• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War has reportedly sold at least 1 million copies on PC

Graciaus

Ragnorok is not coming to PC, there has been no indication or official announcement and you go into threads asking for a port you're port begging. In this thread however you can speculate all you want about how these PC sales may persuade them that's fine. I personally think they will use it to introduce people to the franchises and make the sequels exclusive for PS5 for years and years.
You are delusional. In no way would I buy a PS5 for anything Sony makes.

OZ9000

Banned
Fully deserved. I hope PC ports become the norm for Sony first party titles.

I've always had a Playstation but frankly PC gaming makes more sense.

Microsoft have fully embraced it; and it's now time for Sony to join the fray.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

not much

it has been proven steam spy is not trustworthy time and time again
Not true at all. It's new algorithm is not as accurate as beforez but it's def a lot better than a lot of other places and probably the most accurate outside of developers saying it. You have to pay for it though to get the results.

GrayFoxPL

Fully deserved. I hope PC ports become the norm for Sony first party titles.

I've always had a Playstation but frankly PC gaming makes more sense.

Microsoft have fully embraced it; and it's now time for Sony to join the fray.

They embraced it because they own Windows. They don't care what it will sell for. If they would have the balls they would announce discontinuation of the Xbox brand because what for is it? Game X comes out on Xbox and PC.
What do I choose? PC. They killed their own console with this kind of thinking.

Now Sony slowly is doing the same. True, it's for 3,6 year old game, but still.

What defines port begging? Wanting to play a game is now considered port begging? I'm dying to play dying light 2 for instance, does that mean I'm port begging? PlayStation owners hoping to play future COD games are port begging?

This needs to be defined.
Definition

"Fanboys that's dedicated and worships one company over the other, begging rival corporation/company to port their first party games to their rival console or platform."

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
I have no idea why certain players are so desperate to argue Ragnarok PC is not coming considering its all but confirmed

You said it yourself: all but confirmed, yet people saying that it's not coming are the desperate ones... 🤔

In no way would I buy a PS5 for anything Sony makes.

So you are also not interested in any game they port to PC. Which throws the question why you are even in this thread....

Midn1ght

tongue salt GIF

Loope

Why are people so hellbent in calling out the port begging posts? Are you trying to get someone banned or something?

OT: Congrats to Sony for the sales.

PhaseJump

Banned
"Dear Gaben, Please, I beg you. Add another USB port to the Deck. Ports fail all the time and those of us who beg for more than that one failure point are being figuratively executed by console warriors who whine and tactically fling shit at each other.

Thanks bud.

PS. Charging cradle pads would save things from wearing out too... Oh, shit. I shouldn't have said PS. Team green's rats must think I'm biased now. They're chewing through the walls to come get me. I am hopeful that I'll be rescued though, I can hear an air strike coming in the distance. Oh, shit. No. That's just the sound of Sony consoles overheating while nearby users turn red in a sweaty blind rage, attempting to shit themselves and reload. I think I'm fucked. No. Not like this..."

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've a very good PC I don't see a point in buying a console. The games will be ported or I'll play them on an emulator in 10 years. I am patient.
Sure. Your choice.
IMO it's weird way to think. 10 years later the games lost their glamour and hype. Like playing gta iv in 2018.
Console is only 500 and plays the game just as well as pc... but in this case, I bet it will come in a year to pc.

And your very good pc will be shit in 10 years and barely run the game if it came out in 10 years.
So in 10 years, you will have MULTIPLE spending on upgrading your pc which will not introduce you to new games

Last edited:

GrayChild

Gold Member
The amount of coping from the most rabid console fanboys is staggering as per course.

If the Metacouncil and GeForceNow leaks were not enough, the creation of the Playstation PC brand and reception of the GoW port have cemented the deal. The release of every first-party Sony game on PC is now not a question of 'if', but 'when'. And I bet the waiting time will get smaller with every game.

PhaseJump

Banned
Sure. Your choice.
IMO it's weird way to think. 10 years later the games lost their glamour and hype. Like playing gta iv in 2018.
Console is only 500 and plays the game just as well as pc... but in this case, I bet it will come in a year to pc.

And your very good pc will be shit in 10 years and barely run the game if it came out in 10 years.
So in 10 years, you will have MULTIPLE spending on upgrading your pc which will not introduce you to new games

Glamour and hype. A key ingredient in the FOMO fueled delusion that justifies redundant device purchases.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Glamour and hype. A key ingredient in the FOMO fueled delusion that justifies redundant device purchases.
You live in here and now?
Or in "no fun in 10 years" land?
You guys have only 1 life. You already waste it by playing video games.... so at least play them when they are new and exciting. And don't waste your breath discrediting poor 500usd consoles. the game plays just as well.

I cannot fathom being here, on this forum as a fan of video games and saying - fuck these cheap consoles, I will emulate the game in 23 years on pc. Like wtf. What kind of gamers are you. How miserable are your lives lol

Graciaus

Sure. Your choice.

A good game will still be a good game. Unless you are playing a multiplayer game it doesn't really matter when you play it. They might play the same but what you can do is completely different.

I don't follow your logic. The PS5 will likely be phased out in 10 years. The PC unless it breaks will still run games. But yes I would upgrade it. Are you not going to buy a mid gen refresh or the next console?

GHG

Gold Member

It's all redundant, none of this is essential. But people will ultimately buy what they think they will enjoy for whatever reason.

One game I want (if I want it enough of course) is enough for me personally to purchase a console or upgrade my PC. Other people's threshold might be higher and there's no problem with that.

But saying you will wait 10 years for something? Look, I run a business. If I send a client a proposal/quotation and they said to me "come back in 10 years" then I don't care about them and they aren't worth me spending time on. Either you want/need something or you don't.

Loope

You guys have only 1 life. You already waste it by playing video games.... so at least play them when they are new and exciting. And don't waste your breath discrediting poor 500usd consoles. the game plays just as well.

I cannot fathom being here, on this forum as a fan of video games and saying - fuck these cheap consoles, I will emulate the game in 23 years on pc. Like wtf. What kind of gamers are you. How miserable are your lives lol
Or...hear me out...or he can subscribe to PSNow, why waste 500€ on a console he doesn't want?

PS: what in the hell is FOMO?

Last edited:
That's great. The game wasn't considered the Goty of 2018 for nothing after all. Let's hope for more games to come a little sooner to Steam as well. I'm looking at you Ghost of Tsushima.

PhaseJump

Banned

You do a lot of projecting and make a lot of assumptions here.

God of War is new and exciting, on PC. Here and now. It runs good on old hardware.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around your comment about old games coming out later on PC being unglamorous, yet imply they will run like shit on good PC hardware and require future upgrades... Yet just as well as the console today.

Doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't care. I don't buy hype, the last time I did was the PS5 design reveal. My balls are still sore from when I recoiled in horror too fast.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
A good game will still be a good game. Unless you are playing a multiplayer game it doesn't really matter when you play it. They might play the same but what you can do is completely different.

I don't follow your logic. The PS5 will likely be phased out in 10 years. The PC unless it breaks will still run games. But yes I would upgrade it. Are you not going to buy a mid gen refresh or the next console?
PS5 will hold up better than your pc most likely if you don't upgrade.
ps5 also might not "break". Nobody says you can't use it after it is phased out

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You do a lot of projecting and make a lot of assumptions here.

God of War is new and exciting, on PC. Here and now. It runs good on old hardware.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around your comment about old games coming out later on PC being unglamorous, yet imply they will run like shit on good PC hardware and require future upgrades... Yet just as well as the console today.

Doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't care. I don't buy hype, the last time I did was the PS5 design reveal. My balls are still sore from when I recoiled in horror too fast.
I mean... it is new and exciting... no more than it was in 2018 to plenty of players.
And it running good on old hardware does not mean too much. I think the requirements are a bit high compared to how little different it looks on ps4 but that's different topic

FrankWza

They should should let Bluepoint do a remaster just like DS to be honest, 60FPS AND updated visuals, what's not to like?

very good PC

play them on an emulator in 10 years.
These self proclaimed masters do a lot of downplaying only to beg and wait. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a master.
The amount of coping from the most rabid console fanboys is staggering as per course.
homeless GIF

What does this even mean? People with PS4/PS5 are port begging Horizon Forbidden West? How could they be when it's officially releasing only on those consoles? If a game is confirmed to be coming out what exactly would they be begging for.

This is like saying looking forward to pay day makes you a poor beggar. You're being ridiculous.

Ragnorok is not coming to PC, there has been no indication or official announcement and you go into threads asking for a port you're port begging. In this thread however you can speculate all you want about how these PC sales may persuade them that's fine. I personally think they will use it to introduce people to the franchises and make the sequels exclusive for PS5 for years and years.
That's literally my point. There's is no defining port begging. Most of these games are coming to PC, so it can't be port begging. Just like HFW is not out yet, and it's not considered port begging by owning a ps4/ps5. It's also not port begging while owning a PC. Same with Ragnarock.

Literally everyone at this point, knows it's coming out. It's a matter of WHEN

PhaseJump

Banned
I mean... it is new and exciting... no more than it was in 2018 to plenty of players.
And it running good on old hardware does not mean too much. I think the requirements are a bit high compared to how little different it looks on ps4 but that's different topic

Running good on old hardware means a lot, when you predicate your own argument to a PC gamer in a thread about a PC port, that he should buy a PS5 for the sequel and not exercise patience, because the game will run like shit and require upgrades in the future.

This discussion is stupid. It is PS fans attempting to push the console or argue that a PC gamer should want the console despite more capable hardware options being already available to them.

Running good on old hardware means a lot, when you predicate your own argument to a PC gamer in a thread about a PC port, that he should buy a PS5 for the sequel and not exercise patience, because the game will run like shit and require upgrades in the future.

This discussion is stupid. It is PS fans attempting to push the console or argue that a PC gamer should want the console despite more capable hardware options being already available to them.

It's the same ppl that constantly have to let the world know they have a 3080 in every other post they make, yet can be the biggest console fanboys ever. I don't get the cap? Makes literally no sense. Why supposedly own a decent PC, just to shit on it?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I am a pc gamer myself. I just don't see why limit yourself ... stubborn pc gamer is the only one who looses here

GHG

Gold Member
It's the same ppl that constantly have to let the world know they have a 3080 in every other post they make, yet can be the biggest console fanboys ever. I don't get the cap? Makes literally no sense. Why supposedly own a decent PC, just to shit on it?

Can you show us examples of this phenomenon?

FrankWza

What does that have to do with anything being discussed here? We get it, you have a pc and refuse to buy a PS again. Now go wait for their games to release on PC. No matter why you think will happen or what will actually happen the only guarantees we have now is that you’re waiting.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about The Last of Us on PC, especially with the upcoming HBO TV series.

Can you show us examples of this phenomenon?
3700x + 3080. yeah
But ps5 still got much better loading

Iron Galaxy is doing the port... Arkham Knight... Still max 90fps with heavy dips. Even on 3080 :p
I have 3080 but it will be safer to replay on ps5

More reshade terrible color grading and sharpening. Looks kinda unfocused.
When I launch something like Dark Souls 3 in 8k (14fps in 3080), it looks like prerendered postcard... this not

lol actually I could sell my 3080 pc and buy a car... but that 3080 fe is too damn beautiful even if I barely use it

Yeah I presume 3080 is the way of course.
I am just being cautious. You know - pc is pc as usual so bad ports etc happen.
But also - ps5 3d audio and dualsense support might be so cool that I could be willing to play there !

That is some HORSE SHIT.
My 3080 founders edition is WAY louder than ps5.
It's like a small jet inside my pc with the fan spinning at 2100rpm at 80c.... like constantly the card is at 100% use when I paly new games like Guardians of the galaxy.
And all my other fans are capped at 700-800rpm... and that hum is more comparable to ps5.
When I play Demons Souls or something else, I can hear just slight hum and some tiny tiny coil whine when I get close...

And guru3d review measured 3080 fe in stress at 38db... and ps5 APPEARS quieter.

1060 for 1080p30.... isn't 1060 like 2-3 times more powerful than ps4 ?
Anyway - 3080 for 4k60. I would expect 120 wih 3080. Probably dlss will get there.
I think I will better replay it 4k60 on ps5... I do have 3080 but pc is (too often) pain.

I can already hear pc players whining about fov :messenger_face_steam:

edit: btw it is a bit weird having new console on the market and advertising pc version with all these features while not even doing ps5 native port
Sorry rofif rofif literally the first of 8 pages when typing in 3080 into search. You had to be the chosen one
What does that have to do with anything being discussed here? We get it, you have a pc and refuse to buy a PS again. Now go wait for their games to release on PC. No matter why you think will happen or what will actually happen the only guarantees we have now is that you’re waiting.
I beat GOW in a day and beat all the valks the next day trying to find anything i missed. I don't mind waiting for the next one on PC. It's not a game you can hop on everyday to pay with your homies.

4Lpd4qy.png

Maybe your on to something there! Flying a dragon in VR sounds dope! Motion sickness aside...
Well, there is something really close to what you want but it is basically a monkey paw kind of wish.

Century: Age of Ashes

Dragons fighting in mid-air battles like Lair but it's F2P (like most things these days sadly). Still. looks cool as fuck.

Edit: there are 6 vs 6 modes. Controls look smooth

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Sorry rofif rofif literally the first of 8 pages when typing in 3080 into search. You had to be the chosen one

I beat GOW in a day and beat all the valks the next day trying to find anything i missed. I don't mind waiting for the next one on PC. It's not a game you can hop on everyday to pay with your homies.

4Lpd4qy.png

Thanks, not seeing where he's shitting on PC though, he's even praising it in some of the posts you quoted.

Top Bottom