• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War, Ghost of Tsushima or Horizion Zero Dawn?

Hoppa

God of War is a must play.

Ghost was pretty good.. its probably the best Assassins Creed gam that isn't Assassins Creed. More polished, deeper combat.

buenoblue

Tried replaying horizon on pc last year and even though I loved it when it first came out it didn't hold up that well for me. Replaying GOW right now on ps5 and yeah, it's an all time classic. Gonna grab ghosts when it's a bit cheaper as it's the only sony exclusive I haven't played yet x

Tried replaying horizon on pc last year and even though I loved it when it first came out it didn't hold up that well for me. Replaying GOW right now on ps5 and yeah, it's an all time classic.

Same feelings from me. I got about 9 hours into HZD on PC before just kinda fizzing out. I enjoyed it on PS4 but doesn't have the same appeal to me anymore.

Playing GoW on PS5 is amazing. That 4k/60 patch works wonders. Ghost at 4k/60 is also awesome on PS5. Highly recommend.

God of War is still probably one of the best looking games out there, though. Especially at 60 fps

TheMooMan

Banned
I think they're all weak by Sony exclusive standards.

If I had to rank them?

1. God of War
2. Ghost
3. Zero Dawn

That's like trying to choose between 3 hot women.

But if I had to go in order I would play HZD, Ghosts, and GoW last. GoW is so good it can ruin other games if you play them right after. Horizon had the best combat though. They're all damn good.

If you never played GOW first of all where the hell you been, second , watch youtube vid that gets you kind of caught up on Kratos story.

Have fun.

GoW and Horizon are like $10 and GoT is like $40 so to go with your hot woman analogy, you only need to take the first 2 hot woman to McDonald’s to get them in bed, instead of a fancy Italian restaurant, so I would choose the first 2 hot woman. Wait till the 3rd woman turns over 30 years old.

Terenty

This thread is a perfect example why the game dev is going to shit. If a fucking corridor qte fest with the same trolls over and over is considered a masterpiece than we are truly doomed i tell ya

Batiman

Banned
GOW>>>>>>>GOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HZD

GOW is amazing and probably one of the best this gen. GOT I found was an average game with a beautiful but boring world. HZD is just a looker

SkylineRKR

Horizon last, its not upgraded and doesn't hold a candle to both GoW and GoT right now. Though I also feel HZD is the weakest of the 3, regardless. Though a very good game.

GoT is the best one, followed by GoW which I enjoy much more on PS5 than I ever did on PS4. Not only the perf, but also the fact it doesn't launch my console into orbit.

God of war then ghosts, horizon if u get cheap, overrated game, only thing good about the game was its long range combat,everything is just bad to average.

PuffyCan

God of war or GoT are both excellent game, you can't go wrong with either one. Forget HZD, go play something else it's not worth your time.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
God of War offers the best confined story-driven game and arguably the best combat.

Horizon and Ghost are both fine open world RPGs in their own right, Horizon is a bit more fun to me. So I say go GoW first, then flip a coin on the other two,

mhirano

Ghost of Tsushima is Assassin's Creed Japan perfected. One of the best PS4 games.
Horizon Zero Dawn is generic but pretty open world, I dropped it a few hours in.
God of War is amazing but not comparable to the former two.

sainraja

I would really recommend Ghost of Tsushima. God of War is really good too. I wish I had played that in one go instead of over spans of time (due to other things in life heh).

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I’ve beaten HZD and GoT and I’m about an hour or two into God of War.

Based on what I’ve played so far I’d go:

Ghosts
HZD
God of War

Really hoping God of War opens up or catches my interest a bit more

THEAP99

Banned
Easily god of war since God of War is more polished and doesn't have stupid fully open-world Ubisoft formula, That being said horizon and ghost are solid but i'd take horizon over ghost

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Ghost of Tsushima is the best open world game I've played in the last generation and probably my favorite PS4 exclusive. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I liked God of War and think it's a great game. But it's not a title I go back to play again and again.

Never played Horizon sadly.

drganon

Definitely Ghost of tsushima. I liked Horizon zero dawn, but I liked ghost way more. As for god of war, it was decent enough, but I thought it was a bit overrated, but that's just me.

GymWolf

Gow is probably the better game overall but i liked the story and the enemies of horizon a lot more.

Tsushima is ok, the art design does most of the heavy lifting.

TMLT

God Of War is easily the best of the three.

Ghosts and Horizon are both at a similar level imo, and are very good., but GoW is superb.

mxbison

1. God of War - awesome in every way, one of the best games of last gen

2. Ghost of Tsushima - pretty standard open world stuff but beautiful visuals and fun combat

3. Horizon - fighting the machines was pretty cool but I couldn't get into, dropped it after like 5-6 hours

Top Bottom