• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War PC heading to GeForce Now

Fahdis

God of War PC - 1440P 120Hz Ultra DLSS 2.3 Gameplay

So, its now going on another Cloud Service outside of PSN? I am stoked. Gonna be playing it on the 3080 Tier. I think it's pretty cool that we will be able to play it outside of Local Systems and PS Cloud. More choices are always amazing. Can't wait for more Sony games to show up on the service. Waiting for MS now. Literally, nothing better than this cloud service by a mile if you have low latency and at least 500 MB.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Source

So, its now going on another Cloud Service outside of PSN? I am stoked. Gonna be playing it on the 3080 Tier. I think it's pretty cool that we will be able to play it outside of Local Systems and PS Cloud. More choices are always amazing. Can't wait for more Sony games to show up on the service. Waiting for MS now. Literally, nothing better than this cloud service by a mile if you have low latency and at least 500 MB.
That's not Kratos, that's obviously a World of Warcraft Orc with Shadowmourne!

iceatcs

Nice, Hope they will move away from Edge browser's Xcloud to PC's xbox app.
So that you can play better GamePass steam via GeForce Now than poor performance xCloud. But If only MS will allow them to use the PC Xbox store app on Nividia GeForce Now servers.

Last edited:

Fahdis

So that you can play better GamePass steam via GeForce Now than poor performance xCloud. But If only MS will allow them to use the PC Xbox store app on Nividia GeForce Now servers.

Honestly for PC, this is the only way. GeForce Now is so far ahead from every cloud service that its almost ridiculous.

Shmunter

For the handful of people actually playing seriously via streaming.

Can’t believe at one point I considered Google gaming to be a meaningful proposition. One day it will be, but it seems so far away it’s difficult to even imagine.

Schmick

Streaming has a bright future, just the other day I loaded up GoW 1 on my PC. Streaming has to be good to play that game.

manfestival

Just looked at that list of titles on geforce now. pretty solid titles on there. Shame my home internet sucks and is pretty unstable lately for whatever reason but still in 2022 I just find it hard to justify a service like this.

Geforce Now has the best quality of all the streaming services, the only bad thing is that it doesn't have enough/more support.
It has the best business model as well where you are substituting hardware for cloud and not substituting buying games for cloud.

The problem is that publishers get in the way, when they should have nothing to do with how we play games we already bought. They somehow think they are losing money for not getting a cut but that makes no sense.

Last edited:

Fahdis

What support are you referring to? As far as games support, I don't know of a service that has more.

Actually, Ezquimacore Ezquimacore is right. As phenomenal as a service it is, it severely lacks in popular games and publishers. That's the only reason why its not as popular as it is. It has:

- All of Ubisoft
- Valve
- Some EA
- Deep Silver
- Most of Square Enix
- CD Projekt Red
- AAA here and there from a Studio
- Lots of Shovelware

If they get more Publishers on board and expand the 4K to devices outside of the Shield TV, this service will explode.

It has the best business model, since you own your games digitally to be able to play on the latest GPU's and Threadripper CPU's on the cloud. The other utility is that it plays games from all Storefronts if opted in. I swear GFN has replaced PC and Consoles for me.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Actually, Ezquimacore Ezquimacore is right. As phenomenal as a service it is, it severely lacks in popular games and publishers. That's the only reason why its not as popular as it is. It has:

- All of Ubisoft
- Valve
- Some EA
- Deep Silver
- Most of Square Enix
- CD Projekt Red
- AAA here and there from a Studio
- Lots of Shovelware

If they get more Publishers on board and expand the 4K to devices outside of the Shield TV, this service will explode.

It has the best business model, since you own your games digitally to be able to play on the latest GPU's and Threadripper CPU's on the cloud. The other utility is that it plays games from all Storefronts if opted in. I swear GFN has replaced PC and Consoles for me.

Severely lacking in popular games and publishers......compared to what though? Which service has more?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Geforce Now has the best quality of all the streaming services, the only bad thing is that it doesn't have enough/more support.
After having tried about every game streaming service I could think of, I was sure it'd be another half-baked experience. GFN is legit, it'd be real tough for the average person to know they aren't playing on local, native hardware. It's very impressive tech.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Geforce now was the only streaming service that wasn't complete trash that I tried, outside of the control demo on switch.

I still dislike the idea of streaming getting big, but I guess nvidia probably won't be the company to destroy ownership of hardware.

Fahdis

Same for Xbox and PlayStation

Sure, I am not disagreeing there, but they definitely have more publishers on board. I have about 500+ games on Steam and from that I can play about 200. I would be ecstatic if they brought in:

- Namco Bandai
- From Software
- Sega
- Microsoft
- WB
- Activision/Blizzard
- Rockstar

I would pay up the ass for the service. The 4K streaming feels literally native on low latency high bandwidth internet on the Shield TV.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
wut?

edit: Oh I deciphered.. not sure what xCloud has to do with that lol

That would probably be really tricky as Gamepass PC games get downloaded/encrypted per user, as opposed to Steam games where it's just unencrypted files you can cache/mount on any server and Steam handles the DRM for the logged in steam user.

Last edited:
GeForce Now is a Completely different service. Xcloud is Xbox Game Pass where you can stream Xbox Game Pass games via Xbox Series hardware or play them Natively.

With GeForce you'll need to own or purchase the games before you can stream them. On Xbox Game Pass you can play 100s seamlessly, without the need owning the game.

Topher

Gold Member

Game Pass Steam via GeForce Now? Game Pass has nothing to do with Steam or GeForce Now.

Sure, I am not disagreeing there, but they definitely have more publishers on board. I have about 500+ games on Steam and from that I can play about 200. I would be ecstatic if they brought in:

- Namco Bandai
- From Software
- Sega
- Microsoft
- WB
- Activision/Blizzard
- Rockstar

I would pay up the ass for the service. The 4K streaming feels literally native on low latency high bandwidth internet on the Shield TV.

I don't know what the publisher count is for each service, but I get that the games for the publisher's you want to play are not on GeForce Now. I think the cool thing about GeForce Now is it that it isn't beholden to any single publisher or store. Steam, Epic, and GOG all have games there.

iceatcs

GeForce Now is a Completely different service. Xcloud is Xbox Game Pass where you can stream Xbox Game Pass games via Xbox Series hardware or play them Natively.

With GeForce you'll need to own or purchase the games before you can stream them. On Xbox Game Pass you can play 100s seamlessly, without the need owning the game.
Right now, you can play Xcloud on GeForce Now, MS put Edge for them.
But I rather them to use Xbox PC app. So that I can run native PC GamePass on the GeForce server's hardware with higher setting and better gaming cloud performance.

Topher

Gold Member
Right now, you can play Xcloud on GeForce Now, MS put Edge for them.
But I rather them to use Xbox PC app. So that I can run native PC GamePass on the GeForce server's hardware with higher setting and better gaming cloud performance.

Don't you mean you can play GeForce Now on Xbox with MS Edge?

IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

How are you going to use Microsoft Edge on GeForce Now? Edge only runs on Microsoft operating systems.
GeForce now runs on Windows.

The real question is, why would you ever try to use xCloud inside of GeForce now? lol.. streamception

iceatcs

How are you going to use Microsoft Edge on GeForce Now? Edge only runs on Microsoft operating systems.
Didn't know they blocked, it, I pretty sure I played bit in first lockdown. Maybe it was not Shield I was played on. Can't remember.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
GeForce now runs on Windows.

The real question is, why would you ever try to use xCloud inside of GeForce now? lol.. streamception

Ah....I get it now. Yeah, I guess I never thought about doing it that way. Very odd.

Didn't know they blocked, it, I pretty sure I played bit in first lockdown. Maybe it was not Shield I was played on. Can't remember.

Disregard. I misunderstood.

iceatcs

hehe double lag infinity I could see. like the webcam film on the monitor screen.
Disregard. I misunderstood.
No problem.
Yeah it is what I mean. GeForce Now OS is windows, could have Xbox app in there but blocked for some reasons. It is win/win situation for them, people will still sub GamePass PC/Ultimate for PC stuff and sub for better service from GeForce Now.

Fahdis

hehe double lag infinity I could see. like the webcam film on the monitor screen.

No problem.
Yeah it is what I mean. GeForce Now OS is windows, could have Xbox app in there but blocked for some reasons. It is win/win situation for them, people will still sub GamePass PC/Ultimate for PC stuff and sub for better service from GeForce Now.

It looks fine from this point of view as well. But I'm hoping the bring Microsoft games from Steam in the platform soon. Hopefully.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Makes sense as you also need to buy the game to make it playable on GeForce Now. So why not? It'll be on PS+ Extra/Premium/Deluxe by next June and already on PS+ (Essential/basic) on PS5 with PS+ Collection since 2020.

ACESHIGH

Banned
So... not sure if I am following. Only games with native PC versions can be available via GeForce now right?
This would rule out games like Bloodborne, last guardian and others being on the platform for the time being.

IntentionalPun

So... not sure if I am following. Only games with native PC versions can be available via GeForce now right?
This would rule out games like Bloodborne, last guardian and others being on the platform for the time being.
GeForce now is literally just a bunch of cloud VMs running Windows, w/ Steam installed. They've done some customizing of the OS to lock certain things down, and they've had to "block" games (in a totally hacky way, since Steam itself doesn't support blocking games), but other than that, it's just Windows + Steam.

Last edited:

Fahdis

Ok, so the game has just dropped on GeForce Now. And its amazing.

1440P 120Hz Stream

However, the game is blocked off Microsoft Edge on Xbox as a confirmation on reddit. So don't buy it if you're using GeForce Now that way. Chrome however works.

Edit: Amnesia Rebirth is free on Epic right now and you can play it on GeForce Now.

Last edited:

1440P 120Hz Stream

However, the game is blocked off Microsoft Edge on Xbox as a confirmation on reddit. So don't buy it if you're using GeForce Now that way. Chrome however works.

Same thing happened with Death Stranding, not sure why anyone would think this would be different. Like Sony would just accidentally not account for the fact that their games would be playable on xbox devices lol

IntentionalPun

Same thing happened with Death Stranding, not sure why anyone would think this would be different. Like Sony would just accidentally not account for the fact that their games would be playable on xbox devices lol
The irony being they likely ditched the browser on PS5 because they knew MS would gladly let xCloud stream to Playstations lol

The irony being they likely ditched the browser on PS5 because they knew MS would gladly let xCloud stream to Playstations lol

Walled gardens

Garden GIF by TheSecretGarden

BeardGawd

Banned
How does it have the best business model? Geforce Now is $10 a month or $20 a month (for 4k) plus you have to buy the games. It's very similar to Stadia accept you can use any storefront.

After a couple years of paying that you could have purchased a Series S or a graphics card and still own the games and not have to rely on the cloud.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

dreamcast had a web browser in 1999

it's a really weird decision to not have one but i guess nobody really cares anymore with smart TVs and phone casting

IntentionalPun

dreamcast had a web browser in 1999

it's a really weird decision to not have one but i guess nobody really cares anymore with smart TVs and phone casting
Well like I said, my theory is it's because Sony doesn't want other streaming platforms used on Playstation.

Because the system does have a browser built in, the code is there, the capability is there, and Sony only uses it for stuff like login pop-ups for 3rd party services.

Others have claimed it's for "security reasons" but I don't buy that, since you can actually even sort of hack your way into visiting sites using the UIs used to login to Twitter for PS5Share.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

1440P 120Hz Stream

Edit: Amnesia Rebirth is free on Epic right now and you can play it on GeForce Now.
Wow. Sony loving PC lately. Geforce leak right again.

Fahdis

How does it have the best business model? Geforce Now is $10 a month or $20 a month (for 4k) plus you have to buy the games. It's very similar to Stadia accept you can use any storefront.

After a couple years of paying that you could have purchased a Series S or a graphics card and still own the games and not have to rely on the cloud.

Eh? GeForce Now for me is $5 on Founders if I downgrade and $15 for 6 months on 3080 Tier.

Benefits

- Storefront Choice
- Regional Prices (it costs me 50% discount than the American store for Steam as an example)
- You own the licenses of your games
- Free Online MP gaming on Storefronts
- Use any Controller
- Upgrades on their Regional Data Centers are on their end so I will likely get access to 4080 as well without paying premium on GPU's
- PC versions of the games run on Ultra, DLSS, FidelityFX, HDR, Reflex and other shit.
- 120 HZ to 60 HZ - 4K Native Stream on Shield TV and can play anywhere without needing hardware to tag along

Let's round up the Cost

Overall Cost for an Optimal Gaming Experience without a Display

Consoles: $550 + 55 Online MP for Minimum Tier + 140 for 2 Games = Total $705
PC if MSRP (GPU, CPU, MOBO, PSU, RAM, KB/M) vs. RTX 3080 Tier: $2500 + 100 for 2 Games = Total $2600
GFN RTX 3080: $150 Shield TV + 70 Controller (these first 2 are both optional) + 100 for 2 Games + $95 for GFN for 6 months = Total $415 or $195

I haven't taken Gamepass into account since thats what most people have and most have PS Plus Essential at $100. So the cost of re-occurring cost is the same. I can take my games anywhere without worrying about local hardware and playing everything on compromised settings. PC for me is the Ultra platform.

DaGwaphics

Don't tell me there are users using a streaming service to stream a game from a different service? Why would they not just stream from the Xbox app on the local system, they don't need a great GPU for that?

Top Bottom