop crying, grow up, life goes on, don't play the game or support the franchise.

But your first paragraph pretty much illustrated clearly to everyone why you have a problem with this.
GTFO with your absolutely pathetic arbitrarianism.
You dont even know what that means.. everything about this discussion is arbitrary. EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
Vikings where big on trade. They traveled all over the world and people from many different cultures lived in viking settlements.

I don’t think vikings would find this odd at all. Besides, GoW is already pretty far from what is believed to be norse mythology. And yes, I’m Scandinavian and grew up close to one of the biggest viking trading centers and a key archaeological site. Even learned to read and write runes in school!

That won't stop these guys from being offended for your culture on your behalf sadly

On Demand

Banned
I mean no disrespect but you really need to educate yourself a bit on history. You willfully ignored physical evidence of Egyptian portraits and statues from the 1st and 2nd century who look much like what Egyptians look like today. There is even older art if you care to look. You can't blame Arabs for what Egyptians look like today. They were much smaller in population, tribal and unorganized. The Arabs were completely irrelevant until 6-7th century AD. Islam didn't conquer Egypt until 639AD and even then, it took hundreds of years for it to become majority Muslim. Keep in mind that this is only conversion to Islam, and not actual settlement of Arabs. The Greeks, Romans, Nubians, all conquered Egypt at some point but they never settled to a large scale nor did they replace the huge Egyptian population that was there. It's more likely for a settler to assimilate into an existing culture than to replace it. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. Sure some of those Nubian and European figured made it into art, but let's not pretend that's what the majority of Egyptians looked like. It's historically rare for a population to be completely displaced at the scale that you claim happened, it would require near complete ethnic cleansing. None of the evidence we have support such a notion. And hell, all you have to do is look at their other North African neighbors. There are North African berber bedouins that take pride in being able to trace their lineage for thousands of years. Populating large North African regions spanning from Morocco to the west to Egypt in the East. Are we going to say they were replaced too?

I don’t want to get into decades old never ending debates on the race of the ancient Egyptians, but there’s just as much evidence, if not more, on them being an indigenous African civilization as there are claims of them not.

And before anyone screams afrocentric! There’s plenty of white and European Egyptologist that say this and have their own archeological findings and proof. Robert Bauval is one of them. In his Book Black Genesis, he literally tracks the southern migrations of African tribes into the Nile Valley when the Sahara Desert was drying up. Physical and writing evidence. There’s cave paintings of African people with diamond style Egyption dress and gold bracelets on their arms and feet. There’s even an Ankh symbol in a cave in South Africa that’s possibly dated many thousands years old.

Who was in ancient Egypt is not as interesting anymore as finding the origins and the original people are. Cause we all know it was invaded multiple times over. And ancient Egypt is much much older than the dynastic 5000 year period.

By the way, there are black people in North Africa. I know it’s made to seem like these countries are a hard cut off point of people. That’s not the case at all. There are indigenous black Berbers in North Africa. Berbers aren’t originally white/Arab. There are many different black ethnic tribes all across North Africa.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're genuinely upset they're knocking over confederate era statues? 🤡

Mods should just lock up this thread at this point.
That’s all you zeroed in on, eh?

Typical, when one lacks the ability to produce a coherent rebuttal.

I swear the people who whine about "diversity" in games care more about race than the people they accuse of being political.

I didn't even think about the color of her skin or the fact that she was a girl until I started seeing people cry about it on social media.
John Candy Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
That won't stop these guys from being offended for your culture on your behalf sadly
Honestly, being offended about this is silly. But I'm still not a fan. Which is why I said I think it's dumb, but to me it seems like very few are actually offended, it's just a lot of people coming in here going at anyone who so much as raises a critical eyebrow at it. I've had to repeat over and over I feel that I'm not bothered by it, but then we go into talks which I genuinely find interesting, since this is a topic that does interest me a lot.

And then comes some ahole with a "lol at you turds not tolerating black people in games" demonstrating that they haven't really read the conversations at all.

I definitely think there are solid ways to explain this. I just hope they do, instead of pretending like africans were native to norse territories or something like that. The connection to Egypt idea interests me.

Also, I'm a firm believer in diversity of everything, not in everything. I lament the lack of exploration into, well, the southern hemisphere, to put it simply.

Toons

Banned
Honestly, being offended about this is silly. But I'm still not a fan. Which is why I said I think it's dumb, but to me it seems like very few are actually offended, it's just a lot of people coming in here going at anyone who so much as raises a critical eyebrow at it. I've had to repeat over and over I feel that I'm not bothered by it, but then we go into talks which I genuinely find interesting, since this is a topic that does interest me a lot.

And then comes some ahole with a "lol at you turds not tolerating black people in games" demonstrating that they haven't really read the conversations at all.

I definitely think there are solid ways to explain this. I just hope they do, instead of pretending like africans were native to norse territories or something like that. The connection to Egypt idea interests me.

Also, I'm a firm believer in diversity of everything, not in everything. I lament the lack of exploration into, well, the southern hemisphere, to put it simply.

You'd have more of a point if there were any actual legitimate arguments presented here.

But there really aren't.

Its either "lol we know why they did it" or "its not accurate to source material(which means F all in this context and so is obviously disengenuous)" or its "something something white people cant have anything"

So can someone bring up a legitimate argument on why this character being black is a bad thing, and then we csn discuss that? Because its been a whole little hoopla about nothing.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's crazy I know, but not everyone immediately notices the skin color of a person and questions whether or not they "belong" there or the possible political motivations behind the creation of a character.

Some of us just.....enjoy the games. It's nuts, but it's true.
Why don’t you do yourself a favor and read the entire thread, extrapolate context and nuance instead of the typical finger pointing, also known as projection, and attempt to coopt proxy labels onto people in so many words.

K Kimahri said it best a couple of posts back on what’s going on in here for the most part.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You'd have more of a point if there were any actual legitimate arguments presented here.

But there really aren't.

Its either "lol we know why they did it" or "its not accurate to source material(which means F all in this context and so is obviously disengenuous)" or its "something something white people cant have anything"

So can someone bring up a legitimate argument on why this character being black is a bad thing, and then we csn discuss that? Because its been a whole little hoopla about nothing.
Annnd, it’s posts like this trying to paint a picture and set the tone of the thread of, “you’re racist vs our virtuous selves” bullshit.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Why don’t you do yourself a favor and read the entire thread, extrapolate context and nuance instead of the typical finger pointing, also known as projection, and attempt to coopt proxy labels onto people in so many words.

K Kimahri said it best a couple of posts back on what’s going on in here for the most part.
I don't need to do any of that to change anything I said in the post you originally quoted. I said I didn't notice her skin color because I didn't. It didn't matter to me what her skin color was. I was more interested in why she was a young girl and the direction they are going go with the character because of that. I didn't even realize it was a controversy until I saw some chuckleheads on Twitter arguing about it on my timeline.

Once again. Not everyone immediately goes to a political place when it comes to games and their characters.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't need to do any of that to change anything I said in the post you originally quoted. I said I didn't notice her skin color because I didn't. It didn't matter to me what her skin color was. I was more interested in why she was a young girl and the direction they are going go with the character because of that. I didn't even realize it was a controversy until I saw some chuckleheads on Twitter arguing about it on my timeline.

Once again. Not everyone immediately goes immediately to a political place when it comes to games and their characters.
You noticed, we all have working eyes, it just didn’t bother you, nor did it bother myself or the majority of the people who have posted in this thread. But carry on, project what you think the tone of the thread is, and not what those are trying to shape it to be.

Toons

Banned
Annnd, it’s posts like this trying to paint a picture and set the tone of the thread of, “you’re racist vs our virtuous selves” bullshit.

Im not trying to paint people as racists I'm trying to get an actual explanation on what the issue is.

This cannot be that hard. So many people ITT angry but what are they upset about then? Because it isn't accuracy. Thats BS. Everyone knows it.

So whats the issue? Can someone please explain.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im not trying to paint people as racists I'm trying to get an actual explanation on what the issue is.

This cannot be that hard. So many people ITT angry but what are they upset about then? Because it isn't accuracy. Thats BS. Everyone knows it.
You say you’re not, but oh you are with typical Kafka traps.

You’re here for an argument since you want to preemptively shut down their opinions as bullshit.

The devs themselves said, “their own spin,” meaning they’re diverging from the cultural norm of the Mythos.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned

But there really aren't.

I'm interested in the conversation around ethnicity in old ages, and if you care to look, many interesting things have been said. You wanna win a debate, so we don't really have much to talk about it seems.

Some of us just.....enjoy the games. It's nuts, but it's true.
If true, then I envy you. I don't know how you can actively participate in this discussion and, yet, not have it influence your enjoyment of games. I used to not notice - not even a little. But now? Fuck me. There are too many screechers on both sides of this war for me to not think about it at least a little. And not in a "this thought process will bring greater enjoyment and value to my hobby and/or contribute to my growth as a person" sort of way.

Last edited:

Relique

I don’t want to get into decades old never ending debates on the race of the ancient Egyptians, but there’s just as much evidence, if not more, on them being an indigenous African civilization as there are claims of them not.

And before anyone screams afrocentric! There’s plenty of white and European Egyptologist that say this and have their own archeological findings and proof. Robert Bauval is one of them. In his Book Black Genesis, he literally tracks the southern migrations of African tribes into the Nile Valley when the Sahara Desert was drying up. Physical and writing evidence. There’s cave paintings of African people with diamond style Egyption dress and gold bracelets on their arms and feet. There’s even an Ankh symbol in a cave in South Africa that’s possibly dated many thousands years old.

Who was in ancient Egypt is not as interesting anymore as finding the origins and the original people are. Cause we all know it was invaded multiple times over. And ancient Egypt is much much older than the dynastic 5000 year period.

By the way, there are black people in North Africa. I know it’s made to seem like these countries are a hard cut off point of people. That’s not the case at all. There are indigenous black Berbers in North Africa. Berbers aren’t originally white/Arab. There are many different black ethnic tribes all across North Africa.
Indigenous yes. That is pretty much the consensus among scholars. But this doesn't necessarily mean all were black and everyone else is a settler. No one is denying that North Africa has or had black people. I have berber relatives for god's sake, some of whom are black and some of whom are not. My problem is with the idea there's been some sort of modern revision to rob black Africans of their dynasty, or that it Egyptians look like they do today because of Arabs. Personally, I believe that it was a mixed region with some fair skinned and dark skinned Egyptians, just like we see today. I'd rather celebrate the Egyptian dynasty and their culture without all this modern identity politics we have to shove into everything. I guarantee you the ancient Egyptians didn't care as much about race as we seemingly do today.

Toons

Banned
I'm interested in the conversation around ethnicity in old ages, and if you care to look, many interesting things have been said. You wanna win a debate, so we don't really have much to talk about it seems.

You're assuming a lot. You first contacted me in this thread to ask if I was Scandinavian. Then you commented saying you think her inclusion is dumb but you're holding out to see if there's a story reason. Beyond that , some have posted studies on what ancient times could've looked like ethnically but there's only so much depth we can go to here to discuss that.

Im not trying to win a debate. Im trying to figure out what the discussion even is for the thread at this stage.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Indigenous yes. That is pretty much the consensus among scholars. But this doesn't necessarily mean all were black and everyone else is a settler. No one is denying that North Africa has or had black people. I have berber relatives for god's sake, some of whom are black and some of whom are not. My problem is with the idea there's been some sort of modern revision to rob black Africans of their dynasty, or that it Egyptians look like they do today because of Arabs. Personally, I believe that it was a mixed region with some fair skinned and dark skinned Egyptians, just like we see today. I'd rather celebrate the Egyptian dynasty and their culture without all this modern identity politics we have to shove into everything. I guarantee you the ancient Egyptians didn't care as much about race as we seemingly do today.
Unless you were a Jew hauling rock, depending on which historian you listen to ;)

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
You say you’re not, but oh you are with typical Kafka traps.

You’re here for an argument since you want to preemptively shut down their opinions as bullshit.

The devs themselves said, “their own spin,” meaning they’re diverging from the cultural norm of the Mythos.

Another dodge to a simple question. This is what I mean. You treat it like an accusation. Its not. You are making plenty of them however.

Such a question of what the problem is with this character doesn't need to be a "trap" at all if you don't make it one.

Why acuse me of trying to reshape the discussion, when no one here wants to even be up front about what the discussion is about?

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
If true, then I envy you. I don't know how you can actively participate in this discussion and, yet, not have it influence your enjoyment of games. I used to not notice - not even a little. But now? Fuck me. There are too many screechers on both sides of this war for me to not think about it at least a little. And not in a "this thought process will bring greater enjoyment and value to my hobby and/or contribute to my growth as a person" sort of way.

I enjoy what I enjoy. F what anyone else thinks. Makes enjoying things a lot less stressful

Woopah

I agree with most of this, but not the need to explain part. They can if they want to, but they don't need to.

The developers didn't need to explain a Greek God interacting with Norse Gods, they don't need to explain why someone has blue skin or black skin or any other colour.

WitchHunter

European blue dwarves? Sounds familiar:

thesmurfs-800x400.jpg

They can make a GoW in Egypt with Kratos killing non-human mythological monsters and stuff like mummies or even to cover the skin of the people with clothes or armors, or even to introduce people with different skin colors that were/are available there.

No neetd to be a 'white man killing loads of black people' game. But doesn't matter what they do: there can always be stupid SJW complains for any case they could do: they can complain because they indluded (problematic representation!) or didn't (lack of representation!), or whatever the setting is (cultural appropiation!).
Why not make a game like GOW with a different character that fits in the given cultural setting? I like Kratos, but he will end up selling ice cream in Spider Man 11. I know it takes a lot of time and money to promote a new protagonist, but Sony has the expertise to do so. Plus every journo will start the review with: the new game from SSMS who made GOW...

That’s all you zeroed in on, eh?

Typical, when one lacks the ability to produce a coherent rebuttal.

It's crazy how they immediately try to character assassinate you by deliberately misrepresenting your point.

Exactly, "putting your own spin" on it is tacitly admitting that you're doing something unorthodox.

Toons

Banned
Why not make a game like GOW with a different character that fits in the given cultural setting? I like Kratos, but he will end up selling ice cream in Spider Man 11. I know it takes a lot of time and money to promote a new protagonist, but Sony has the expertise to do so. Plus every journo will start the review with: the new game from SSMS who made GOW...

Did he come to Fortnite yet?

I agree with most of this, but not the need to explain part. They can if they want to, but they don't need to.

The developers didn't need to explain a Greek God interacting with Norse Gods, they don't need to explain why someone has blue skin or black skin or any other colour.
Maybe a decade or more ago they wouldn't have had to. But, nowadays, people will complain and demand an explanation, regardless. And not just complain, but sometimes full-scale, all hands on deck, we're gonna tear this dev apart unless they somehow give us a satisfactory answer (almost impossible). Gender/race hypersensitivity has gone through the roof.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Its also been explained that how someone with dark skin could plausibly exist in a setting like this, but that didn't seem to change the conversation much.
Good, I look forward to see how it’s explained in game, with the “devs own spin” on this character in the Mythos.

Woopah

But they did explain how Kratos got there via the comics, and explained in game the reason Brok’s skin turned blue. :messenger_savoring:
To be clear I'm not saying they shouldn't explain, I'm just saying they are under no obligation to.

The game features this character because the developers want to. There isn't any issue with that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To be clear I'm not saying they shouldn't explain, I'm just saying they are under no obligation to.

The game features this character because the developers want to. There isn't any issue with that.
I mean, they’ve said they will as much. They came right out of the gate saying they “put their own spin” on the Mythos. So their spin would need an explanation.

If their own spin is a just a mere hollow color swap, then well, token is, token does.

Not sure they’d be proud to champion the latter, but in current year, nothing surprises me anymore.

I hate I beak it to you but all of God of War is their own spin in Norse Mythology.

Loads of it diverges from the standard stories in the first game.

So the fact you are pretending this is where you draw the last straw is hilarious.

God of War is their story and they can write what they want. It's a piece of fiction inspired by other fiction.

Last edited:

Woopah

I mean, they’ve said they will as much. They came right out of the gate saying they “put their own spin” on the Mythos. So their spin would need an explanation.

If their own spin is a just a mere hollow color swap, then well, token is, token does.

Not sure they’d be proud to champion the latter, but in current year, nothing surprises me anymore.
The spin IS the explanation. This is there game, and while they are certainly using Norse mythology for inspiration, they are not looking to create an exact retelling of Norse mythology.

It's their own spin based on the idea 'wouldn't it be cool to have our Kratos character interact with Norse gods.' They don't need to explain each and every way their story is different from the mythology.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Good, I look forward to see how it’s explained in game, with the “devs own spin” on this character in the Mythos.
If you are expecting a very detailed "this is why she is black" scene then you are gonna be disappointed I think. Because I think they will be more interested in showing who she is as a character rather than explaining her skin color.

yurinka

Because Kratos is an icon of the videogames, he's a big part of what makes the IP special and it wouldn't make sense to make a God of War game without him unless it's a small spin-off because he still has a lot of charisma and there is no need to remove him at all other than SJW stupid and wrong reasons of removing a male, white, cis or heterosexual protagonist and to replace him with a female/non-white/cis/non-hetero character.

Same applies to Mario Bros, Sonic, Halo, Tomb Raider, Metroid or Uncharted. To go Abby with them in a main entry of the series means to lose a huge chunk of the magic of the IP specially when done poorly and to piss off your fanbase on purpose as it was in the case of TLOU2. You need to be respectful with your brand and your fanbase, to keep your politics/ideology/religion propaganda away and focus instead in making games that your fanbase will love.

If you are not racist, you wouldn't see any problem on Krato's skin color (or the one of their enemies or NPCs of the setting he visits). You wouldn't care if he goes to a nordic region and there are nordic people there of if he travels to Epic, India, Japan or whatever place and he finds there people from the ethnic profiles typical from there. Same goes with his gender and sexual preferences, you are the one who is sexist and heterophobic etc if you think that all male, cis, heterosexual Sony protagonist must be removed or in this particular case with Kratos only because it's a cis hetero male.

According to Cory SSM is working in other things and I assume one of them is a new IP. If they want to make a game with another protagonist. Sony is working in over 25 games and around half of them are new IPs, there is no need to turn God of War into almost a new IP. It already was rebooted in the previous game and became one of the best games of the generation, there is no point on removing Kratos now.

Why don't you ask to kill Mario and Luigi and to replace them with black lesbian trans sisters? Or the same with Halo? Or why don't you put an Asian guy instead of Lara in Tomb Raider or Metroid? For the same reason you shouldn't do it with Kratos: because it doesn't make sense, it isn't needed and would piss off the fanbase of that brand because they expect to play with these iconic characters in that brands.

If you are expecting a very detailed "this is why she is black" scene then you are gonna be disappointed I think. Because I think they will be more interested in showing who she is as a character rather than explaining her skin color.
Yes, they won't say in the game that they think that it's racist to have an all white cast even if it's set in the old norse mithology to the point they think they must include a black character there because of tokenism.

And for the same reason if they use Loki's shapeshifting skills to reinterpret it in the woke way to turn Atreus into trans, gender fluid or other non-binary stuff and decide to replace Kratos with him or his black wife as the new GoW protagonist they won't tell you they are removing Kratos because of dumb SJW religious reasons as 'toxic masculinity', that having too much male (or white, or cis, or heterosexual) protagonists is problematic/bad/etc.

They didn't that when they were torturing Joel in TLOU2, even if in that scene there was a character who looks like Druckmann spitting Joel and tells him 'Burn in hell, pendejo' (it's a tokenism NPC character who other than that basically only says pendejo multiplle tiems to make sure people gets they included a latino to fill their representation checklist).

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I hate I beak it to you but all of God of War is their own spin in Norse Mythology.

Loads of it diverges from the standard stories in the first game.

So the fact you are pretending this is where you draw the last straw is hilarious.

God of War is their story and they can write what they want. It's a piece of fiction inspired by other fiction.
mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

But who’s pretending to draw the line in here? Most seem to be discussing the words of the devs themselves in the OP.

Then there are a few meta conversations from projectionists antagonizing with Kafka traps and the like. And a even more finite of people who have been crass.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Caucasian Americans and African Americans trying to claim Egyptians as their own never ceases to amuse me

Egyptians looked like Egyptians, and most similar to people in the middle east if you need a point of comparison. Probably because those are the groups it had the longest interaction and trade networks with and its Kingdom even expanded past modern day Israel at times

It borders both Africa, Middle East and Europe and was likely a melting pot for different people over thousands of years. If they need to be compared they are more white than black because the Sahara desert created a major barrier for interactions between Egyptians and Sub Saharan Africans - which is where African Americans are from

So in summary. Ancient Egyptians didn't look like this:
V1x30Q4.jpg

Or like this:
qI1OEcf.jpg

Top Bottom