• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Pre-load & Review Embargo Date Revealed

giphy.gif

Its an open world Souls game. Nothing transformative about it.
Boiling it down to it's simplest trait's doesn't undue it's impact on the gaming community and what it will do for games going forward. it's like me saying "GOW is just another sony third person dad simulator" when it's obviously more than that. Both will be great games, only one is transformative. Unless ragnarok some how changes third person action games going forward in a way the first hasn't.

People said that about RDR2 vs God of War in 2018.
Or GTAV vs TLOU in 2013.

We all know how that went.

That said i think Ragnarok is coming out too late to even be in most GOTY conversations. Elden Ring was the one game everyone spoke about in 2022. Ragnarok erasing that in 1 month is extremely unlikely.

Or GTAV vs TLOU in 2013.

That said i think Ragnarok is coming out too late to even be in most GOTY conversations. Elden Ring was the one game everyone spoke about in 2022. Ragnarok erasing that in 1 month is extremely unlikely.

It doesn’t take a month to beat a game and it’ll be fresh on everyone’s mind

Or GTAV vs TLOU in 2013.

Red Dead came out much later had less time in the critique circle and was assumed to be goty before it released. Elden ring was a surprise with its success and is already the biggest game of the year. It has the story on top of the scores which red dead didn't have.

NT80

I'm not trusting those 10/10 reviews if they happen again. Good as it was the last game was way too overhyped.

Not really, if someone enjoyed GOW more than Elden Ring then to that person its GOTY regardless what VGA shows says and vice versa.
Yes Really. When CEO of Triple Trillion Dollar Company engages in "Console Warz Rhetoric" and Awards are used by the same companies and its minions as "proof" of something.
Well. GOTYs are serious business and a great deal.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Gaming is entertainement, discussions around it is entertainment. Which GOTY quality game will win goty is a net win for us.
Majority of time the discussion gets reduce to childish argument and whatever game wins GOTY will label as "overrated".

But if you guys find this type of arguments entertaining then more power to you, dont let me stop you.

Majority of time the discussion gets reduce to childish argument and whatever game wins GOTY will label as "overrated".

But if you guys find this type of arguments entertaining then more power to you, dont let me stop you.
Yea, but its a gaming forum, not the world science forum. It's not meant to be a serious space 25/7. Feeding into the BS sometimes is okay as long as it doesn't hamper your own enjoyment of gaming. I'll play both.

Top Bottom