• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

Tschumi

Do you really think blacks lived in Scandinavia pre Middle Ages and are mentioned in Norse mythology?
I mean, shit, it would be a stretch but it's not unthinkable, the Mediterranean is hardly an ocean and trade routes surely existed on what is a relatively small continent... i mean "you mean to tell me nordic Europe wasn't all white? because that's what all the characters I've seen have been!" innuendo isn't enough to disprove it is all I'm saying

---

This game will be another new benchmark in graphics. That much seems certain to me. These guys are like Rockstar, they don't do something unless they're sure it'll be an objectively better technical production, gameplay aside.

Saying Kratos' skin looks like the previous game willfully ignores that the previous game had fucking crazy skin on the dude. Diminishing returns, Kratos's skin looked like it smelt of leather it was so good, how the hell can they make skin look more real when it's already, basically, a huge resolution photograph applied to a model then painstakingly bump mapped?

I think areas in which this game will outstrip the last are in draw distances, variety of landscapes, quality of landscapes models, foliage density, variety of characters, stuff like that... I came to God of War late and it had a few pretty uninspiring boulders, among other things.. they clearly prioritised certain things... definitely room for an upgrade

Last edited:

Marvel

could never
Bifrost ?
ghlSiV7.gif
This is so hype, I cannot fucking wait to see Asgard.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
Why? Good enough for a sequel. Its simple, clean, and consistent.

ahpFf7k.jpg

The full art.

Our protagonists in new garb, the frozen lake, Midgard in full winter, teasing the world serpent in the ice, shows their new wolf sled, Freya as an eagle, Thor's lighting, and more.

1iS5IBD.jpg
Both are equally as boring - just two guys standing in the middle.

Compare with the GOW1 or 2 boxart.

Now look at the below:

501236-god-of-war-playstation-4-inside-cover.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why AAA western games have most dull looking box arts!?
Canada is the same and copies them.

Has to do with one part society and one part government approval. Make something too edgy or crazy on box art and people go nuts.

Unless it's Quebec (maybe New Brunswick too?), you cant even show tits and cussing and gore on primetime network TV. You got to wait until 10 pm or midnight and then movies are allowed to be shown uncut. Or watch a pay for cable channel where they can show whatever they want.

One giant babysitting environment where government acts like Mother Teresa thinking if you swear or flash a boob at dinner time TV every citizen is going to be a fucked up rapist.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Canada is the same and copies them.

Has to do with one part society and one part government approval. Make something too edgy or crazy on box art and people go nuts.

Unless it's Quebec (maybe New Brunswick too?), you cant even show tits and cussing and gore on primetime network TV. You got to wait until 10 pm or midnight and then movies are allowed to be shown uncut. Or watch a pay for cable channel where they can show whatever they want.

One giant babysitting environment where government acts like Mother Teresa thinking if you swear or flash a boob at dinner time TV every citizen is going to be a fucked up rapist.
You are right, they have to make the box art dull as possible in fear of not offending anybody........what a joke!

I still remember this...
maxresdefault.jpg

It may have already been mentioned, but what kind of graphical upgrades are we expecting to see on PS5 that we didn't see with the PS5 update on the 2018 GoW in Ragnarok?

Boss Mog

Show me in the bible where it says Jesus wasn't a smurf? You can't, checkmate. Time for smurf Jesus to make his game/movie debut.

Let's take the whitest people on Earth, who when they created Norse mythology had never even encountered a dark skinned person before, and let's shit on their culture and rewrite it for "diversity's" sake. These kinds of twitter SJW virtue signalers truly disgust me, the scum of the earth.

Let's take the whitest people on Earth, who when they created Norse mythology had never even encountered a dark skinned person before, and let's shit on their culture and rewrite it for "diversity's" sake. These kinds of twitter SJW virtue signalers truly disgust me, the scum of the earth.
So would you say they did the same to the Greek's? I mean, Kratos was invented out of nothing and went on a killing spree.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Show me in the bible where it says Jesus wasn't a smurf? You can't, checkmate. Time for smurf Jesus to make his game/movie debut.

You don't know what and who they saw...maybe is true that they have discovered the "new world" before the europeans...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking back at God of War (2018) now, it's clear that one of the biggest jobs the game had was to set things up for its sequel. Multiple questions are raised and then left unanswered throughout the game, and with God of War: Ragnarok being the last game in the series' Norse saga, ideally, it should be answering all of them.

Here, we're going to go over a few questions we have from the first game that we're hoping will be answered in Ragnarok.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned

Jesus depicted as a white dude isn't SJW? It only is when it is the other way around? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: keep crying over nonsensical stuff man

EDIT: so I guess the catholic church was full of SJWs back then. Just accept this fact. We don't need logic

Last edited:

saintjules

Akuji

people ape shitting themselves about the girl is funny for me.
If there is woke shit in the game iam there on the frontline with you all but the game already put egyptian mythology out there and gave hints how the realms are connected.

Lets wait and see

Last edited:
Top Bottom