• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök | New Trailer - State of Play | PS4, PS5

Probably the wrong thread for this, but is there a cheaper way to get PS5 games digitally? Thinking of getting the digital console for this but want to avoid paying the full £70 for games where I can.
You have to wait for a discount in the Playstation store ...but that could take a long while. When you buy the discversion a discount in Gamestores while be much sooner.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Asks dumb question.

"I assume you're joking"

"No, I really want to know."

"I find it difficult to believe you're being serious."

"No, I'm sorry, I honestly don't. Please tell me."

"I still think you're trying to be funny, but just in case here's the answer."

"OMG!!! YOU FELL FOR IT!?!? MR. GULLIBLE! YOU IDIOT!! I ALREADY KNEW!!!!"

Heh, heh. You got me good.
I don't think you are gullible, or do I?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Animation Netflix GIF

I’m waiting for the announcement Sony, got cash in hand.

That looks great gonna be a hard waiting…

Fredrik

The thing that Ragnarok has for it is that it will be fresh by the time voting is happening for TGAs. Elden Ring will be like 9 months old at that point.

What Ragnarok has against it, is that it's an exclusive game...but then again, so was the first one and it won against Red Dead Redemption 2. I was honestly surprised when i saw that lmao.
BOTW was released in March just like Elden Ring so I don’t think being fresh or ”old” will change much.

That said, GOW2018 is fantastic and I can easily see Ragnarök be even better going by this trailer. I honestly think they hit it out the park here, the media preview content was meh but here it looks fantastic, both the action and story sequences. Maybe some will think it’s too samey idk but the same has been said about Elden Ring.

GymWolf

Just for your information, if you are not super anal about playing at day one, on ebay italy you have the game ps5 version for like 63 euros.

NGL... i wasn't actually that hyped for this game and IDK why. Maybe it's the way they've been marketing this thing... but that trailer SOLD the shit out that game. I'm now officially in! If they can deliver on what they're selling in that trailer, it's going to be pretty awesome.

Fredrik

Gaf:
Game company shows early footage of game
Gaf: looks shite, framerate is all over the place, looks like a PS3 game, textures are straight from PS4, combat looks terrible, underwhelming trailer etc etc.
Game company shows footage close to release
Gaf: Mind blown, wow, amazing yadda yadda....
Rince and repeat!
Conclusion: Never show games too early.

I liked the Forza Horizon 5 showcase. Unveiled in June, looked amazing, released in Nov.

BOTW was released in March just like Elden Ring so I don’t think being fresh or ”old” will change much.

That said, GOW2018 is fantastic and I can easily see Ragnarök be even better going by this trailer. I honestly think they hit it out the park here, the media preview content was meh but here it looks fantastic, both the action and story sequences. Maybe some will think it’s too samey idk but the same has been said about Elden Ring.
Mate it's a trailer, it's designed to make it look good. Please tell you aren't judging the quality of this game off a launch trailer? We all know how good Elden Ring is, it's an amazing game and it's going to take a very special game to beat it from the GOTY award.

Fredrik

Mate it's a trailer, it's designed to make it look good. Please tell you aren't judging the quality of this game off a launch trailer? We all know how good Elden Ring is, it's an amazing game and it's going to take a very special game to beat it from the GOTY award.
And a sequel to God of War, Game Of The Year 2018, can not be such a special game?

I’m a huge fan of Elden Ring, it’s on my all-time top 5, but even I can see Ragnarök robbing it this year, looks phenomenal and Sony says they’re actually holding back with this showcase 🔥

And a sequel to God of War, Game Of The Year 2018, can not be such a special game?

I’m a huge fan of Elden Ring, it’s on my all-time top 5, but even I can see Ragnarök robbing it this year, looks phenomenal and Sony says they’re actually holding back with this showcase 🔥
That is actually a good way of putting it as it robbed RDR2 in 2018. I'm playing 2018 GOW now and it's a great game but in no way should it have won over RDR2, anyway that's just my opinion.

All we've seen is some gameplay footage and this trailer which was well made, but nothing that I saw made this look any better than the 2018 GOW, can't wait to play it after I finish 2018 GOW.

I don't know. Elden Ring is great but late game balance is really bad.
Btw you guys think Elden Ring can beat RDR2? I don't even like RDR2 but i know it's a special game for a lots of people.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
What an amazing trailer, absolutely loved it.

that said, I've recently started "the first" GOW on pc and I have to say: I can't really get into it yet. the setpieces are amazing. Graphics are incredible and the story is enticing, but I am not feeling the structure of the game yet. I've played maybe 5-6 hours, but everything boils down to "liniair level, splits off with boat to places with chests that have non interesting loot and generic enemies". Am I missing something? Does this get better? I am struggling to find enjoyment yet can clearly see the quality of the title.

Genuine question, not trying to hate.
I felt the same. There's a lot to like about that game, like the combat, graphics, and parts of the story. But the level design, pacing, and boss battles are a letdown in comparison to previous games, imo.

The sequel looks like more of the same. I think this will be a very good game, but not great.

Edit: Can't even say a game will be "very good" without triggering people? We sensitive out here.

Last edited:

Boneless

GOTY is a bit like the Academy Awards, they already gave 2018 GOW GOTY and I don't think it's likely that they'll give it to the sequel, even though both games are and will be better than ER in my opinion.

First God of War was a huge leap, this will just be an extension of an outstanding game. I am completely fine with that and just want more of that great game, but this does not in any way compete with ER as the GOTY.

PUNKem733

I've read several posts at the other place that say the scenes in the trailer all take place within the first 5 hours. Is this true? Was this a tweet from a dev?

Top Bottom