• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War - dig deeply into the world and .. Who Blew The Fucking Horn ?

Tumle

You're overthinking this a lot more than the hacks who wrote this game.
great shitposting newbee ;)
maybe come with some constructive criticism instead, so people who are interested in the topic, don't have to scroll through shitposts like yours.

for the others in the topic, thanks for a thread, that's actually entertaining to read through.. and not the usual fanboy drivel :)

I don’t think tyr would do such a thing to manipulate things and lead for a Ragnarok.. tyr was known for god of war but for peace .. maybe he has plans for Kratos and Atreus with the cooperation with mother Faye BUT killing Baldur wasn’t in that plans imo .. Kratos made that decision and a mistake that will bring Ragnarok by skipping many stages .. I mean faster .

Tyr's plan for peace failed though between the aesir and vaenir. He knew that if left alone the gods would incur Ragnarok anyways. So my guess is his plan was to take Kratos from his world to his own so Kratos would kill the gods before that could happen. Even though Kratos pretty much destroyed his world he left humanity with a sliver of chance free from the tyranny of the gods and to forge their own path.

We know that Kratos is still the same Kratos from GoW3 due to the scar from Athena's blade so someone had to drag him from there and heal him.

Killing Baldur was in the plans because if left alone he would have eventually killed Freya which would have brought Ragnarok anyways.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I got a defective copy.
tenor.gif

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Tyr's plan for peace failed though between the aesir and vaenir. He knew that if left alone the gods would incur Ragnarok anyways. So my guess is his plan was to take Kratos from his world to his own so Kratos would kill the gods before that could happen. Even though Kratos pretty much destroyed his world he left humanity with a sliver of chance free from the tyranny of the gods and to forge their own path.

We know that Kratos is still the same Kratos from GoW3 due to the scar from Athena's blade so someone had to drag him from there and heal him.

Killing Baldur was in the plans because if left alone he would have eventually killed Freya which would have brought Ragnarok anyways.

I know this sounds crazy but I think Baldur won’t kill his mother Freya if Kratos didn’t interfere ..

and going to Tyr I think he has no intention to awake Kratos past cuz that will make it worse on this world and on Kratos himself even if that means killing gods and saving this world .. do not forget the son maybe that’s why one of the paths Atreus will kill his father regarding that vision of tyr’s

And to be more precise.. mimir is the key to everything after the disappearance of Tyr , you know that the Giants put bifrost crystals
In the eyes of whom trusting .. right ?
That would be Tyr and Mimir .. and there is something weird about mimir when he asked about some mysteries regarding Atreus or Faye , he will dodge that question with another story to prevent the collapsing of Faye’s vision to The father and son ( my theory is Not involving Tyr as the main but Faye and mimir also has a role to play .. big one )

And to just correct something you said .. the world serpent does fight Thor in Ragnarok .. that’s why future did happened

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Not to forget that Odin is prepared perfectly for Ragnarok when it comes .. the legendary wolves Skoll and hati are controlled by Odin .. mimir told us that he captured them so he has the advantage when ragnarok comes ..

When Odin captured them he put them in use by chasing the sun and moon when when they finally catch the prey that is the day Ragnarok happens ..

Last edited:
Not to forget that Odin is prepared perfectly for Ragnarok when it comes .. the legendary wolves Skoll and hati are controlled by Odin .. mimir told us that he captured them so he has the advantage when ragnarok comes ..

When Odin captured them he put them in use by chasing the sun and moon when when they finally catch the prey that is the day Ragnarok happens ..

Yes but Mimir states that this is all about Odin trying to control Ragnarok and his own fate which Odin was unsuccessful in doing. Remember Mimir said that by killing Baldur, Kratos had changed things and started Ragnarok 100 years earlier then what prophecy foretold.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Yes but Mimir states that this is all about Odin trying to control Ragnarok and his own fate which Odin was unsuccessful in doing. Remember Mimir said that by killing Baldur, Kratos had changed things and started Ragnarok 100 years earlier then what prophecy foretold.

yeah .. you know all of that talk and tales you hear from mimir or the small board the giants leave behind tell us not only the past but some of them is future .. but the thing is maybe all of that changed when Kratos speed up things after Baldur’s death

So .. Kratos and Faye may got things right with Atreus but sure there are mistakes Kratos did through out the journey .. not just the death of Baldur but even what happened in Alfheim

Last edited:
• Did the baldur think Kratos a giant this whole time ? Or did he mistake him thinking that he’s the one while it’s his wife Faye? Because he said to kratos “ I thought you bigger “ the beginning of the game

• now after you beat the game mimir still giving you stories or insight about this world .. something he said makes me wonder , did the world serpent came from future to save Atreus ? to fulfill the prophecy? .. cuz as mimir said the Ragnarok did happen and Thor fought the serpent so who did he even exist ? is every realm has it’s own space time ? Or did all this was Faye’s plans for her sun ?

- Just mistaken identity and Baldur had no idea of Kratos' history - Odin would likely have known of Kratos, so it's possible he knew what would happen (to Baldur) and is trying to control Ragnarok?

- Time progresses differently in each realm but certain events are fixed. I don't think the timeline will make sense until the 3rd game.

I watched a few interviews from C.Barlog (on YouTube) and he hinted that Mimir has been mistranslating what the Serpent has actually been saying; Mimir probably has his own agenda, likely serving another set of gods (Mimir mentions his homeland is Egypt?)

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
- Just mistaken identity and Baldur had no idea of Kratos' history - Odin would likely have known of Kratos, so it's possible he knew what would happen (to Baldur) and is trying to control Ragnarok?

- Time progresses differently in each realm but certain events are fixed. I don't think the timeline will make sense until the 3rd game.

I watched a few interviews from C.Barlog (on YouTube) and he hinted that Mimir has been mistranslating what the Serpent has actually been saying; Mimir probably has his own agenda, likely serving another set of gods (Mimir mentions his homeland is Egypt?)

yeah we discussed that already but as you said about mimir .. it’s obvious that mimir is hiding something and you can see that when he talks or not at several times
mimir could be a key to something Odin wants .. who knows maybe I’m wrong

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I Feel this thread could serve many who just finished the game and want to know what is going on. Feel free to add anything you got there are still unanswered questions

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I just recently played through the game.. I stayed away before just because I’ve played all the previous ones and just didn’t care anymore after the ps3 game.

I ended up loving the game even though the non ending was pretty weak…

The thing is and idk how many people noticed but this game is basically Sony’s Zelda OOT. It follows that formula to a T and in my IMO was a huge boost for the IP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom